Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could be that Elon finished his selling this morning. Many of those shares may have been bought by Wall Street investment banks. This afternoon they might doling them out to to client institutional firms at bargain prices. The idea would be to favor clients before a rebound. We may know better tomorrow.
Don't think he is done. 17 million is a lot....

Think he is close.

We are hitting new lows as I write.

But we will know better tomorrow 😁.

Don't think he is done. 17 million is a lot....

Think he is close.

We are hitting new lows as I write.

But we will know better tomorrow 😁.

17m is certainly a lot, but the the volume has been strong the last couple days too. Thurs/Friday last week were 25m and 21m. Mon/Tues this week have been 33 and (so far) 53m. Today is likely to have more volume than any day excluding Oct 25/26 since March.

Just saw a Teslarati article on Tesla buying more land to expand the ecological paradise at Giga Texas (Horse Ranch LLC)
Going from 700 horsepower to 1 horse. Jerry Seinfeld in Comedians in Cars getting Coffee had a funny about that. REALLY.

Reactions: AZRI11 and SOULPEDL
I don't think today (and yesterday) has anything to do with the number of shares that Elon is selling. It's all about the perception of him selling and how people are spinning it to mean Elon is cashing out while the stock was at an ATH thus a display of no-confidence in Tesla. It doesn't matter that this spin is complete BS. People just see "Elon is selling" and assume they should sell too without looking into the nuance.

RELAX.

Long term we know where this is going ;)
Where will we be in 1 years time ....

I got myself 8 new Jan 24 1200 leaps and sold jan 23 2000 leaps against them.
Might need to break my Pigg(CC)y bank with shares from sold CC's and buy more calls if the prices keep dropping.
I like your style.

Tried to do the same just now at 1012 and the sucker bounced!!

I will wait at my limit for EOD. No chasing!

In other news my NOV 12 845 / 775 BPS are in the red.... and I am not worried about it.

Reactions: elasalle
This is the gamma squeeze being unwound. Funds have probably gotten all they need from Elon's sale + stop losses (those that wish to be neutral weight), and knowing this, the leveraged players are unwinding positions. 1T is still a great foundation from which to grind upwards...
At this point, gamma is even playing against the stock.

Once the Elon sell news is done, the downward pressure on the stock will ease. IMO at that point, any positive news will cause a move up as nearly all of the paper hands will have been gone through. I'm using today to reload some leaps.

At this point, gamma is even playing against the stock.

Once the Elon sell news is done, the downward pressure on the stock will ease. IMO at that point, any positive news will cause a move up as nearly all of the paper hands will have been gone through. I'm using today to reload some leaps.

I nibbled a few as well, but those are for long-term positioning and I'm not expecting them to appreciate rapidly. Think it will be a slower grind back to ATHs, absent catalysts.

Reactions: henchman24