Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To me this looks exactly like the last 5B ATM share offering. Announced. The next day the stock hung in there. The day after hammered to pieces. A couple of days after an announcement that everything sold.

More shares being sold this time. I have a hard time believing that the four million shares that traded over ten minutes when the stock plummeted 100 points today did not include some of Elon's. Maybe he is dumping more shares in the dark pools. But we are talking like 20B here.

He is selling and selling hard, and if he is not, then maybe you really better batten down the hatches because he is going to sell.

I think he may finish up tomorrow. 17 million shares.... you know some institutions are buying as well to make up for their shortfalls in balancing vs. the S&P although probably not like mad.... Think we have a shot at being done tomorrow.

Honestly, these are guesses. I have no inside information.

I am guessing that a PR is forthcoming this week about being done. I have NO IDEA what the SP will do then, but skyrocketing is a possibility.

What I learned through years of tsla investment is always take Elon musks words lieterally, starting from funding secured. Yes, he is selling
And I value his transparency. Tsla is the only stock that wall streets have no edge on insider information against retail investors. Fb/goog/amazon etc mostly made funds and it’s employees rich. Tsla is the greatest wealth creation for average ppl

Is it possible to set IOC order with options ?

I get the feeling that with liquidity volume options, MM Ask price immediately drifts higher, and away, as soon as my bid, which is slightly above previous bid, shows in the quote screen.

My broker rejects IOC with options, not sure if this is standard behaviour.

Yep :) According to the journo, supporting evolutionary psychology is a conservative position LOL.

I have hard time thinking of any subject where Musk would disagree with Pinker.
If Austin journalists think Steven Pinker is a conservative thinker then they need all higher education they can get ;) in Austin

[I thought readers of this forum, based on past experience with TSLAQ, would have a better judgement filtering out journalistic hit pieces for their own consumption, never mind impulsively sharing them.]
What exactly leads you to read the Chron's article as a "journalistic hit piece"? I'm not sure what you are objecting to. Even so, I posted it because many of us were not aware of this new college and the context provides for interpreting Musk's TITS tweet.

• Disagree
Reactions: navguy12 and UCF3
This is so much fun. Traded DITM calls for shorter term OTM calls and am up a lot. Now I am not a trader but this was just too crazy to believe. I even forgot I had that call. It's Christmas time early this year. Thank you Elon for showing how dumb some jealous politicians and economists are. Very poor decisions by the Dems. I voted Dem but now i may go independent.

Andrea James was asked by Dave Lee how a re-rating of a company stock is determined. She said it's based on if institutions are willing to buy during an offering and what they are willing to pay.

If Elon's shares are fully absorbed at current levels by the market, then the stock has been re-rated, served as a check point in a video game as you will. Tesla was re-rated after 5 for one split in the 400s and then by the s&p at the 600-700s. This serves as another re-rating so people need to just chill.
Re rated means:

The dog toy is on the floor. Not the top step of the staircase. Not the arm of the couch.

The dog toy is on the floor (if the above post is accurate).

Had a terrifying few minutes when I accidentally sold (when I meant to buy) a DITM covered call and then realized my mistake. Managed to buy it back and made $200 in the process, but took a couple of minutes to figure out Schwab's platform on how to close it. That was right before it bounced off $1032 so just in time.

Moral of the story: learn ins and outs of trading platform before dabbling options!