Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The above link seems to list everything on one page.

The numerology BS used to get folks banned for a while. Hidden message split discussions are annoying, they bring as much value to investor discussions as if we were to advocate for each of our own magical beliefs in life: Blue emu oil, Easter Bunny, Muhammad/Buddha/Jesus, cinnamon for diabetes, homeopathic medicine.

It seems like forum participants are coming here out of nowhere, including those with early joining dates. A problem with the internet is everyone gets to spout as if an expert. I've heard that there are some people engaging in a boycott of FB, hope anyone brought here for their multi-daily sounding off just goes back!

Stealth commented on not looking at balances on bad days-WISDOM. Attachment to the $ begets emotions begets pain begets decisions to avoid the pain.

The recent rise was getting out of hand, so nice to cool the fire off a bit. Excesses get cleaned out, weak hands let out their shares, digestion occurs. This creates room for further moves. The moving averages get to catch up. Heck, we are nowhere near the 50 day MA...

US non settlement day- I got no feel how this impacts the day.

Strange - Germany still showing End 2022 for base S. I need one August 2023...so hopefully they'll have sorted everything out by then.
I want a new one too, but with delivery end 2022 I won’t place an order until the waiting time is shorter. By end of 2022, Model S most likely has had yet another revision. A lot can happen between now and 12-24 months, both stock wise and product wise.

Kind of weird that Elon decided to sell less shares today during a day of strength. Wonder why he stopped short today.

Do you really think he's sitting at his computer entering trades himself for this?

Considering the fact that he had to plan this ahead of time, and the fact that Elon knows he needs to spend his time on more important things, I'm sure he's instructed GS, MS or Chase or whoever he banks with to deal with the sale (and options executions).

I don't for one moment think Elon's spending any time on trying to "buy the dip" and "sell into strength". He's decided weeks or even months ago that he needs to sell to exercise his options and pay taxes on that. Then, the richest man on earth, he has available to him the absolute smartest investment bankers on the planet to devise a plan for him that is a win-win for him and Tesla / TSLA.

This plan is then executed.

The Twitter poll was just trolling the woke mob.

What I find funny is that Gary Black on Twitter stated that this is a nothingburger and that 20mil shares would be sold by GS/MS in 2 days without affecting the share price 😂 that aged like unpasteurized goats milk.

I've been wrong before and I intend to be it again. But pre looks great. 1,104 after 20 minutes of trading.

Edit: 1,118 and a gif just because.

f986c265-db10-42eb-9a43-1007d61e8b69_text.gif

Last edited:
I want a new one too, but with delivery end 2022 I won’t place an order until the waiting time is shorter. By end of 2022, Model S most likely has had yet another revision. A lot can happen between now and 12-24 months, both stock wise and product wise.

Yeah - I'm not worried about taking delivery in August 2023 (current lease runs out then), but timing the order will be the interesting thing. I was at the Frankfurt SeC yesterday getting my headlights replaced and the sales lady there also mentioned they have no information and they are actively telling people to hold off on ordering S/X right now. While sitting there for 2.5h (don't ask why....) I observed a non-stop stream of people coming in for a 3/Y test drive or to take a look at the car. No deliveries in this time took place, but 4 car carriers came by in this time too. Interesting dynamic.

On a positive(er) note:

1636623303084.png

$1115 in Frankfurt - quite close to the $1112 I'm seeing pre-market in the US right now.

Any truth in this? Implications?

TSLA "-10% Flash Crash" on Tuesday visible in live market data: note the "cliff" in the option deltas & suddenly crashing: high volume put purchases driving the price down through market maker delta hedging & the price crashing in a feedback loop. Elon wasn't buying any puts..

Any truth in this? Implications?

TSLA "-10% Flash Crash" on Tuesday visible in live market data: note the "cliff" in the option deltas & suddenly crashing: high volume put purchases driving the price down through market maker delta hedging & the price crashing in a feedback loop. Elon wasn't buying any puts..

Dun dun duuuun! The plot thickens

• Funny
Reactions: capster
TSLA storms back on high volume w. Elon's Form 4 filings, Macros soaring:

Nasdaq 100 Dec 21 (NQ=F)​

CME Delayed Price. Currency in USD
16,079.00 +98.50 (+0.62%)
As of 5:28AM EST. Market open.

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Nov 11, 2021 05:34 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$1,111 +43.05 (+4.03%)
Pre-Market Volume245,964
Pre-Market High$1,119.73 (04:40:11 AM)
Pre-Market Low$1,088.11 (04:00:48 AM)

USYD-direct-air-capture-optimised.jpg

OK, so the carbon capture involves lots of chicken hutches but they didn't explain how the chickens capture the carbon. Since they are Aussies, I'm guessing the carbon must end up in the bottom of the barbie after they roast the chickens?
We'll switch out the chickens for Emus...There's still a score to settle with them.

Link to the USYD article giving more detail on the procedure.

DeannaDAlessandro.com - Sydney Sustainable Carbon

Here's the blurb on how the process works - although the details seem limited.
In partnership with Australian renewables start-up Southern Green Gas (SGG), Sydney Sustainable Carbon has a bold vision: to sustainably source carbon dioxide from the atmosphere (rather than obtaining it from fossil fuel resources). The captured gas can either be compressed and stored (via geosequestration, leading to NET), or can be utilised (via Carbontech). Our DAC technology is based on Metal-Organic Frameworks (MOFs) for highly selective carbon dioxide removal from air. We are developing high volume continuous flow synthesis of these materials coupled with innovative 3D printing methods to produce ultra-high surface area DAC capture modules. SGG's modular system is fully powered by renewable solar energy and can sustainably scale to reach gigatonne carbon dioxide removal.