Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, the Lucid salesman didn't have a good opinion on selling 1,100 HP to just anyone. The laws don't seem to be changing as fast as the technology (no surprise). There probably should be a certification process in there somewhere - if anything, just to prevent them from being used as weapons.

Laws against too much power are for countries that haven’t landed people on the moon!
#livefreeordie
😎😁

just read this on another forum

I have an associate that works at the Giga texas. According to him they are planning an opening event in the next 3 weeks.Elon and workers. Have no intention to invite the president of the United States for the opening.
Careful...Mods have made it clear where all speculation and rumors about 12/9 belong.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Big Time
Hope you're not referring to the "200mph" part.....
Looking forward to Speed 3...
91lkTOVhksS._RI_.jpg

Cool as I thought it was this.

but that did not seem to fit!

OT

Back in the late '90s I worked IT for an Aviation consultant who specialized in A/C imports. As it happened, he got a contract to import a few dozen ATR 42-500s from their factory near Naples, Italy home to Canada via Rome. All the paperwork had to be complete before import occurred, so he flew ferry flights across the Atlantic with the new planes over about a 6 mth period.

Turns out, the ATR has a very spacious and well concealed smuggler's bay underneath the floorboards near the front door and galley. Large enough so he could *repatriate* two cases of Limoncello hooch on each flight home.

Damn, that was some good duty free... :D

Cheers!

Finally! Of all the people I know, the first one has ordered an electric car. It's been 3 years since I got my first EV and I've been waiting to see who would be the next.
And get this, he has had his own garage for 40 years, getting oily and greasy repairing those engines that cars used to have.
This is his first car purchase since retiring and it's electric. It surprised me.
Oh sorry, almost forgot to mention, it's a Tesla Model 3 :)

(I might be able to take some credit for his decision)

I have an associate that works at the Giga texas. According to him they are planning an opening event in the next 3 weeks.Elon and workers. Have no intention to invite the president of the United States for the opening.
Seems petty and short sighted not to invite him. An invitation brings attention to the event and puts him on defensive if nothing positive is said or mentioned. Should he come or comment it is positive PR and can lead to even more momentum. Any good leader knows how to rise above and take gains from an opportunity and there is nothing but considerable upside when you control the narrative. An invitation is a positive narrative for Tesla to control.

Let the pom poms start waiving:)

Last edited:
Seems petty and short sighted not to invite him. An invitation brings attention to the event and puts him on defensive if nothing positive is said or mentioned. Should he come or comment it is positive PR and can lead to even more momentum. Any good leader knows how to rise above and take gains from an opportunity and there is nothing but considerable upside when you control the narrative. An invitation is a positive narrative for Tesla to control.
He wouldn’t come, even if invited.
1) A trip to Texas has no political gain
2) It would upset the UAW
3) It would upset Michigan political allies

But there won’t be an invite. Tesla has been snubbed and dissed. Musk has let his feelings be known on Twitter.

He wouldn’t come, even if invited.
1) A trip to Texas has no political gain
2) It would upset the UAW
3) It would upset Michigan political allies

But there won’t be an invite. Tesla has been snubbed and dissed. Musk has let his feelings be known on Twitter.
I agree he would turn it down. But he should be invited.

Mod: we are trialling a rule that says no mention of politicians by name or position. These three posts violate that rule, but at this point all that needs to be said has been said. No more replies on this subject. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
Anecdotal datapoint on the Model Y backlog: I ordered a MY LR 7-seater back in August with an expected delivery date around December. The date slipped to March 2022, and then last month slipped again to May 2022. I just checked and the date has moved back up to Jan 14th- Feb ‘22. Hopefully this is due to good news on the chip shortages being solved or Giga Austin is ready to ramp soon. Or both.

Ferrari will no doubt sell some number of these $2.6 million dollar cars. Imagine the opportunity cost when compared to buying shares of Tesla…

Or buying twenty Plaid Model S.

An interesting and, rather surprising that it exists. article about ceding control of cobalt to China in Congo. They did a remarkable amount of work to put this together and reminds me that we do need these institutions. As usual, there is little indication that people are aware of what's going on with the achievements of Tesla but that's a side issue.

They reference the iron chemistry so they aren't clueless about it. I'm not 100% clear if the path to cobalt-free exists yet but anyway here's the article.

I agree he would turn it down. But he should be invited.

Mod: we are trialling a rule that says no mention of politicians by name or position. These three posts violate that rule, but at this point all that needs to be said has been said. No more replies on this subject. --ggr
He won’t come, but we have a story to tell. Can’t see the downside to sending out an invite!

My theory that 12/9 is actually the date they announce the new factories are open may well prove to be the correct one.

I have been chatting with a friend of mine about Tesla, and he's started buying the stock, becoming more and more bullish

He also happens to have not the best vision; so he very much is looking forward to FSD.

I told him about TMC; and because of his vision it is tough for him to read.

I'm wondering if there is an App that will dictate posts ?, so that he could "listen" / audiobook the thread ?

Thanks in advance!
Oh, Oh, Oh. Excellent idea. Autobook this TMC thread. Can I get the voice of Arnold Horshack of Mr. Kotter fame.
Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 4.45.51 PM.png

Years from now I could see this TMC thread being made into a full motion picture. @Curt Renz can play himself. Ryan Reynolds can play @The Accountant. Tom Hanks can play @AudubonB.

Last edited: