Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Berlin withdraws application for 1.1B Euro Battery funding.

I've no idea why, yet. The 1.1B Euro state/EU funding was almost a done deal. Maybe Tesla is more agile without it.

Edit: Tesla will still build the battery production and recycling facility in Grünheide/Berlin. There are hints in German news that 2000 employees will work just there.
As always, other news channels headline

Tesla forced to turn down €1.1bn in EU support for German battery plant​

Tesla has been forced to turn down more than €1.1bn in European subsidies for its planned battery plant near Berlin after delays to the flagship project breached a key condition of the funding.

They found the reason in this Press corner EU paper. The "background" section is talking about "The IPCEI rules support investments for R&D&I and first industrial deployment on condition that the projects receiving this funding are highly innovative and do not cover mass production or commercial activities." The author believes that TESLA do not fit to that condition because they will do nothing new in Europe.

So now, when Mr Market acts up, I tell my car to take me somewhere. Seriously, FSD 10.5 is that good. Not ready wide use as it seems to be trying to figure out a few new line markings around Az, but it always seems to correct on the spot and only a matter of time now. Sometimes it's correcting mid right-turn realizing it's a bit close to the curb - very human like. No FSD wheel scrapes yet (to compliment my existing little niks).

That tweet yesterday animating the differences in Beta 10.5 likely made all the difference. Makes me wonder, how did FSD work with nearby object disappearing in the first place? Maybe I misunderstood the post. Seems like a good time to test Beta since that upgrade. I might have to strap on my camera and post some drives locally in Chandler... the home of Waymo. They need to know we're here.

I realize that FSD can easily go OT, so I'll try to curb my enthusiasm here and stick to key points occasionally as it might affect changing value, if not just to validate changes with an honest opinion. Speaking of stock, besides FSD sales or subscription revenue, have the analysts baked in rideshare or licenses to other companies yet? I'm thinking not yet bc recent estimates are less than $5,000 a share still - I am seriously not worried about TSLA long run.
agree on 10.5. Yesterday’s drive was wonderful. Have 5 in my M3. None of us know the difference that I was not driving

I don't know how you have concluded that. Atom is like a 10w processor with like a 3watt idle power because it's for ultra thins, tablets, and cell phones. Amd embedded processor is 45watt at max power, and the gpu is like 175watt at max power. At idle the gpu sips power while amd is also sipping power, but they are not sipping power at 3watts like the atom, and most likely not even idling at 10watts, but 30 wattish combined. I gave what the min and max are, and they will use whatever power management sees fit in between.

You are really misinformed... You don't even know MOD: First, use more than a small amount of graciousness if you want to remain able to participate in this forum, and second, CUT THE FOUL LANGUAGE NOW AND FOR EVER a SOC is. It has the gpu on die and the gpu does not max out at 175w, facepalm. The whole SOC is limited by its designed TDP. The AMD SOC is so stupidly superior to the Intel Atom setup, making this out to be some BS negative is downright misinformation. The Zen architecture is highly scalable in regards to TDP. And where have the specs been published for you to make up these numbers with?

Interesting notes for those interested.

Why did Tesla drop Nvidia?

Guess who was brought into help design lead the Neural Network?

Makes sense that they'd eventually switch to AMD doesn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
As always, other news channels headline

Tesla forced to turn down €1.1bn in EU support for German battery plant​

Tesla has been forced to turn down more than €1.1bn in European subsidies for its planned battery plant near Berlin after delays to the flagship project breached a key condition of the funding.

They found the reason in this Press corner EU paper. The "background" section is talking about "The IPCEI rules support investments for R&D&I and first industrial deployment on condition that the projects receiving this funding are highly innovative and do not cover mass production or commercial activities." The author believes that TESLA do not fit to that condition because they will do nothing new in Europe.
New innovations as in:
Germany Uses Converted Tesla Model Y To Showcase 'Green Hydrogen' ;)

You are really misinformed... You don't even know Moderator's hammer-down lines extracted a SOC is. It has the gpu on die and the gpu does not max out at 175w, facepalm. The whole SOC is limited by its designed TDP. The AMD SOC is so stupidly superior to the Intel Atom setup, making this out to be some BS negative is downright misinformation. The Zen architecture is highly scalable in regards to TDP. And where have the specs been published for you to make up these numbers with?

Interesting notes for those interested.

Why did Tesla drop Nvidia?

Guess who was brought into help design lead the Neural Network?

Makes sense that they'd eventually switch to AMD doesn't it?
The tear down of the MUC from the refresh has the gpu as a separate unit from the cpu die so its not a Playstation like soc design. And no one is saying the atom is superior or even close. Did you not see my posted benchmarks? Atom is a low power processor always aimed for low power devices while the new amd stuff is desktop grade. I have no idea why you are getting worked up with me stating facts. You do understand if the amd stuff is 70x more powerful but uses 12-15x more power, thats an increase in performance per watt based on simple math. Please read and comprehend my posting before slanding and spreading false information.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is not a story about why Tesla withdrew its request for the government subsidy.
There is a reason why Tesla does not qualify, but without any facts there is no "news" story.
lol. Since I got 2 thumbs down and no thumbs up i feel a little clarification would help...
If Tesla is building the battery plant faster than the Slow, pathetic German Government can pull its head out of its Arsch then Tesla does not qualify.
EDIT: Now that I read the post above about "new tech" I guess it might be that. But then most of the Battery subsidy will be wasted on crap.

TSLA holds up well against the macro sell off all day until the last 30 mins and it tanks 😂. Once again, TSLA seems to get little to no help from MM’s on weeks where they should have incentive to keep it above 1,100. Max pain is 1,095, but there’s a put wall at 1,100 which you would think gives clear incentive to close at 1,101 which should be very easy for MM’s to do considering the low volume

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
lol. Since I got 2 thumbs down and no thumbs up i feel a little clarification would help...
If Tesla is building the battery plant faster than the Slow, pathetic German Government can pull its head out of its Arsch then Tesla does not qualify.
EDIT: Now that I read the post above about "new tech" I guess it might be that. But then most of the Battery subsidy will be wasted on crap.
Perhaps a new Hybrid-Hydrogen-Cell? Sorry, for OT.
TSLA is in good condition today. Looks like the MM hit MaxPain without any effort.

The tear down of the MUC from the refresh has the gpu as a separate unit from the cpu die so its not a Playstation like soc design. And no one is saying the atom is superior or even close. Did you not see my posted benchmarks? Atom is a low power processor always aimed for low power devices while the new amd stuff is desktop grade. I have no idea why you are getting worked up with me stating facts. You do understand if the amd stuff is 70x more powerful but uses 12-15x more power, thats an increase in performance per watt based on simple math. Please read and comprehend my posting before slanding and spreading false information.

Actually... there's two gpus. One is in the APU soc and a discrete for witcher gaming etc. Whatever the case they will wrap it all up into whatever package they need. I don't think you need to worry about it Sherlock.

“So we actually have an AMD Ryzen APU powering the infotainment system in both cars as well as a discrete RDNA2-based GPU that kicks in when running AAA games, providing up to 10 teraflops of compute power.... we look forward to giving gamers a great platform for AAA gaming,” says AMD CEO Lisa Su.

TSLA holds up well against the macro sell off all day until the last 30 mins and it tanks 😂. Once again, TSLA seems to get little to no help from MM’s on weeks where they should have incentive to keep it above 1,100. Max pain is 1,095, but there’s a put wall at 1,100 which you would think gives clear incentive to close at 1,101 which should be very easy for MM’s to do considering the low volume
Holding up indeed, Travel complex took the big hit (although I was a buyer there as I indicated last week).. for TSLA at this point and global virus issues, I’d be more concerned with increased Germany public and manufacturing slow down or shut downs. That wouldn’t play too well for TSLA or any of the European auto majors.

LEDs don't run off the 12v power supply. They're closer to 4v, so there's a dc-dc converter powering those lights.

Don't expect any difference simply due to a 16v bus; the brightness of the dash lights is a separate issue.
761.gif

As always, follow the money.

CNET is NOT independent...it is owned by CBS.

CBS gets a lot of ad money from automakers.....but 0 from Tesla.
Don't worry, right below this review was one for a Jaguar I-Pace. 8.0 (vs 6.7 for the Model Y). And they thought the aging Jag infotainment was better than Tesla's lol!

Holding up indeed, Travel complex took the big hit (although I was a buyer there as I indicated last week).. for TSLA at this point and global virus issues, I’d be more concerned with increased Germany public and manufacturing slow down or shut downs. That wouldn’t play too well for TSLA or any of the European auto majors.
Good thing Tesla isn’t relying on anything/one in Germany right now.

Don't worry, right below this review was one for a Jaguar I-Pace. 8.0 (vs 6.7 for the Model Y). And they thought the aging Jag infotainment was better than Tesla's lol!
Was it really an ad that we all saw (6.7 Model Y rating), or part of the article itself made to look like an ad with a crazy low MSRP as if it's losing value. The whole post was BS including he "ads." Since when do we all get the same ads?