Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 18E442CC-9D17-4EFB-BAEC-1E20B6791CEC.jpeg
    18E442CC-9D17-4EFB-BAEC-1E20B6791CEC.jpeg
    765.9 KB · Views: 97
I think Tesla assumed competition would come. That they have been surprised by the lack of competition coupled with an 'awakening' for EVs, their 50-70% yoy growth isnt seemingly enough

Screw that crap, where the heck are the jackwads that are holding up fixing this transition to sustainable transportation and energy?

Get rid of ‘em all!!!

Reactions: MikkoJ and PlaidCPA
I just realized why I have been so depressed today./s

Elon you better have been lying to me last night.

Somebody better ride around without a head. or a rabbitt give me eggs, or a different rodent sees it shadow, or a reindeer poop on my roof. or an old fat drunk give me some coal...
But something better be happening on 12/9

I just realized why I have been so depressed today./s

Elon you better have been lying to me last night.

Somebody better ride around without a head. or a rabbitt give me eggs, or a different rodent sees it shadow, or a reindeer poop on my roof. or an old fat drunk give me some coal...
But something better be happening on 12/9
There are people who are going to lose a bunch of money if nothing happens on 12/9.

I must admit I will lose a small amount of money myself.

Though not so much personally as I’ve made in the past few weeks.

Reactions: lafrisbee
The climate of the planet is bad enough already, not willing to gamble it further. Would rather overcorrect.

I also get annoyed by the analogies of debt and deficit with companies profits and peoples home finances. Governments aren't supposed to be profitable. Business often start off with years of losses (ahem Tesla). People have massive debts even people with good net worth. My wife and I have a deficit of about $1.5 million in 2021 and our debt went up to $2M, yet somehow our Net Worth increased by $3 million. How could that be?
I'd have to guess that you too utilize margin for major TSLA purchases . . . .

Last edited:
Sad thing is the US government could ask Tesla to help GM and Ford, and they would.

Tesla was working with Toyota and Mercedes in the past, and they quit.
I was actually privy to some of the Mercedes work long ago. All I can say is that it was very tough to convince them to move forward with EVs from a place of deep fear. They had S class prototypes long ago but none of the management had even rode in one. Toyota needs no EV help, that was a compliance NUMI back scratching event for both parties.

With a nice win today, they snapped a 4 game losing streak. Hopefully this puts them back on the right path as we head towards the end of the season. This is the 31st consecutive session closing above 1000. In the past 10, volatility has been almost double the season average.

Today
Score:1,051.75
Margin of W/L:42.74
Attendance:18,521,704
High - Low:30.86
Season
Record:128-107
Total margin of wins:2,398.01
Total margin of losses:-2,051.93
YTD gain/loss:346.0849.0%
Price/52 week high84.6%
Best Win:115.18Oct 25
Worst Loss:-139.44Nov 9
Last 10:4-6
Streak:W1
Avg margin of victory:18.73
Avg margin of defeat:-19.18
Avg Attendance:32,511,270
Avg Attendance of Last 10:25,478,196
Avg High - Low:33.48
Avg H - L of Last 10:63.96

I was actually privy to some of the Mercedes work long ago. All I can say is that it was very tough to convince them to move forward with EVs from a place of deep fear. They had S class prototypes long ago but none of the management had even rode in one. Toyota needs no EV help, that was a compliance NUMI back scratching event for both parties.

Its a shame companies like Mercedes on the 2010's didnt see this coming and jump on board with both feet, completely resting on the cost of entry barrier rather than progress.

$25k Tesla. Take my old 1989 Dodge Colt (mitsubishi mirage), slap some cameras and an eeelectric engine in itTadah!
This is all a person really needs. It was more than good enough for 11 years.
By IFCAR - Own work, Public Domain, File:Dodge-Colt-hatchback.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
Translated:

EV Hot Hatch with under 200mile range for 25K up to 30K for the Performance version.

Reactions: lafrisbee
Its a shame companies like Mercedes on the 2010's didnt see this coming and jump on board with both feet, completely resting on the cost of entry barrier rather than progress.
Most majors saw (and some still see) Hydrogen as being the actual ”future” for alternative non ICE vehicles, passenger and commercial. So historicall, their investments were more in those areas, R&D and partnerships through about five years ago. It’s become clear, that BEV or PHEV is if not the overall FUTURE, the transitionary step in what will be a 25 year transition, at least for passenger vehicles.. commercial should move faster to AN alternative, than passenger.

Reactions: GOVA and goinfraftw
On that line of thought, anyone ever think that this web-based ordering -> delivery model with the "machine-that-builds-the-machine" is going to result in a full end-to-end fully customized vehicle/robotics automation product/platform?

Reactions: Mike Ambler