Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm buying calls if he's there...
A few of his recent tweets have the smell of smoothing things over after saying “I don't mean to endorse everything China does..." which, as we all know, was a very reasonable thing to say. However people saying "reasonable" things about China often end up with a video of them praising China in perfect mandarin.

...but yeah...I'm eyeing the jet tracker and call prices as well. lol

3 more weeks till P&D. Let's go!!
265948223_647360109974456_426526504849422970_n.jpg

Yeah, I simplified that scale because going into greater depth isn’t necessary to get the point. Tesla isn’t some sweatshop where workers are treated like cattle. Therefore a union has nothing to offer the employees. Zip, zero, nadda.

Just wait. The day is coming when Elon will announce that Tesla Bots are replacing 1/2 of his factory workers.

The factory workers (who kept their stock) will be very very rich.

A few of his recent tweets have the smell of smoothing things over after saying “I don't mean to endorse everything China does..." which, as we all know, was a very reasonable thing to say. However people saying "reasonable" things about China often end up with a video of them praising China in perfect mandarin.

...but yeah...I'm eyeing the jet tracker and call prices as well. lol
So I'm clear, is this the calculus?

Elon flies to China = M2 Reveal (bc he's never missed one yet)
Elon doesn't fly to China = No reveal, something else.

With Corana Quarantine in place for all over China, I doubt anyone who not really needs to is travelling to China right now.
And so the mystery continues. Ya gotta love this game. I don't think Elon would forfeit travel on covid concerns.
So I think he flies, but if he doesn't I'm not changing investment plans. If he does... again, nothing.
Even if we're all wrong on China announcements, Q4 in general will pick up the slack in no time!
Plugs ears, jumps in the pool. Splish Splash, I'm not taking a bath.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Too much BULL about Job and Musk so I stopped looking to see if anyone replied to this.

Union members in strong Union places like myself recognize this as "Prevailing Wage". I do not see certain member of Congress agreeing with prevailing wage or similar terms but one can hope. Prevailing wage means all workers in that field who work in the same county, in this case autoworkers, make whatever the majority are getting paid in that county. So in Missouri if a company bids on a government job in St. Louis they have to use the prevailing wage in St. Louis. If they bid on a government job in Jefferson City they also pay the prevailing wage but it is less in that county. In prevailing wage states if the Union work % becomes less than the non-union, Union members would get paid what the non-union makes in that area on government contracts. It is supposed to keep workers at a living wages for the area. An example for prevailing wage is when a Texas company got a job in St Louis to expand a government facility in the 90s. They bused up a bunch of green card workers from Texas. To that companies surprise they had to pay all those green card workers the St Louis prevailing wage. That company did not bid work in St. Louis again. That company was hoping to pay the workers FAR less than a living wage for St. Louis. Even if the non-union was the prevailing wage that company would have had to pay far more than they were wanting. They wanted to pay almost half of what the least paid working in St. Louis made at the time. I will not get into the weeds of how I know this.

In this case it sounds like they want to do a similar process for handing out the additional credit. I think it is a noble concept. Cars made by workers who are getting paid the autoworkers prevailing wage of that state/county get the extra credit. I am hoping that is the terms they are working on. IMO the catch is it has to be based on the wage of the county because a living wage changes drastically per county even in the same states. BUT I would be happy with it at least based on the states prevailing wage. I am sure the UAW would hate that provision tho but maybe not. It would mean non-union Toyota building EVs in the country of a Louisiana county where no over carmakers work would make far less than Detroit because the cost living is so much less but it would still get the credit. We shall see I guess. IF Tesla pays more than the other car makers in CA then Tesla would get the extra credit and the other car makers would not.

Tesla Energy. Here we come.

"Lily D’Ambrosio, Australia’s Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change, said in a tweet on Wednesday in Australia, “The Victorian Big Battery is here. It’s the biggest battery in the southern hemisphere (able to power more than 650,000 homes for an hour) safeguarding our energy supply through hot days, driving down electricity prices and supporting our massive renewable energy build. Victoria, you should be proud.”"

"(Tesla) said in its financial filing for that period:

“We continue to increase the production of our energy storage products to meet high levels of demand, including beginning construction of our Megafactory in Lathrop, California, but such production is also sensitive to global component constraints. For Megapack, energy storage deployments can vary meaningfully quarter to quarter depending on the timing of specific project milestones.”

The Victorian Big Battery should bring in revenue for that division now that it is switched on."
I was wondering about that are we certain revenue is realized with the energy products are installed and ready to work.

Reactions: Nocturnal
I was wondering about that are we certain revenue is realized with the energy products are installed and ready to work.
Wouldn't surprise me as some key things with our solar install hinged on the turn on date. The Fed tax incentive is based on this date so we got anxious hoping it would produce by year end.

Reactions: UltradoomY
Wouldn't surprise me as some key things with our solar install hinged on the turn on date. The Fed tax incentive is based on this date so we got anxious hoping it would produce by year end.
When we did ours we insisted we paid for the whole thing in December 2017 because Trump was trying to get rid of the Solar System tax credit. We didnt get to turn on until mid January, but wanted an invoice showing paid in full in 2017. Trump was blocked, but the slow cut down in percent did get passed.

When Elon lights the candle, astronauts go into orbit. Feeling pretty good about Pierre Farragu's new $1580 tsla projection. Should be good tomorrow.
Well it is tomorrow, and at least for now, it’s not headed that way, but the day is young. Amongst other things I’ve learned from intensely following this stock and reading this forum, is it’s fruitless to try and predict the short term price. HODL. And buy more when funds are available. I sleep a lot better this way.