Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt they will need to deliver 700K cars on ships next year. This is the approximate total capacity of Shanghai.

For $422M I hope it is a multi year contract the price seems high for 1 year of cars.

That sounds like a bargain for shipping to Europe via the Suez Canal. If Giga Shanghai production is 844K next year, and half of those cars are shipped to Europe, that's 422K exports at a cost of $1K per each car shipped.

But there are two other important implications of this news:
  1. Tesla has locked in logistics support for the coming year at a time when it is extremely challenging for logistics, and
  2. Tesla has production planning for at least 1 year in advance; likely that Giga Shanghai production exceeds 800K in 2022.
That 800K by Giga Shanghai could represent half of Tesla's 2022 annual production. And then we have the Apr 2022 production increase rumor based on new construction in the SW near the Giga Shanghai electrical substation.

It's going to be a very happy and productive New Year! ;)

Cheers!

You can customize/tweak the light show for your own amusement. I think this kind of fun and creativity builds customer loyalty and definitely makes Tesla stand apart from other auto manufacturers. While most cars have to be taken in for service for a simple software upgrade, Tesla is now letting you modify the software yourself.

Now, if the auto wipers will finally recognize light precipitation with a zero contrast background, then I’ll be impressed with a light show.

• Funny
Reactions: T@oo and wooter
Seriously, customizing Teslas through things like light shows will drive significant demand. Kids nagging parents for a car that they can program when they see their friends doing it will be a thing.

I don't even have kids, and I'm considering upgrading to a new X. I need to uphold my reputation for being the "coolest uncle"!

Musk solves world’s decaying population by having people buy Teslas, then wanting kids just to impress them.

Genius.

I can't make up my mind on this. I bought 160 shares on margin in May with the grand plan that it would pay for my Model Y. Plan came together and I have enough to pay for the car, taxes and capital gains plus some shares left over. Since I don't like making payments it would be easy to just cash out the shares and pay cash. On the other hand, I'm greedy and like to hoard shares so I'm tempted to pay off the margin and make the monthly payments. I've never made a car payment in my life so it's kind of an adjustment.
If it's any help, I was in a similar position, so I'll tell you how it panned out for me.
When I first invested in Tesla it was with the objective of making enough profit to fund the difference between the part-ex on my car at the time, and a new Model 3, once they were available in the UK. At the time I though that was a pretty risky bet. In the event, the gain on the shares happened very quickly, so I just had to wait for Tesla to make the Model 3 available here. During that time I discovered this forum, which gave me the conviction to stick with the shares and fund the purchase of the car from elsewhere, which I did. Over the years I bought many more shares, in small packets. In fact I have made over 70 individual purchases of Tesla shares, often selling other investments to fund them.
Fast forward to today, and I have made enough profit on the shares to be able to buy several dozen Model 3's outright. You might say it was a good decision to stick with the shares. :) I can barely believe it myself.
Looking forward I believe the Tesla story has barely begun and think the future is going to be just as profitable as the past.

We just returned from the Ski Park in our Model X(passing the slow GMCs and RAMs like they were stuck in the snow) and a Range Rover needed to be towed. I also saw the gas prices around $5.20/gal and we got free supercharging this am so thanks so much Elon. Feeling safe in comfort with heated seats and great music. Next a Jacuzzi to ease our X country ski muscles.
Merry Christmas and Happy 2022.

As one who had driven Teslas exclusively since 2013…. I just don’t understand why they had to change everything. The interface was good and most importantly, familiar.
My first reaction was the same as it is every time my regular grocery store decides to rearrange the shelves:

For the first 82 visits, every time the cashier asks me if I found everything I was looking for I proceed to dramatize my experience like it was the most traumatic experience of my entire life; ‘No! God damn it, I did not find everything I was looking for and now I’m exhausted and late for my colonoscopy and it was just horrible how dare you move things around it won’t make me buy cake instead of kale I was going to do that anyway you evil, spiteful monsters!’
Then, I get used to going to the jam aisle for the toothpicks instead of the pickle aisle and life is good again until they move the toothpicks again.

I spent 30 minutes today in my garage listening to Chris Connell and familiarizing myself with the new UI. Once I found the toothpicks, I was good.

There's some possibility the economy will crash and take TSLA down with it, and also people's jobs. You would still have the loan. I'm not predicting this, but it's a realistic possibility.
A sobering reminder of a very real possibility, one very much worth factoring into our investment, trading, and quality of life planning.

My first reaction was the same as it is every time my regular grocery store decides to rearrange the shelves:

For the first 82 visits, every time the cashier asks me if I found everything I was looking for I proceed to dramatize my experience like it was the most traumatic experience of my entire life; ‘No! God damn it, I did not find everything I was looking for and now I’m exhausted and late for my colonoscopy and it was just horrible how dare you move things around it won’t make me buy cake instead of kale I was going to do that anyway you evil, spiteful monsters!’
Then, I get used to going to the jam aisle for the toothpicks instead of the pickle aisle and life is good again until they move the toothpicks again.

I spent 30 minutes today in my garage listening to Chris Connell and familiarizing myself with the new UI. Once I found the toothpicks, I was good.
Maybe Tesla has the same reason the grocery stores have for moving things around? They know that customers start skipping parts of the store (or in Teslas case functions) because they learn that in aisle 5 there is nothing they normally need. So they start skipping that aisle. The store lose sales because if every customer actually went through all the aisles they would now and then find something they needed in aisle 5.

This is why all grocery stores, and many other stores, move stuff around all the time and often do a serious makeover every few years. To make you go through all the aisles.

Maybe Tesla want everyone to change some behavior and discover new functions by changing the interface.

Or maybe Elon is just being mean.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays my fellow TMCers! We have much for which to be grateful. Maybe we can all pledge one share of TSLA to a favorite charity and watch it grow through 2022 and then donate the proceeds.🙏 FFDE2C9C-C1D2-494A-B275-3BA1464DF819.gif

I cant see them introducing anything other than LFP for an entry car, the Chinese standard Y is LFP
as I already said your reference was to the 2022 listing on the EPA website, which is identical to the 2021 listing on the same website. So

1. It isn't different
2. it isn't new

They can't introduce something new, when it matches the stats of the old one and is thus a reintroduction

Sure, I do beleive they'll eventually make an LFP version and I'm looking forward to that. I'm hoping to buy one at a cheaper price.

But your logic from the posts I quoted previously is that because they posted a 2022 model it would be LFP, and that 2022 has stats that don't support that.

Same range as last time, what makes you think LFP?

View attachment 747599

c6ac43e3e797bacbe92229c68d3c64256e2935eb445981f2aefc8fdb779ea373.png

The light show was a blast. I told my family that Tesla sent us a gift. It was so amazing to see everyone's face light up. Sooo amazing. The next couple of days will be mindblowing for so many. I'm one of those.
My wife videoed it doing its thing in front of our decorated house. She sent that out as our video Christmas "cards" for the year.

Easyly the worst UI update Tesla ever made. Not talking about aesthetic which are always debatable. But when 90% of functions i use daily are two or even three touches now instead of one, something went horrible wrong on the way….
Is that still an issue after doing this (the drag and drop one not the light show)?