Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Easyly the worst UI update Tesla ever made. Not talking about aesthetic which are always debatable. But when 90% of functions i use daily are two or even three touches now instead of one, something went horrible wrong on the way….
I kind of agree. You no longer know who's profile is active without hitting the button on the bottom left. You can no longer just turn hot seats on and off without opening the climate page, and I can't seem to drag those controls back to the tool bar on the bottom. The nice thing is that if enough people complain, they will add those buttons back.

Just remember that is NOT an island. However, I do have a couple islands for sale, not too late for a 2021 buy. And, they're cheap, but not Tesla accessible.:cool:
You’re STILL flogging islands?
Sheesh, I thought you had upscaled to selling psychotropics, or at least to slightly used cats.

Can I ask a question for any of you with Semi-truck manufacturing insight. It seems the Sparks site may now have a Semi manufacturing building per Tesla Semi electric truck is finally nearing production . That article suggests a rate of five per week by the end of the year (2021), so say 50 per quarter in early 2022. The job adverts seems to match that Tesla Semi job openings posted for Gigafactory Nevada as do the various client announcements such as the Pepsi one re taking first possession this year (2021). This also matches well with the MegaChargers going in at Sparks Two Tesla Semi Megachargers are now live at Giga Nevada: report . And of course the video of one outside this new facility

That building seems to have approximately 40-50 loading bays along one side. I estimate it is about 100m x 300m = 30,000m2, i.e. 322,000 sq ft.

**** ??? My question is what would the typical capacity of that building be in terms of building Semis per year (assuming battery supply is as assembled packs coming from elsewhere) ???? ****

To put things in context I am pencilling in 20,000 Semis/yr in 2022, and that needs to rise to about 700,000/yr by 2030 to make an impact on global HGV consumption.
FYI this is an old video.

Rather than pay cash for my MYP, I decided to invest my money in TSLA. Average cost is right at $1000. I’m already up double the amount of interest I’m going to pay for my 2.49% loan on my car. Nice Christmas gift here.

I know gains aren’t really actual gains until I sell but I feel ok holding for a long while. Thanks for all the good guidance in here.

Happy holidays, all.
I did exactly the same thing. Got a loan from Schwab (Pledged Asset Line at 1.9) to pay for my YLR and used my own cash to buy TSLA a little over a year ago. The total interest paid was a little more than $1400, and the appreciation of the lot is worth more than a Y. 😀

Easyly the worst UI update Tesla ever made. Not talking about aesthetic which are always debatable. But when 90% of functions i use daily are two or even three touches now instead of one, something went horrible wrong on the way….
One feature I do like … Homelink only pops up when you’re approaching home, and displays all Homelink options (e.g., garage, gate, etc). Fewer taps in this case, for me.

I kind of agree. You no longer know who's profile is active without hitting the button on the bottom left.
I don’t love that, but I’ve noticed some divergence between profile capabilities between our March produced model Y and October produced model 3. Our model 3 automatically adjusts to my profile when I get in. Our Y does not. My wife primarily drives the Y, and it doesn’t automatically switch to her profile when she gets in. So for now, in our 3, it’s not a problem. But it’s annoying in the Y.

I haven’t noticed this automatic profile switching as an option in the menus, but maybe I’ve missed it.

• Informative
Reactions: BornToFly
Hoarding would have been a better word for me to use.

A few months ago we had trouble finding a particular chip that we couldn’t substitute with any alternatives. We asked around and found plenty of supply, but at 20x cost. We kept looking and a week or so later we found what we needed for ~1.5x cost, if I remember correctly.

As far as I can tell, there’s no reason this chip should have been in short supply. Feels like middlemen are hoarding to create artificial scarcity. At some point they’ll have to lower prices and the supply crunch will all be over.
It feels like that for all prices to me. IMO half of the inflation we're feeling is legitimate and justified, while half is greed from sources that just see the opportunity to "me too" . Won't know if I'm right until prices and inflation come back down a bit (which would help prove my hunch)...

Rather than pay cash for my MYP, I decided to invest my money in TSLA. Average cost is right at $1000. I’m already up double the amount of interest I’m going to pay for my 2.49% loan on my car. Nice Christmas gift here.

I know gains aren’t really actual gains until I sell but I feel ok holding for a long while. Thanks for all the good guidance in here.

I did the same with my Model Y LR, financed it rather than sell any shares. I'll sell one share every month or two over the five years to pay it off. I'm certain the shares will increase in value much faster than the 2% interest on the loan accumulates.

This is the way.

I usually don't like these kinds of major UI "improvements" either. But within a minute or two I had wrapped my head around it.
One very pleasant surprise was the addition of a HEATED STEERING WHEEL. o_O:eek:😍 How'd they do that with an over the air update???🧐

I did the same with my Model Y LR, financed it rather than sell any shares. I'll sell one share every month or two over the five years to pay it off. I'm certain the shares will increase in value much faster than the 2% interest on the loan accumulates.

This is the way.
Yep, Model Y purchased via a loan in September when the SP was around $750. Will easily make more than enough over the life of the loan to pay for itself.

Yep, Model Y purchased via a loan in September when the SP was around $750. Will easily make more than enough over the life of the loan to pay for itself.
There's some possibility the economy will crash and take TSLA down with it, and also people's jobs. You would still have the loan. I'm not predicting this, but it's a realistic possibility.

I doubt they will need to deliver 700K cars on ships next year. This is the approximate total capacity of Shanghai.

For $422M I hope it is a multi year contract the price seems high for 1 year of cars.
which is why I asked about it 24 hours ago. I was trying to be subtle. I figured as quick as people are willing to present facts when there is "some confusion" that one of the Car boat gurus would straighten out if the contract was for one year then how many cars would be made AND shipped in Shanghai.