Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll just say, do you know what is in the formula for coke? (coca-cola to be specific) or what spices actually make up the Colonels recipe? Some of these things are kept close to to the chest. Like the model I used in 2008 to get out in August 2008 (and most of my clients) and the model I used in 2009-2011 to market time every federal reserve and rate move (and make 15000% in the options market) Dont' expect these little nuggets to be revealed, most likely ever. The game has many layers, and if one doesn't see them all the opportunity is high to slip on ice.. The only thing I post here is NO, not now, or here is your target, or wait, let the price come to you, or here is where I will scale in, or NOW is the time to enter or exit, but that doesn't illuminate the model, calculation or observation being used - but it is indicative.

Buy or don't buy
Sell or don't sell
that is the question
Wait so what is your credibility here in real dollar returns? You wrote "this is how I got my model 3s". That's not a very impressive metric. I mean you have been at this for over a decade having a 90% correct rate at timing the market. Are we talking about 8 to 9 figures here or what?

so I put my Roth money in before the open today and made it a market order figuring there wouldn't be a dip today. So glad I didn't play it cute and make it a limit order.

1641245558976.png

Wait so what is your credibility here in real dollar returns? You wrote "this is how I got my model 3s". That's not a very impressive metric. I mean you have been at this for over a decade having a 90% correct rate at timing the market. Are we talking about 8 to 9 figures here or what?
Nobody is 90 percent right timing the market for a decade.

If we get over the $1210 level, I‘ll sell the whole position (500 shares) bought just before Xmas at $895. gotta stick with discipline.

I question whether you would recognize discipline if it slapped you in the face. Because discipline is not making a quick buck, and running, it's knowing when to stick with it until you have built something of lasting value.

Just TSLA, in pst four year, low 7 figures… overall market past ten yeaSr (I don’t know where you get 10 years from but I’ll play ) mid 2nd decile eight figures.

I question whether you would recognize discipline if it slapped you in the face. Because discipline is not making a quick buck, and running, it's knowing when to stick with it until you have built something of lasting value.
I don’t consider a quick buck, 150K in two weeks, but maybe we have different yardsticks. I guess I play in the bush leagues.

Last edited:
My Queen did the math
So if there are 200 trading sessions in a year, and each day is like today (13%), the SP will be
4.9530184e+13 at the end of the year
And for ants like me that is $49,530,184,000,000
Now she told me this is what I asked her today?
She can't add...but she computes pretty good.
That's $49.5 Trillion give or take a couple of hundred Mil.
If you own a share expect Pelosi to make you PUblic Enemy Number One.

My Queen did the math
So if there are 200 trading sessions in a year, and each day is like today (13%), the SP will be
4.9530184e+13 at the end of the year
And for ants like me that is $49,530,184,000,000
Now she told me this is what I asked her today?
She can't add...but she computes pretty good.
That's $49.5 Trillion give or take a couple of hundred Mil.
If you own a share expect Pelosi to make you PUblic Enemy Number One.
and kugerand will have to pick out a planet to go live on.

Music?

And, with that mega profit, the minor debt will be further reduced/evaporated? So, an (overdue) rating upgrade would be in order, right?
Not necessarily. It is difficult to have investment grade without having lots of debt, that grade is not funded from lack of debt. An upgrade still can happen but is slower in coming.

Bluntly, rating agencies make money only from rating financial assets. Issuers need to issue for them to make money.

Agree with your sentiment, but (1210 - 895)*500 = $157,500. What kind of car are you typically buying where that's a down payment? :D

Math is easy:

Short term capital gain rate of 37% x 157,500 leaves you with only $99,225. If you were divorced recently, half goes to the ex-wife, leaving $49,613 which is a nice down payment on that Roadster you've been eyeing. ;)

I'll just say, do you know what is in the formula for coke? (coca-cola to be specific) or what spices actually make up the Colonels recipe? Some of these things are kept close to to the chest. Like the model I used in 2008 to get out in August 2008 (and most of my clients) and the model I used in 2009-2011 to market time every federal reserve and rate move (and make 15000% in the options market) Dont' expect these little nuggets to be revealed, most likely ever. The game has many layers, and if one doesn't see them all the opportunity is high to slip on ice.. The only thing I post here is NO, not now, or here is your target, or wait, let the price come to you, or here is where I will scale in, or NOW is the time to enter or exit, but that doesn't illuminate the model, calculation or observation being used - but it is indicative.

Buy or don't buy
Sell or don't sell
that is the question

Eh, that was not very informative.

I simply buy stock in companies I have high conviction in and hold for the long term. It's worked for me for decades and in my experience "time in the market" beats "timing the market". You made it seem like you had a model to predict timing the market 90% of the time which would be truly unprecedented, so I was curious how it did such a thing.

Good luck to however you choose to make trades I guess.