Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why wouldn’t Tesla use the Grohmann machine packs for LR models as well?

Three main reasons I can see:
  • They need all the extra production capacity they can get. Factories are not like software, "rewriting" something isn't just more complex, but it's wasteful as well, plus it disrupts existing production. So things get built append-only, most of the time.
  • They'd want to prototype the SR machine before building one in China. China will only make SR packs initially - LR and P will be imported. (China market has much lower ASPs and the SR is much more important there.)
  • No one has seen and reported on the SR pack yet, but I think it's quite probable that there are significant enhancements in it. The SR pack is the first one where the fine engineers at Tesla Grohmann Germany had 100% control of the process: from pack design to assembly line implementation. I expect new accolades of respect from Sandy Munro once he gets to tear one down. :D Since the pack is so different it might not make sense to build LR packs on this line as well.

Last edited:
Sigh...

you are awesome at what you do. You should consider taking your talents to the marketplace and fighting the FUD outside this super small sandbox. Feel like we aren’t getting the max utility out of your amazing thoughts as it relates to combatting the nonsense

Well, that's the thing about TMC.

No one knows if @Fact Checking is already doing the above, by being Elon Musk - or the Norwegian minister for transportation - or a dog.(*)

(*) On the Internet no one knows you're a dog.

[Ron Perlman voice]

FUD.... FUD never changes

Required Fallout intro video is required.

No one knows if @Fact Checking is already doing the above, by being Elon Musk - or the Norwegian minister for transportation - or a dog.(*)

No one knows whether FC is actually Zac... I do recommend their channel and specifically the Tesla Time News shows a a pretty solid recap. 1.25x speed, though.

Reactions: ZachF
Actually the more leaf's the better right?
To me it's all about the mission SUSTAINABLE transportation.

We should celebrate that.
As a stock holder of course I want Tesla to succeed..... but I am also pulling for this little thing called Earth.

Totally agree.
Nissan did try harder than anyone else (other than Tesla), I hope the Leaf will continue to be a bestseller.

China related.

According to a joint statement released by government agencies led by the Ministry of Finance and the top economic planner - the National Development and Reform Commission on Tuesday, the subsidy for pure battery electric cars with a driving range of 400 kilometres and above will be cut by 50 per cent to 25,000 yuan per vehicle from 50,000 . . .

Source: China cut subsidies for electric vehicles to boost high-quality development - YUAN TALKS | 元傳媒

That will be a tough one for the shorts. On one hand it impacts TSLA sales there, on the other- there is no demand for TSLA cars to begin with.

Last push of quarter has started in the Netherlands.

Yesterday 163 deliveries.
https://opendata.rdw.nl/Voertuigen/Tesla-Model-3-delivery-NL/76t3-9ba8

On the dutch forum is a lot of activity for picking up cars and home deliveries.
Belgium is same story.

For Norway, the good ship "City of Amsterdam" has at its current speed exactly 24 hours of sailing before getting to Bergen, a delay of about 10 hours relative to its AIS reported ETA.

So some Norwegian deliveries from that shipment should still be possible within this quarter.

This site lists the capacity as "750 cars",
scheepvaartwest - City of Amsterdam - IMO 9174751

More praise for Tesla

Tesla Model 3 Performance im Test: Das Raumschiff ist gelandet
IMG_1213.jpg

Yesterday Tesla passed on an evidentiary hearing too.

Yep. Now the judge decides the next step, and on her watch.

While I highly expect a hearing, as the judge appears to be very deliberate and wanting to cover all her bases, I'm covering sold calls and puts as they drop in price this week rather than just waiting for them to expire as I normally would... just in case a ruling drops early.

Great article! I especially love this bit:

"Schiffsladung um Schiffsladung trifft auf dem Kontinent der deutschen Konkurrenz von Mercedes, BMW und Audi ein. Diese Hersteller will Tesla das Fürchten lehren."

Shipload around shipload arrives on the continent of German competitors Mercedes , BMW and Audi . Tesla will teach these manufacturers to know fear. :D

Also, the farting easter egg was a stroke of genius. I have seen so many reviews highlight it.

Y volumes will be higher that S+X (projected higher than 3), so in terms of total shipping, having Y in GF is more beneficial than S/X.
While 3 and Y share parts, their volumes are higher that one truck load, so the suppliers will just ship to the respective assembly points.
Plus, Tesla can possibly use the currently empty semis to haul Y parts to GF1 from Fremont/ Lathrop (assuming correct dunnage).

Fremont may also run into a finished goods shipping bottle neck with 3+Y volumes.
I had not thought of that, but you are right. They can barely get the current production out of Freemont as it is not a good area logistically. The middle of the desert at least doesn't have traffic congestion. Also, they could build a huge staging area at GF1 for cars waiting for trucks to ship.

Reactions: neroden
Well, that's the thing about TMC.

(*) On the Internet no one knows you're a dog.
Actually, one time he slipped and stated it was the next quarter when it was still the prior quarter, so there's a high chance he's a part of the Travelers program, which tries to save the Earth from an imminent doom. That easily explains why he doesn't know what day or year it is.
MV5BMjUzOTQwOTg1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzE4NzQ3NjM@._V1_.jpg

No super reliable up to date figures from Sweden yet but the site car.info reports new registrations of 1433 M3's in March. Numbers on that site might include pre-registrations done by Tesla. I'm not sure.

Best selling car in Sweden last month was VW Golf with 1720 sold. It doesn't take much for Model 3 to be best seller in March. I'm hopeful for this last week's push.

Initial reports from Sweden mentioned Tesla's problems with getting Model 3 delivered.
Is there some details about this development?
(if you can point to a Swedish source, I can recap it in English here).