Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, time to load up was years ago when Tesla was scaling production for the Model 3 that had a waiting list around the block and the stock hadn't broken out yet. Or many years prior to that by the many wise ones who invested and helped Tesla through a longterm trial by fire. Everything now is just short-term noise that will be barely visible on an ascending chart a year or two from now...

So… just like now when the stock price is suppressed & Tesla is scaling factories for the model Y and cybertruck that had a waiting list around the block.. right?

Once Austin & Germany consistently start production at full go, I am sure SP will catch up. Seems like It’s not a matter of if but when.

We would need to know the LCOE for Fusion, a rough optimistic guess would be about the same territory as nuclear fission, generator output profile the same.

Meantime the sun hasn't increased prices.

If there is a missing link anywhere in energy generation it is Wave energy and the designs are improving.

The balance of the problem is energy storage.

For Tesla energy the battery side should have strong demand even though batteries can't efficently solve seasonal variation.

Fission and Fusion are even more expensive if applied to seasonal variation.

I would like to see Tesla do more with solar, I would love a "solar day" similar to battery day. IMO there are opportunities to improve solar.
"
I would submit that “battery day” was a “solar day”.

General steam game support coming...he didn't say when, but still a big deal as it opens the door very wide for 3rd party games and apps (eventually). Steam is a big game distribution platform which makes money from developers using their APIs. I'd imagine Tesla getting a new revenue stream from this.

Wow, as a Steam gamer myself that would be all kinds of freaking amazing! 😮

Not a very flattering review of Kevin's Lucid. Not only is there a recall, but his car had a steering malfunction that required it to be towed to the service center. His car is 1 week old it seems.

Last edited:
I agree 100%. When I first heard the news of the selection of Berlin for a Giga, I thought, "really"? Why would Germany welcome Tesla with open arms, when there is little doubt that Tesla will demolish an industry that represents about 20-25% of it's GDP. I calmed down by telling myself that Elon knows more than I do and wouldn't walk into what may be a trap. We'll see.

I don't! In a lot of industries, companies with similar interest have a tendency to work physically close by. Think of silicon valley, car OEMs, Wallstreet, the luxury stores, etc. Talent and wealth of information is really hard to get and keep. By attracting Tesla, Germany is making sure it continues to be the pole of the European car industry. Maybe it is sacrificing a little or a lot (BMW), but in the long term the country is better with Tesla in Germany.

General steam game support coming...he didn't say when, but still a big deal as it opens the door very wide for 3rd party games and apps (eventually). Steam is a big game distribution platform which makes money from developers using their APIs. I'd imagine Tesla getting a new revenue stream from this.

I will use it NEVER. I don't do tfitter, but I wish they actually fixed terrible navigation UI during HWY drive, winshiled wipers 'auto' mode, and few more things. I am positive others have mentioned several more urgent fixes. Steam can wait, IMO.

I don't! In a lot of industries, companies with similar interest have a tendency to work physically close by. Think of silicon valley, car OEMs, Wallstreet, the luxury stores, etc. Talent and wealth of information is really hard to get and keep. By attracting Tesla, Germany is making sure it continues to be the pole of the European car industry. Maybe it is sacrificing a little or a lot (BMW), but in the long term the country is better with Tesla in Germany.
Yes. Tesla becomes German once they start producing in Germany, and Germany is a great place to make an auto plant. It’s a win-win for the US and Germany.

For the same reasons states in the US fight to support the foreign auto plants in the US.

I will use it NEVER. I don't do tfitter, but I wish they actually fixed terrible navigation UI during HWY drive, winshiled wipers 'auto' mode, and few more things. I am positive others have mentioned several more urgent fixes. Steam can wait, IMO.
Vastly different engineering disciplines...this is my professional opinion.

This is a huge step for Tesla as it is a play for the future of transportation when the computer is the driver and the passengers are wanting to game and have budget to spend on it.

This demonstrates how bullish Elon is for solving FSD.

All good points. But, if BMW goes under, it won't be because a Tesla factory located in the same country, it'll be because there's a Tesla factory in the same world. :p

I read that once a support level is breached during trading day, for TA traders it doesn’t hold anymore. Correct me if I am wrong and it varies from TA traders to another but I thought it was the intraday breach which was critical.
It's the closing that's critical. However we have seen AH also follows TA somewhat. I remember after Tesla got snubbed from S&P, a few days later the fibonacci retracement level of 38.2% was hit in AH and right when that happened, we saw Tesla started climbing AH and continued the next day as a solid reversal.

It's the closing that's critical. However we have seen AH also follows TA somewhat. I remember after Tesla got snubbed from S&P, a few days later the fibonacci retracement level of 38.2% was hit in AH and right when that happened, we saw Tesla started climbing AH and continued the next day as a solid reversal.

Oh ok thanks for the info. You are making me bullish again. Let’s see if we have a follow through tomorrow.

Reactions: traxila

Bit odd they only (from my reading of a teardown) put a 256GB drive in the new Ryzen computer then... the largest of games won't fit on that, and there's a good dozen or so more you couldn't fit 2 of in that space. AAA PC games are getting stupidly large anymore, and SSD storage is pretty cheap.... like going from a 256 to a 1TB drive costs less than one new video game does, even at retail prices.... though I suppose chip shortages might've forced the 256gb choice on them for now.

Bit odd they only (from my reading of a teardown) put a 256GB drive in the new Ryzen computer then... the largest of games won't fit on that, and there's a good dozen or so more you couldn't fit 2 of in that space. AAA PC games are getting stupidly large anymore, and SSD storage is pretty cheap.... like going from a 256 to a 1TB drive costs less than one new video game does, even at retail prices.... though I suppose chip shortages might've forced the 256gb choice on them for now.
Pretty sure you can run the games off an external SSD hooked up via usb drive so I probably wouldn't worry about storage.