Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol at the three levels being subjectively labeled good, better, and best. so the worst state in the union is "good". good compared to what? 1970s gas guzzlers?
38 mpg is a pretty efficient car, like toyota corolla on a highway. So, the worst mix areas do better with EVs than pretty much any ICEs.
And trucks etc. do a triple damage compared to "good".

Sonnenfeld is a known Chanos supporter and has spread FUD about Tesla in the past many times.

To quote our own Papafox: “...Jeffrey Sommenfeld, an associate dean of the Yale School of Management. Surely, the good Professor Sommenfeld was an unbiased professional who would weigh in on this matter. In reality, short-seller Jim Chanos was a graduate of the Yale School of Management and a visiting lecturer there, working with Sommerfield.”
The War On Tesla By "Click Reporters" Reaches A New Low | CleanTechnica

So you think the SEC was pleased with the pick?

This case makes me think that the SEC lawyers or staff were embarrassed by the 60 minute clip and maybe the short enhancement commission joke and were looking for an opportunity.

Lol, good point! But let's be clear, the original phrasing is "shortseller enrichment commission", first used here on Oct 4, 2018 by our own @oneday (but after Elon's tweet)

Clearly, this phrasing jabbed a nerve. Elon awaits the outcome with a 'baited' line (as do we). ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:
It's convoluted, but has to do with the Rocky Mountain Power Area including Colorado as well as parts of Wyoming and South Dakota. Lots of coal which skews the results despite the Denver area's fairly high solar PV penetration.

It's because Western coal (mined primarily in WY) is the only coal left that is somewhat economical. Appalachian coal is on it's deathbed, getting completely murdered by the Marcellus shale gas.

IEEFA-US-Coal-Production-chart-1-13-2016-535x580-v3.jpg

Fig1.jpg

Most of the red line is produced west of the Mississippi (It's also dirtier).

As far as dirtiness goes its (from least to most) anthracite > bituminous > sub-bituminous > lignite

Hmm, I don't see an answer in that article. It seems to be about what Sonnenfeld wants the SEC to think. But I'm not sure what that has to do with the terms of the consent decree.

You asked another person:

So you think the SEC was pleased with the pick?

Shouldn't the SEC be pleased by any choice that honors the consent decree? If not, why didn't they get terms into the decree that would satisfy them?

I'm asking you because you've been hinting at past experience with the SEC, in an adversarial role. So I'd welcome your insight.

I believe its 24/7 construction. Its bananas.

My dad(coming from Beijing) laughs at how we construct anything in the U.S. Our major highway has been under construction since I was in MIDDLE SCHOOL. I am sure there are plastic cones on this highway from when I was born. It's even messier today than 5 years ago.

China on the other hand can construct a bridge in a few weeks..which is the amount of time it took Tesla to get my permit for my solar panels..lol.

t doesn't
Hmm, I don't see an answer in that article. It seems to be about what Sonnenfeld wants the SEC to think. But I'm not sure what that has to do with the terms of the consent decree.

You asked another person:

Shouldn't the SEC be pleased by any choice that honors the consent decree? If not, why didn't they get terms into the decree that would satisfy them?

I'm asking you because you've been hinting at past experience with the SEC, in an adversarial role. So I'd welcome your insight.

Like Steve Jobs before him, Elon is a once in a generation visionary who is also a bit of an iconoclast. That doesn't fit well into the SEC's humorless, rule oriented view of the world. I think the SEC negotiated Elon stepping down as chairman of the board and agreeing to appoint two independent directors as a means of ensuring greater oversight of Elon and to rein him in a bit. Aside from being a good friend of Elon's, Larry Ellison is cut from the same cloth. It would be like appointing Mark Cuban to the board.

So, based upon what I know of the Commission, and govt bureaucrats in general, I would say that Ellison would not have been the SEC's first choice for the position.

But I've been wrong before, as we are all aware.

Hmm, I don't see an answer in that article. It seems to be about what Sonnenfeld wants the SEC to think.

Yep, it's Sonnenfeld baiting the SEC for his friend Chanos. SEC took the bait and filed for contempt first chance they got. And Cramer just used the same strategy to try to bait the judge into viewing EM as an adversary.

Don’t have a link to the post but I do believe @Fact Checking came up with the term before Elon’s tweet.
Indeed I recall a discussion too. So before I commented, I looked for usage of that phrase. A search indicates your's was the first relevant use of the word "enrichment" in this forum beginning Sep 1st, 2018. First use I found by @Fact Checking was Oct 12, 2018.

Of course, if someone was to post a link of earlier usage, then we'd have evidence, wot?

Cheers!

P.S. So this doesn't turn into a 'slobberfest' this will be my last comment on the topic, which seems somewhat silly. ;)

Somebody's lying, either E-trade or FINRA:

FINRA is not part of the government. We’re a not-for-profit organization authorized by Congress to protect America’s investors by making sure the broker-dealer industry operates fairly and honestly.​
Goldman Sachs controls that "self-regulating" FINRA.