Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still trading those BPS obtained just before the Elon stock sale, but still making money. To be sure, I'm > 80% HODL but use my options to create some cash.

I still think the 25K (inflation adjusted) car will be the Model 3 built with all the effiencies Tesla can muster. Why create another form factor complicating your lines?
I like the idea, but, many Europeans, Chinese, Indians and probably Africans want a small car that can fit down narrow streets and into small car park spaces

Last edited:
10-1 or 20-1 ? Why such boring ratios?
I suggest Tesla should do a 420 to 69 split
Just imagine the scrambling of investors + market participants to acquire extra shares to round up their holdings to a multiple of 69, so that they can get the appropriate multiple of 420 instead of cash for fractional shares.
;)
Just THIS ONE TIME I am going to let yet another dumb numerology post off untouched, because that was really funny!

I like the idea, but, many Europeans, Chinese, Indians and probably Africans want a small car that can fit down narrow streets and into small car park spaces

You're right. If Tesla wants to get above 50-60% automotive market share they can't leave that market segment for the competition to fill. Of course, realistically, that is the least profitable segment of the market so Tesla probably shouldn't address that until they can't continue to expand sales in more profitable segments.

Must be some kind of mistake but adding 80 stalls cost only 1.3M according to the permits? If this is true then it's game over.

value of construction doesn't include value of equipment I'd say.

The new stalls are in pre-poured concrete molds and get trucked in and dropped into place with a winch/crane type method.

So I'm assuming "construction" doesn't include anything above ground (it'll be trenching conduit* and leveling and paving but not electrical wiring or cabinets). And then a separate crew will come in to place the electrical components and the actual charging stalls.

* conduit being counted as below ground even though it sticks above the ground level when the ground is sealed.

You're right. If Tesla wants to get above 50-60% automotive market share they can't leave that market segment for the competition to fill. Of course, realistically, that is the least profitable segment of the market so Tesla probably shouldn't address that until they can't continue to expand sales in more profitable segments.
The long-term strategist might find it appropriate to sacrifice some short-term profitability for the sake of establishing beachheads in such markets. India, Brazil and Indonesia are the first three that come to mind as having a large enough car-owning base for that potentially to make sense.

♫ One of these things is not like the others ♫

Tesla Debt metrics vs other automakers.2022-04-23

Tesla Debt metrics vs other automakers.2022-04-23.jpg

Credit Rating Agencies consider all other Auto majors as "investment grade" except Ford, who they rate the same as Tesla. Embarassing for both industries. :p

#S&P #Moody's #Credit

Can someone check if there's an overall increase in put positions which is the root cause for the vix spike? I have a feeling that after Netflix miss, lots of puts piled into the market for next week's earnings as they see all of them miss due to similar reasons Netflix faced. This is good as when everyone is piling on for armageddon, we usually have the contrarian rally for maximum pain.

Amazon reports earnings this week.

I think there is a high probability of a large miss and reduction in guidance, and like Netflix a lot of people will realize this company is closer to the top of its S curve rather than the bottom. As we have seen recently with Netflix and Facebook the market can be brutal with this type of news.

AWS also just recently bought ~$10 billion worth of launches for its Kuiper project (Starlink copy) choosing basically everybody but SpaceX, paying a giant premium for it. (Note:Starlink will probably pay ~$2b for the equivalent amount of launches….)

Rivian stock was the source for ~1/3rd of Amazon’s entire earnings last year, and that company has lost ~70% of its value since then. If it looks like they will lose money don’t be surprised if they do a “kitchen sink” quarter and dump a bunch of charges into Q1.

Operating income has been declining at Amazon every quarter since Q1, and YoY revenue growth minus inflation declining as well.

I’m not necessarily saying this is something that will happen, but it’s a probability I think the market is underestimating. Don’t be surprised next week if Amazon dumps 20%+ in a single day and takes Tesla down 3-4% with it.

Last edited:
ESG scores are just as phoney too, in case you’re wondering.

Just another BS racket by ratings agencies with no skin in the game.
This author completely missed the dripping sarcasm in Brett Winton's tweet.

I'm shocked, and expect so much better from these talented journalists who dedicate their lives to recording the truth.

markup_494.png

SMR offers a concise version of the Welt interview, hitting all the high points and editing out the ums and ahs, with little commentary.

[link to YouTube video promoting Elons demise on title image removed]​
So thats the FUDs latest angle, a death wish Elon? *sugar* *cubed* how can we stop promoting that angle. This is no longer funny.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mengy