Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Elon guy, I hear that he's nurtured a bevy of successful businesses which have rewarded his efforts with a very fat wallet, am I right?

Consider also, that he is rather frugal in his personal spending and (essentially*) lives in a trailer park in South Texas, doesn't he?

So, for perspective, it seems to me that him buying Twitter is kinda like one of us mere Muggles buying a bumper sticker.

What's the fuss all about? Let the guy have some fun. I'd say he's earned it, and him doing so is unlikely to negatively affect his corporate children's growth. (TSLA, SpaceX, etc.)

HODL

* see what I did there?

Last edited:
One of the advantages of being relatively poor, middle class, and rich all in a single lifetime is you get to experience the different ways in which you are viewed and treated by others. Arguably more importantly, you also get to experience how you personally change.

Being on the richer end of things in this phase of life and needing to deal with new issues, new people and the like, while I don’t have video, photographic or written evidence of what went on behind the scenes this week, I’m quite confident it went down pretty close to how I described it. It’s how it’s generally done at that level.
My problem is whatever amount of money I have, I just wanna go on cycling trips and enjoy the panoramic climbs of what our beautiful planet still has to offer to us.

Will be cycling in Keene, CA from the 1st to 8th of May. The only thing that has changed over the years is the size of the place where we enjoy our beer after the bike ride. My friends and I booked a ridiculously big ranch. I used to be scared to lose my way on the roads, now it’s when we are back home. Just kidding, I got my GPS on at all time I will be fine.

I'm a long term Tesla investor but recently took out a single stock securities backed loan to pay a tax bill and buy a house. We put in an offer for the house the day before Elon's sell off in November, but the price recovered just in time for me to get the loan I needed and now, a few days before we move in, I get collateral called by the loan company and have to find a sizeable sum of money to cover the shortfall. I'll now have to sell some shares today or on Tuesday to cover this. I took out the loan specifically so I can keep my TSLA in the long term.

All of this was my risk of course, but this Twitter deal has had some knock-on effects even for those of us who want to HODL.
Could you not sell some calls against your shares to cover the demand? If yes, then would seem a better way forward than selling shares - even selling calls ATM for one year ahead is better as there's always a possibility the SP is lower then than it is now, regardless of how well Tesla is performing

So, IIRC, someone posted awhile back about how Tesla could screw over short sellers by doing a fractional split (like 9.5:1) - something about all shares having to be accounted for at the time of the split or something.

Could someone maybe unpack that for me? I don't feel like I understand the nuances. If it's true, though, I would love to see shorts get hammered at the split... Would there be any reason for Tesla not to do everything in their power to smack down the people trying to hold the prices down?

Reactions: wipster
An island of green in a sea of red…
8AB5D117-5C00-4AA5-903C-9786BDF29DF3.jpeg

Could this be the long-awaited V11 update?
It kind of sounds that way. But what does he mean by "wide release"? Does he mean the usual seep-out of a few YouTubers and other lucky ones before the rest of us get it two weeks later? That's what I would expect from such a big change.

Also, I really don't expect V11 until Karpathy gets back from sabbatical. (Yes, I do think he's coming back)

If V11 does come out and it's as good as we hope, the share price will give you a nose bleed.

Thanks, now I remember having seen that.

I saw that these tweets were from 3 weeks ago, so in case the plan has changed, I checked Elon’s Twitter feed and see that four days ago he said essentially the same thing about left turns and traffic. So it does indeed look like V11 single stack is not coming out yet. When Andrej returns to work seems most likely still.

I don't know if this has been resolved yet. As of a couple of weeks ago it was still up in the air. This person originated the request back in October.

Secretive much?

Here's the SEC link: https://www.sec.gov/divisions/corpfin/cf-noaction/14a-8/2022/sumtristesla012422-14a8-incoming.pdf

It's just a proposal by Karen from Iceland to force a vote for Tesla to divest all their crypto holdings and end any affiliation with crypto due to the high amount of energy it consumes.

I would be against the proposal simply because it forces Tesla management to take action on something I voted them in power to handle. And I don't think holding Bitcoin consumes vast amounts of power.

Here's an article suggesting Tesla is likely to prevail:

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it's determined this is within the purview of shareholder resolutions and it could even pass. That would make me sad that so little faith was placed in Tesla management to do the right thing because I think Elon might be doing this in part to encourage crypto to clean up its act or stimulate the development of a renewable energy-based crypto that could stimulate solar and wind energy companies. Other than these potential positive results, I don't think it matters a whole lot which way this goes other than it would be a disappointing display of a lack of shareholder confidence in Tesla management and their goals.

Last edited:
What have I done 🙁 I feel bad, but I thought everyone should know because many people here have informed me.

I don't know what planet you come from but this is fully public business, nothing to feel bad about.

My, oh my! What is the world coming to when people start thinking there is something wrong with sharing what is normal corporate business? :rolleyes:

I mean, we are all shareholders here! At least we claim to be, LOL!

Reactions: MP3Mike
I don't know what planet you come from but this is fully public business, nothing to feel bad about.

My, oh my! What is the world coming to when people start thinking there is something wrong with sharing what is normal corporate business? :rolleyes:
I like this person and don't want anyone to be critical. My vote would be to force Tesla to sell their Bitcoin.