Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given all the international deliveries, I would not expect the numbers today. But I will be happy if I am wrong.

So I imagine their delivery accounting system to be electronic with the numbers immediately summarized. I have the impression that most of the time is spent writing the report (which usually tries to spin the numbers in one way or another), not waiting 120 msecs for the IP packets to arrive from Norway. :D

But who knows ...

So I imagine their delivery accounting system to be electronic with the numbers immediately summarized. I have the impression that most of the time is spent writing the report (which usually tries to spin the numbers in one way or another), not waiting 120 msecs for the IP packets to arrive from Norway. :D

But who knows ...
You may be right. I was thinking more about in transit, pre-registration and papers accepted vs submitted. But you are right that all should be electronic, and given they put a caveat that the numbers may slightly change later on they may release early. Let’s see.

Reactions: Fact Checking

But who knows ...

Yep. When I took "home" delivery late night on March 31st, I made one electronic signature for the driver but was also required to reply to a specific email sent from my delivery advisor with the word "yes" and the date of delivery.

Jung Musk on Twitter

Seems we got our April fools joke.

My take on their 3 main findings:
  1. Wiper exploits: if you let a rain sensing cam see water splashing, it will try to wipe it off.
  2. AP exploits: if you paint lane lines on the ground, the car will follow it.
  3. Remote control exploits: If you have physical access of a computer, you can gain root access, then through that root privilege, if you send commands to steering assist motors they will move.
Not sure what they are trying to prove here.
They are security researchers. The point is to get attention. By using the Tesla name they got that. And even direct mention by Musk himself. Their marketing is working.

Reactions: Tslynk67

But who knows ...

Agreed, they would have knows the numbers a few minutes after the EOQ. They will likely also have a good idea of cash flow and profitability based on the figures.

These figures are of huge importance. If they beat expectations it shows the last quarter wasn't a one off and growth will continue. I think this is what the market is waiting for.

You may be right. I was thinking more about in transit, pre-registration and papers accepted vs submitted. But you are right that all should be electronic, and given they put a caveat that the numbers may slightly change later on they may release early. Let’s see.

Yeah, there's often a few hundred deliveries missed in the P&D report.

If they are very close to a key number they want to hit (they are at 49,987 Model 3 deliveries in Q1 ... just kidding :D) they might decide to wait one more day for the rest to trickle in.

In light of intense SEC scrutiny they might also have decided to release the P&D report only completely outside trading hours, to allow the market to digest the numbers.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Boys and girls, we're gonnna have one more day to play those options. Maybe a chance to fix what you didn't get right yesterday.

I think the delay is because there are a lot of numbers to count. :D

Well, there's precedent of Tesla filing after trading hours. Not recently though, so tomorrow morning would be the next time window, if Tesla is following past patterns - which they might not. :D

The Q2'2017 report was filed at 15:21, during after trading hours ...

Last edited:
Slightly OT:
I think I've stumbled upon the Semi's frunk design. Anyone seen this before?
M674DBIVNK56FON27UQIXB6ZFELJYCC3LDENQFVF6PBOZI4YCNSTK7AZ3535IZNQFHTFEYDVXEDHC

This might also add a source of delay to recognizing a delivery: what if a customer answers the email late, or not at all?

There was one more delivery scheduled after mine. I bet the delivery driver got the signature with 30 minutes to go in the quarter. If the customer is like most people, he was too excited to think about replying to the email that night and possibly forgot to do so the next day. I'm sure there are numerous situations like that at the end of every quarter. Since I'm a shareholder, I replied to the email right away :D

Boys and girls, we're gonnna have one more day to play those options. Maybe a chance to fix what you didn't get right yesterday.

I think the delay is because there are a lot of numbers to count. :D

I was looking for a delivery-report dip to load up some more options - they're way too expensive right now after the 12% rally.

Anyway, how come Apple can hold their new product events bang in the middle of main trading hours...??

OT (while we wait):

In the last week, Canada has announced a $5,000 rebate for EVs, and is moving forward to extend a National Carbon Tax: (covering Provinces which have not yet implemented their own Climate Action Plan to meet the 2030 goals outlined in the Paris Agreement)

Canada imposes carbon tax on four provinces with no climate plans