Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, there's precedent of Tesla filing after trading hours. Not recently though, so tomorrow morning would be the next time window, if Tesla is following past patterns - which they might not. :D

The Q2'2017 report was filed at 15:21, during trading hours ...
It took me a while to figure that one out since I thought I would have remembered it. That was not market hours. That was on July 3rd and markets close at 1pm ET on July 3rd in observance of the 4th of July.

Although in a way they did release numbers during the market day once. January 2014 Jerome Guillen congratulated the Tesla team on 6,900 deliveries in Q4 2013. Of course back then they only reported deliveries in the quarterly earnings report so it was a complete surprise.

Edit: The year

Last edited:
would be quite happy to see a surprise refresh, but, as to "child's toy" I suspect that was a reference to the semis charging ability.

I believe the “children’s toy” comment was a reference to the Megachargers that were unveiled along with the Semi.

With V3 charging up to 250 KwH, the Megacharger could just be a 4-pack of the V3 chargers, in some sort of dedicated package for Semis.

I find it difficult to believe Elon would make fun of a 350 kW charging rate for a car by comparing it to a charging rate for a Semi.

He might be thinking about roadster 2020 or the semi when he's referencing children's toy.
Maybe roadster 2020 can connect to an ultra charger like the semi since it has 2 battery packs.

I’m going out on a limb. Roadster and Models S&X refresh will be able to charge at 500 kW. One of these days I’ve got to get a prediction correct. I think I’m 0 for 4

I have to wonder if the Q1 data might be of interest to the MXWL shareholders since the share price might come into play. Getting those shares tendered may be more difficult if TSLA bumps a bit or is that not a consideration since the ratio is fixed?

Somewhat interesting to me is the LYFT IPO that has flopped a bit. Seems a few initial holders were happy to dump the stock for a quick profit driving price down. Is the SEC going to get a little shade over this? Are they even involved? Cramer's comments on the LYFT IPO were disturbing to me. IPOs always seemed a little scammy to me. Perhaps this makes it easier for the court to ding the SEC a bit.

Think getting the MXWL and SEC in the rear view mirror will be helpful. RIP Harambe.

Looking forward to Frunk pony pics
Ha, that could totally work!

tiny-horses-12__605.jpg

Semi's frunk is probably smaller than you'd think! Roughly the same size as the M3 one, I assume, maybe even a bit smaller, yet deeper. Could be of similar volume compared to M3's frunk.

• Love
Reactions: Lessmog
Hm, 6,900 deliveries of what - interstellar spaceships?
Sure, that is what some people called the Model S. But for fun think of the perspective there. That announcement drove the stock price up to a high of $265 after the earnings call and Gigafactory announcement. Here we are, Tesla is getting close to delivering 100,000 cars in quarter, and we aren't much higher than we were back then.

BTW., in principle Tesla could delay the report until the court hearing as well, which is in two days.

I do think that from a media perspective a delay of a day or two is good: every new country in Europe reporting will be another record of Model 3 deliveries (since we start from almost nothing). So if you want to get more (semi)good news media coverage you wait until Germany & France have reported their numbers first...

Sure, that is what some people called the Model S. But for fun think of the perspective there. That announcement drove the stock price up to a high of $265 after the earnings call and Gigafactory announcement. Here we are, Tesla is getting close to delivering 100,000 cars in quarter, and we aren't much higher than we were back then.

My jokes are really bad today, let me highlight the date you provided again:

January 2104

:D

I have to wonder if the Q1 data might be of interest to the MXWL shareholders since the share price might come into play. Getting those shares tendered may be more difficult if TSLA bumps a bit or is that not a consideration since the ratio is fixed?

TSLA's price does have some effects on MXWL's value, due to the 5-day VWAP determining the conversion price.

If TSLA falls to or below $245.90, the ratio is fixed at 0.0193 TSLA for 1 MXWL.

Above that price, an increase in TSLA during the VWAP window can reduce the value of a share of MXWL (due to the averaging). A decrease can similarly increase value of a share of MXWL.

• Informative
Reactions: Doggydogworld
The next hour from now is the typical time frame: 8:30-9:15am Eastern Time.

In Q4 it was filed at 8:38am.

Here are past timestamps:

The last timestamp was:

Accepted: 2019-01-02 08:38:32 (Wed)​

Tesla is under no obligation to follow past precedents - they usually (but not always) do.

Edgar also has an RSS feed which you can use to get notified about new filings, instead of obsessing about F5. :D

THAT’S IT! Fact Checking is confirmed to be a super advanced Alexa-like AI bot. You’ve blown your cover o_O

• Funny
Reactions: Duffer
BTW., in principle Tesla could delay the report until the court hearing as well, which is in two days.
I would think they would dot their eyes and cross their tees to show just how perfunctory they can be with releasing genuinely material information and have that in hand for the hearing. So I think there is an advantage in doing this before the hearing.

Also Musk needs to run a few tweet through the pre-approval process where there is plausible question of materiality just to demonstrate that controls are in place and work. Tesla want to make the case for distinguishing between material and immaterial tweets. So having a few cases where the pre-approval process was used could go a long way toward demonstrating intent to SEC and the court. Also just to protect the share price from future SEC intervention, I would hope that Musk used the control procedure on any tweet that might raise an eyebrow. For example, if a tweet causes the SEC to question whether Musk sought pre-approval, it would be beneficial to all shareholder for Tesla to be able to hand over without hesitation documentation of that pre-approval. Yes, it is largely a box checking exercise and Musk should not have to do it, but a very quick resolution of such an inquiry would minimize the damage that could be inflicted on the stock. As much fun as we've had with the RIP Harambe prank, I sincerely hope the preapproval forms were tucked away before hand to properly establish the premeditated and documented intent that this was merely an April Fools prank. The joke would then be on the SEC for being so vain as to question it.