Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would think they would dot their eyes and cross their tees to show just how perfunctory they can be with releasing genuinely material information and have that in hand for the hearing. So I think there is an advantage in doing this before the hearing.

Also Musk needs to run a few tweet through the pre-approval process where there is plausible question of materiality just to demonstrate that controls are in place and work. Tesla want to make the case for distinguishing between material and immaterial tweets. So having a few cases where the pre-approval process was used could go a long way toward demonstrating intent to SEC and the court. Also just to protect the share price from future SEC intervention, I would hope that Musk used the control procedure on any tweet that might raise an eyebrow. For example, if a tweet causes the SEC to question whether Musk sought pre-approval, it would be beneficial to all shareholder for Tesla to be able to hand over without hesitation documentation of that pre-approval. Yes, it is largely a box checking exercise and Musk should not have to do it, but a very quick resolution of such an inquiry would minimize the damage that could be inflicted on the stock. As much fun as we've had with the RIP Harambe prank, I sincerely hope the preapproval forms were tucked away before hand to properly establish the premeditated and documented intent that this was merely an April Fools prank. The joke would then be on the SEC for being so vain as to question it.
It's Elon's material tweets that need approval, not Tesla's. Anyway, Tesla usually announces the numbers via press release and SEC filing, not tweet. Also, some years ago Tesla promised to release delivery numbers within 3 business days of the end of the quarter. I think they're just still sorting out paperwork, bearing in mind that the last day was a Sunday.

Slightly OT:
I think I've stumbled upon the Semi's frunk design. Anyone seen this before?
M674DBIVNK56FON27UQIXB6ZFELJYCC3LDENQFVF6PBOZI4YCNSTK7AZ3535IZNQFHTFEYDVXEDHC
I believe that is the frunk jacuzzi for the serious long haul trucker and companion. This is for the Burt Reynolds edition.
LHN5tgT.jpg

Last edited:
It's Elon's material tweets that need approval, not Tesla's. Anyway, Tesla usually announces the numbers via press release and SEC filing, not tweet. Also, some years ago Tesla promised to release delivery numbers within 3 business days of the end of the quarter. I think they're just still sorting out paperwork, bearing in mind that the last day was a Sunday.
Or still working on the wording.

Interesting thing from that video, Elon said Jim Cramer is a simulation and not a real person? :DJim Cramer seemed to have some crocodile tears over that one. :rolleyes:

I was wondering if that was a simplistic way to call out a complex claim. Cramer employs Anton Wahlman but claims to be impartial about Tesla, and consistently calls the stock a cult stock and generally avoids any mention of the duration of growth already achieved and the limited serious entrants in the last 2 years and the next 2 years. It would be interesting to know if Jim has ever been, or is short Tesla.

Bob Lutz crossed the line on CNBC IMHO. His remarks on Elon were obviously borne from jealousy that Elon was able to accomplish something that Bob never could with EV's.

Every time I hear Bob on CNBC, something stupid comes out of his mouth. He would do well to keep that big fat cigar of his permanently implanted in that mouth so we don't have to suffer his comments.

He's been wrong on so many fronts with regards to Tesla it's beyond me why CNBC would have him on as any kind of "expert" on anything car related at this point.

Time and history will not be kind to his stance on Tesla.

Cheers to the longs.

Bob Lutz crossed the line on CNBC IMHO. His remarks on Elon were obviously borne from jealousy that Elon was able to accomplish something that Bob never could with EV's.

Every time I hear Bob on CNBC, something stupid comes out of his mouth. He would do well to keep that big fat cigar of his permanently implanted in that mouth so we don't have to suffer his comments.

He's been wrong on so many fronts with regards to Tesla it's beyond me why CNBC would have him on as any kind of "expert" on anything car related at this point.

Cheers to the longs.

I loved the part of the interview where Colin said that they expect about 70k total deliveries, and that if Tesla hits that, the market will probably treat it as a positive. And nobody on the panel raised any objection to that notion, as if it were a given.

OT
Just don’t order “Frites American” in Belgium (literally “American fries”), or else you’ll get ground beef tartar (ie raw ground beef). Can you explain that one to me, Nico?
Wait, why wouldn't you want that? Beef tartar is delicious.
I believe that is the frunk jacuzzi for the serious long haul trucker and companion. This is for the Burt Reynolds edition.
LHN5tgT.jpg
Lot lizards will love that option.

I was wondering if that was a simplistic way to call out a complex claim. Cramer employs Anton Wahlman but claims to be impartial about Tesla, and consistently calls the stock a cult stock and generally avoids any mention of the duration of growth already achieved and the limited serious entrants in the last 2 years and the next 2 years. It would be interesting to know if Jim has ever been, or is short Tesla.

CNBC - June 2010:

Cheers to the longs.

talk about a punchable cigar...

i said cigar not face...

Or it could be Lusk in a video like this at the bottom.

TSLA: Tesla Inc - Stock Quote and News - CNBC

Lusk.... what a maroon. Self-confessed manic depressive.... really, at least EVs don't create carbon monoxide and all the grief that brings into the world.

Don't see no video, but I guess it's dear old uncle Bob?

If anyone's trading on his opinion then they deserve to lose it all.

$315 is the fair price value in this channel TSLA has been stuck in. To be honest the $300 price point hasn’t done much of anything in terms of support or resistance.
We're nicely about some prior resistance at ~$284. If we get confidently through the $290's, getting above the next target ~298$ would be a solid bullish signal. $300 is my line of relative confidence there. I may buy here (or lower) with an objective to sell April $315 calls against the position, and possible sell another $260 downside put. And then just flush the position after expriry