Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that Tesla didn’t mention the Shanghai shutdown to improve the lines, and nobody asked about it. The improved capacity was not shown in the deck, though I guess that at least is understandable as it wasn’t in Q2.
The shareholder deck said this "Recent equipment upgrades will enable us to continue to increase our production rate further." They always lag behind Shanghai's capacity and just use a "greater than" symbol.

That was the first call I can remember where Elon didn't say something that made me completely cringe and look for the SP to drop during AH trading. 👏

Frankly, I was impressed Elon didn't lose it when that one analyst kept asking about demand. *I* was losing it. GIVE IT UP for God's sake.

Elon on lithium refining “if our suppliers don’t solve these problems, then we will.” :cool:

Yeah, that entire answer rambled on for way too long, and that (“if our suppliers don’t solve these problems, then we will.”) was the only answer needed on that question. And it's accurate too. Tesla has shown time and time again that when they see a looming supplier problem, they solve it.

Its such a bogus factor, that does not at all apply to general use. This is how fairly highly trained beta testers guard their cars from crashing while on FSD, not FSD navigating safely without attempting to commit suicide every now and then. Yes, there are long stretches where it works just fine, but not in the general case, and not for the general public.

Have you met these "highly trained" beta testers? Who are they and who trained them to such a high level? o_O

Apparently TSLA is "fading" in the after-hours, and the stock is under pressure." Even though it has been higher than when it closed.

Yes. Clearly fading. /s

TSLA.2022-07-20.19-20.png

Cheers to the Longs!

Interesting that Tesla didn’t mention the Shanghai shutdown to improve the lines, and nobody asked about it. The improved capacity was not shown in the deck, though I guess that at least is understandable as it wasn’t in Q2.
iirc then Shanghai was listed with >450k in the Q1-deck, but with >750k in the current deck .. or am i remembering wrongly?

Frankly, I was impressed Elon didn't lose it when that one analyst kept asking about demand. *I* was losing it. GIVE IT UP for God's sake.
Zach: "Maybe there's less orders? It's immaterial"
Analysts:...You mean there's a decline?...AH HA!@!@#@!@#! Everyone crack open those champagne bottles! Busted Growth STORY!

Did the demand questions remind you of @Cosmacelf in 2019? I know I would just about lose it back then every time someone brought up the impending "demand problem".

In 2019
I think Tesla is finally hitting the wall of organic demand based on word of mouth, and free PR. Maybe, just maybe, they should try some paid advertising and see what happens?

On today's call Elon said they were working on fixing their demand problem by increasing production and they hoped to get demand to finally match production at some point in the future. He said it's irritating when you order some food in a restaurant, and they tell you it won't be ready for three hours. Ideally, demand is aligned with production and that is the situation they want and are aiming for. They can't do that right now because they can't just keep raising prices to absurd levels, so they have to continue to solve the demand problem by increasing production.

It's a good "problem" to have. And who would have guessed Gordy would have been right about the impending "demand problem"? 🤣

Did the demand questions remind you of @Cosmacelf in 2019? I know I would just about lose it back then every time someone brought up the impending "demand problem".

In 2019

Ooooh. That hurts! Have you got some sort of list of people who said stupid things? How/why did you find a quote from me from 2019???

Just to defend myself, that quote was talking about Model X demand which Elon himself said was dropping, and he himself didn't know why. (Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable). So, yeah, there was indeed a demand problem with Model X in 2019. So suggesting a fix for it wasn't out of line. Of course, in hindsight the real answer was that Tesla in the end didn't give two shits about Model X demand since Model 3/Y basically became the company, something that took a little bit of time to realize.

Have you met these "highly trained" beta testers? Who are they and who trained them to such a high level? o_O
I'm one. My car has been training me for many months to understand and avoid its many failure modes when FSD is on. The frequency of failures has been going down, and the number of failure modes has been decreasing as well. But when I get an update and an old failure mode returns I recognize it right away.

Those new, or newer, to FSD aren't nearly as highly trained and are therefore more likely to run into trouble of one kind or another. And certainly their tension level will be higher than mine.

Nearly 4 years of autopilot use and 26 years of driving here! :cool: (they should have prioritized people with lots of AP miles IMO but it seems to have worked out ok)

I do think it's funny that FUDsters make a big point about how the other companies use "professional drivers". But that just means they send people to a 3 day SAE seminar and pay them $20 an hour.