Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that overall good for Tesla's mission, making low KWH hybrids instead of EV's?
It's a huge waste of taxpayer dollars.

But I've been going through various scenarios in my head about how the EV tax credit will play out. It could speed up the transition to electric by making full ICE cars completely undesirable. Then when everyone's new car has a plug, the demand and awareness for public and private L2 charging will go through the roof.

If L2 charging is cheap and ubiquitous, PHEV owners are more likely to use electrons instead of gas. Then after owning a PHEV, customers will decide they are better off going fully electric for their next car.

So while it's a horribly expensive way to make the transition, it could still work.

Living in Texas where it has been 104-ish for the daily high nearly all of July, that feature has been an almost critical advantage of the Tesla. Been using it a lot. It's also a great selling point to our ICE-driving friends who really don't know what it's like to get into a cool car on a boiling hot day. I don't know if any luxury ICE vehicles have this? If you have to run the engine it seems a no-go.

We even use it when the car is in our own garage, out of the sun. It's 90°F in the garage 😐
Fellow Texan here. Sold our Model S in May (long story)...back to gas. Can't decide which is worse...paying for gas or the loss of cabin pre-cooling! A unique EV advantage to pre-cool right there in the garage!

In other $TSLA related news....$F is aiming to copy Tesla's manufacturing expertise...i really do not know what to think anymore on how easy it is to 'swap' out parts for different types of EV's. It appears to be so easy that everyone will copy Tesla's process:

1659362073599.png

In other $TSLA related news....$F is aiming to copy Tesla's manufacturing expertise...i really do not know what to think anymore on how easy it is to 'swap' out parts for different types of EV's. It appears to be so easy that everyone will copy Tesla's process:

View attachment 835323
I was told Tesla has to have 35 models that update every 3-4 years to compete as a manufacturer. 😂

... I'm not convinced it's worth Tesla's effort to recycle others' factories. Greenfield better all round, location & even staff. Swindon (Honda, closed), Toyota (Derby?) and Nissan (Sunderland) are probably better than average plants/people.

With current politics, any new manufacturer has the whip hand with regard to government largesse. Anything goes - to support a narrative of a win
To be fair, not too many years ago Sunderland was the highest quality factory in Nissan world and Barnaston was among Toyota's best. Sadly, th conditions that helped those to happen have largely been decimated. Brexit inefficiencies are part of it but infrastructure deficiencies are too, as well as UK infrastructure lack of 'hardening' to cope with hot weather. The aging of high quality labor force is a contributing factor too.

This is all incredibly sad. It really was not long ago that these plants were proof that UK auto manufacturing could compete with the best. For me perhaps the saddest is Ford Dagenham, now producing diesel engines. The whole world is changing... my personal dismay is the loss of Newport Pagnell as the core of Aston Martin, passing there nearly every day was thrilling. Of course, ICE is gone, they just don't know it yet.

Trying to follow the UK/Toyota story, it seems like Toyota isn't denying the pull-out explicitly in this article. It's in the Headline only. My hunch is they said it in backrooms, but it leaked and now backpedaling. The future doesn't look good for either country.

“We can't comment on the government’s consultation relating to the technical details for a new zero-emissions mandate and CO2 regulatory regime, because we haven't seen it,” the firm said.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike Ambler
Understood....small blip on the way back to $1k+ :)
We can hope!

Resistance usually finds a place to form, even in a non-technical area. A ~45-50% move in a month would be a solid spot for the market to settle.

To me, this really looks like an unwinding of shorts with a gamma squeeze thrown in. The last few times this has happened with Tesla, it has taken news to stop the cycle.

We can hope!

Resistance usually finds a place to form, even in a non-technical area. A ~45-50% move in a month would be a solid spot for the market to settle.

To me, this really looks like an unwinding of shorts with a gamma squeeze thrown in. The last few times this has happened with Tesla, it has taken news to stop the cycle.
... and of late the public reaction to "news" has waned from years past. The effect of these tabloid-esque methods are wearing thin.

I suspect news will have markedly reduced effect on chair price going forward.

Besides, there is this to consider...

change-1.png

Last edited: