Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B937E229-BD58-40C2-846F-0A3688385464.png C1F87A96-09F5-46A5-A385-5C6CA9AF8C5D.png I recommend this McKinsey article on their analysis of how EVs can be cost competitive.

Making electric vehicles profitable
Improving electric vehicle economics | McKinsey

TLDR: Tesla seems to be already doing what McKinsey is suggesting.

I think the webcast on April 19th on the Autonomous driving advancements could be a good SP catalyst. If it is really impressive, it should wake up Wallstreet to the fact that TSLA should be given a significant value to its self driving similar to Waymo, and that means a SP more than double what it is now.

Curious that they chose Good Friday for the event, though. The market is closed that day, so the first opportunity to trade on whatever excitement is generated won't be until Monday the 22nd.

• Helpful
Reactions: immunogold
Elon retweeted this Tesla blog:
Introducing a More Seamless Navigate on Autopilot

Now NoA have the option to be always on and lane change confirmation can be turned off.
One interesting detail is only cars after Aug 2017 can have steering wheel vibration as lane changing notification.

Is it the first time HW2.5 has something different than HW2?

If yes, Model S & X upgrade demand secured.:D
This is a bit scary... the first true test. Also, if there's an accident with the lane change confirmation off, does it still mean the AP is Beta or is it AP's fault?

• Informative
Reactions: VValleyEV
Crazy Dana (Hull is Crazy in Estonian) locked her kid at home for spring break and didn't go anywhere.
Dana Hull on Twitter

Then it seems she understood she have to do something on a spring break with a kid(probably 8-10 year old) and took him to a bar with drunk adults
Dana Hull on Twitter

she calls it stellar parenting

this is uncalled for

It WAS a great movie though.

Movie title directly reflects the poster's hopes for the short term stock price.

Dan

Yeah, didn't happen w/o news. As the SP tickled the Upper BB (297.09 at 12:00pm), technical/day traders started moving to the exits.

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2019-04-03.20-00.png

There was support for the rest of the Session at the 50 day Moving Avg (292.67 at 12:00), with a tiny fade in the final minutes before Close. This move was against the NASDAQ-100, so either Shortz, Day-sies, or both.

But then then OP doesnt't believe in T/A, does she? So the 300 will have to fight another day...;)

Cheers!

P.S. Look at the spikes in volume that coincided with the SP reaching the daily high, then at the close. This is selloff/shorting behavior, then day traders closing their positions. This is not big, buy'n'hold institutions at work today.

TSLA.chart.2019-04-03.png

Last edited:
Crazy Dana (Hull is Crazy in Estonian) locked her kid at home for spring break and didn't go anywhere.
Dana Hull on Twitter

Then it seems she understood she have to do something on a spring break with a kid(probably 8-10 year old) and took him to a bar with drunk adults
Dana Hull on Twitter

she calls it stellar parenting

Her lack of morals in journalism also show in her parenting style at home. I feel sorry for her kids. Whatever happened to taking them out for ice cream? I miss the good ole days.

Take this with a grain of salt.

There are a few assets I monitor which I considers under short attack funded by larger groups pushing for a narrative.

Recently, they all seems to run out of funds to keep shorting (which is weird as rising interest rate is paused, making it easier to short)
A lot of short covering going on with low volume. I suspect we are seeing the same with tesla and can be confirmed with next short report.

I have increased my total share count in tesla to be 3X what I had when I invested in the IPO.IIt was only 2X IPO when m3 was released.

BTW, I am a gut based investor, but TA based short term trader. Do not follow my investment moves.

Tesla And Norway: We Hardly Knew Ya! - Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

Wow, sales are already 70% down in Q2. This is alarming. Guess I’m shorting tomorrow.
The people at Sleazy Alpha. Wow. Besides two days being not enough of a sample group, not one place in the article does he mention Tesla's strategy of shipping which means cars won't even be going to Norway for 10 more days for the most part. So there will be a drop to near zero for a few days as they sell down, then a HUGE burst again which they won't report.