Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging stations per state:

Anyone have a dataset for Tesla superchargers (which should be added to the above dataset once other EVs can use it) on a per state basis?

I'd like to do some analysis of vehicle registration / superchargers / population, if possible.
Scroll down to "Superchargers per state: USA", hover mouse over bar to reveal number.

Searchable Supercharger location data, with filters on fields including State/Province:

Chairs!

Thank you and sweet! It has the number of stalls.

I'm taking from the alternative fuels' historical station count spreadsheet and going per-state from 2007-2021. I'll post the spreadsheet here for free when I'm done.

I don't see that as the most likely scenario. There is a lot of money on the sidelines that is ready to front-run any Q3 earnings blowout significantly in advance of the actual earnings release. The Production and Delivery numbers come weeks before earnings and, depending upon actual margins and management guidance given during the Q3 conference call, we could see an initial runup based on front-running Q3 P&D and/or earnings, followed up by further runup based on blowout earnings/management guidance. Of course this is only one possible scenario of many but, from what we know right now, probably one of the more likely ones. Because a lot of investors don't wait for the gap up caused by blow-out results, they front-run it. I think we will begin to see that no later than the third week of September and maybe even as early as starting this week. Q3 earnings are not until mid-late October.

Time will tell but sitting on the sidelines until the news is actually announced is not how an investor captures the biggest gains.
Might be the first thumbs down I've ever given you. We used to get run-ups into earnings, but as an active TSLA options trader, I can tell you it hasn't been happening for a while. It's seems like the MM have gotten very good at playing chicken, and manage to keep the SP down through short selling until the bitter end. If Macros improve in the next month, I expect TSLA to climb with it, but otherwise the SP isn't going to deviate much from the NASDAQ until earnings week. Which means we might go down 10+% in the next month, and Q3 earnings will just get us back to where we are now. So let's hope this inflation selling silliness ends and we start seeing another leg up in the markets (starting with a Green Day tomorrow?).

Deutsche Bank raises price target to $375 after visit to Giga Berlin:

Interesting:
The company acknowledged some production risk from any potential German Gas Crisis, confirming Giga Berlin's energy supply is similar to other
OEMs producing in Germany, but pointed to its strong flexibility in steering its global vehicle production to regions where it sees strong demand," the analyst added.

Another day of heavy SP manipulation in the early pre-Market (when its mostly MMs and hedgies trading), followed by extreme volume at the Closing Cross: (3.5M shares, or 1.16M pre-split equiv.) as shortzes cover:

TSLA.2022-08-29.16-00.png

Paging @Papafox

Last edited:
Everyone here always should be bullish on the near future value of Tesla shares. And the far future value.

It’s just that….it’s just….

Well, you’re a special case.
Hey, I thought you said I was the special one. You even gave me that special TMC holiday last year as a reward.
"Manufacturers only got serious about electric vehicles
Say what now?!

Done, the numbers get weird (only stations, not stalls per state) starting in 2013 and before...I was able to go from 2014 - 2021.

I added in state population data and divided the number of people in end of 2019 (no, I didn't find the state populations per year) by the number of stalls per state, over time, from 2014 to 2021. Based on the data, the curve looks like the strategy is to try to reduce the amount of people per stalls across each state. You can see the broad variance in 2014 and how it drives towards 1 stall per < 10,000 people by 2021. The best state (minimum # of people per stall) in 2021 has ~700 people / stall and that's Vermont. It's the best every year since 2014! California is a close second every year.

The worst are Alaska and Louisiana.

1661807968632.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you just love the insinuation of this article...'proposed class action', when in reality it is just one owner doing the proposing:

1661809008651.png

1661808920102.png

Lucid opened the ability to sell up to $8 billion in future offering (but not selling anything today) for those wondering what is going on with their stock AH. Just a 30% dilution on a rainy day. Nothing to see here.
Imagine investing in a stock where there's an overhang over a 30% dilution that can/will happen at any moment...... 🥴 Now imagine they have to do it at an even lower valuation than today which turns it into a 40-50% dilution 😅

It's somehow even worse to know it's coming at some point instead of just being surprised lol

My only complaint about service these days? We need a desktop/full size site for managing service interactions. Typing and interacting on a phone is not the best experience for me (not so young male).
Agree 100%. Tesla should replicate most (if not all) of the app functionality on the Web. It is almost criminal to not give access to all the Tesla solar system data on the web and confine it all to the small screen app! Most people inevitably have a few days here and there with no mobile access (lost phone, broken phone, etc.), and those days are a pain in the ass already. God forbid if you need access to some Tesla app-only functionality or data at that time, it would turn an already PITA day into a major PITA!

My nightmare scenario is losing access to my mobile phone for a few days, and then losing web access to other stuff like my email accounts, bank accounts, etc., because I can't verify my identity with my mobile phone! And now, all my Tesla stuff joins that list of critically mobile dependent.

Imagine investing in a stock where there's an overhang over a 30% dilution that can/will happen at any moment...... 🥴 Now imagine they have to do it at an even lower valuation than today which turns it into a 40-50% dilution 😅

It's somehow even worse to know it's coming at some point instead of just being surprised lol
I think they will draw on those shares via stock based compensation. If they are not generating any revenue, they have to get paid somehow...by retail suckers.

Tbh, after running through the charging stall exercise per state...

...it looks like it's all compliance from the government side. At least the supercharging network is done based no use case and demand! I don't know how climate change is averted unless its California as the only state that survives. Either that or financial institutions throw just a ton of money into Tesla to put superchargers everywhere. They're certainly not making enough cars to get rid of the entire automotive fleet anytime soon.