Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't you just love the insinuation of this article...'proposed class action', when in reality it is just one owner doing the proposing:
I guess I need to sue Toyota over the phantom braking their ADAS system gave me when I rented one a few months back. It was truly a nightmare. I can barely live with the pain.
Tbh, after running through the charging stall exercise per state...

...it looks like it's all compliance from the government side. At least the supercharging network is done based no use case and demand! I don't know how climate change is averted unless its California as the only state that survives. Either that or financial institutions throw just a ton of money into Tesla to put superchargers everywhere. They're certainly not making enough cars to get rid of the entire automotive fleet anytime soon.
Has anyone proposed what the steady state of EV charging will look like? I don't recall seeing much of anything. People with garage parking are covered, but what about everyone else? I don't see how the government won't need to force public garages/parking lots to install a crap load of L1/2 chargers. I don't think the market is flexible enough in housing to make it organic. Owners of those properties will mostly be reluctant to spend the money if their peers aren't doing the same.

Don't you just love the insinuation of this article...'proposed class action', when in reality it is just one owner doing the proposing:

View attachment 846766

View attachment 846765
One thing that is certain is large, profitable corporations will face class action lawsuits.

Not sure if this is stale (filed Friday). Tesla lawyers making a play it sounds like.

"According to the lawsuit the defendants collaborated to bring the existing laws and regulations into place in 2017. Those laws and regulations prohibit a vehicle manufacturer from selling their cars directly to consumers, instead requiring a local in-state dealer to do so."

Last edited:
After reading everything there is to read about Tesla lately, I am 100% sure of one thing about the TSLA stock price in the short term. And that is that nobody knows if it’s going up or down. The market is an amazing bipolar unpredictable showman. As the Tesla story continues to expand and the company to hit milestones, the market doesn’t change in its unpredictable short term movements.

I give a 95% probability that TSLA will 5x in the next 10 years and a 60% probability that it will 10x. There is also a possibility that it will 100x however there are a lot of improbable things more probable to happen in the realm of possibilities.

Not that I think the suit in general has any merit- but your objection is mistaken- that is how you get a class action

A representative "victim" files a lawsuit, asking the court to grant class certification for them to represent everyone in the class.

Your own link explains that;

your source said:
The lawsuit seeks class action status for all U.S. owners or leasors of a Tesla that suffers from the sudden unintended braking defect

ALL class actions are "proposed class actions" until certified by the court....so there's no "insinuation" going on- that's literally how this works.

Imagine investing in a stock where there's an overhang over a 30% dilution that can/will happen at any moment...... 🥴 Now imagine they have to do it at an even lower valuation than today which turns it into a 40-50% dilution 😅

It's somehow even worse to know it's coming at some point instead of just being surprised lol
Well - and the fact they’re going to need a whole lot more than 8B to stay afloat.

Not that I think the suit in general has any merit- but your objection is mistaken- that is how you get a class action

A representative "victim" files a lawsuit, asking the court to grant class certification for them to represent everyone in the class.

Your own link explains that;

ALL class actions are "proposed class actions" until certified by the court....so there's no "insinuation" going on- that's literally how this works.
Thank you for the clarification.

View attachment 846766

View attachment 846765
Is the "owner" a short seller by any chance? Are his initials GJ? Or does his last name rhyme with Rates? Or does he have his laptop next to his toilet while he brushes his teeth?

(Asking for a friend)

View attachment 846766

View attachment 846765

$5 says the "owner" of the car is a lawyer themselves.

Not sure if this is stale (filed Friday). Tesla lawyers making a play it sounds like.

"According to the lawsuit the defendants collaborated to bring the existing laws and regulations into place in 2017. Those laws and regulations prohibit a vehicle manufacturer from selling their cars directly to consumers, instead requiring a local in-state dealer to do so."

Let's hope Tesla goes all-in this time rather than compromise as it did with Michigan. If this interstate commerce issue gets to the Supreme Court, so much the better. Then this squabble with dealerships could be put to rest in all states.

We need a desktop/full size site for managing service interactions. Typing and interacting on a phone is not the best experience for me (not so young male).
OT: I installed the Tesla app on a tablet for home use. I also connect my tablet to my phone for messaging while I'm home.

BTW: what I'd like to see is more of the information that is available in the car also made available in the app: trip info, power consumption graph, tire pressure, etc. It seems quaint/silly to have to go out to the car to check on things. PS: the service screen with tire pressure info can now (2022.24.5) be used as a crude stopwatch to tell how long you were in the store (time since you last drove the car).

Another day of heavy SP manipulation in the early pre-Market (when its mostly MMs and hedgies trading), followed by extreme volume at the Closing Cross: (3.5M shares, or 1.16M pre-split equiv.) as shortzes cover:

View attachment 846718

Paging @Papafox
How come the entities are able to find endless supply of shares at closing cross to cover their shorts . This is not a one time affair, per posters here, this is a daily occurrence. Who is selling to the manipulators and helping them
Cover their shorts?
Just curious to know

Has anyone proposed what the steady state of EV charging will look like? I don't recall seeing much of anything. People with garage parking are covered, but what about everyone else? I don't see how the government won't need to force public garages/parking lots to install a crap load of L1/2 chargers. I don't think the market is flexible enough in housing to make it organic. Owners of those properties will mostly be reluctant to spend the money if their peers aren't doing the same.
There is money to be made in EV charging. Property owners will install chargers so their tenants can pay to charge while they work or sleep. The tenants benefit by not having to buy gasoline. Everybody wins.

Or, they make charging free and raise the rent to cover it.

Reactions: LYTRIDR
Speculation is that the new roundish wheel from the Semi will replace the current wheel + stalks on the 3 and Y starting around the end of this year/switch to 2023.

Man I'm glad I have my 2021 Model Y LR then. I like stalks and I think they are intuitive and useful, and I really do not like the smooth flat featureless buttons on the new S/X yoke. IMHO they are hard to use without looking down at them.

OT: I installed the Tesla app on a tablet for home use. I also connect my tablet to my phone for messaging while I'm home.

BTW: what I'd like to see is more of the information that is available in the car also made available in the app: trip info, power consumption graph, tire pressure, etc. It seems quaint/silly to have to go out to the car to check on things. PS: the service screen with tire pressure info can now (2022.24.5) be used as a crude stopwatch to tell how long you were in the store (time since you last drove the car).
Except the phone app doesn't scale to the size of the tablet as it is not native to the iPad (at least on iOS last I checked).

You can get many of those stats and more from Tessie, Stats, and several other third party apps. But you are right, would be great if it was on the Tesla app directly.

Last edited:
After experiencing the Safety Score myself as a part of the FSD Beta queue for 3 days and about 200 miles, I think I've slightly revised what I think it's really measuring.

1. Ability to watch the vehicles ahead of you (and cars that might potentially cut ahead of you) like a hawk. The only real way to maintain a 3 second following distance at 60+ MPH is constant vigilance. This also helps avoid forward collision earnings.
2. Ability to rely on Autopilot in difficult situations. Find yourself in a situation where other drivers are being aggressive, and avoiding people cutting in front of you? Pop on Autopilot, and none of those human drivers cutting in front of you and braking hard count against your score.
3. Ability to keep up the above despite clearly frustrated drivers behind you.

Also, at this point, I feel like I can say: bow before me, ye unsafe mortals.

Screenshot_20220829-211934-506.png