Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean.....there's no way this guy really thinks fleet operators are gonna pay $.43/kWh.

Didn't Elon say something ridiculous like $.07/kWh from megachargers? Even double that is totally fine.

I've always assumed that was based on them putting Solar PV at the megacharger so they can produce the power at that price or below.

His interest isn't in Twitter. The focus of his interest is the dream he had for X.com from back in his PayPal days.

He has already said that acquiring Twitter gets him to his goal about three years quicker than would starting from scratch.

Anyone who thinks he wants Twitter simply for the dumpster fire it currently is underestimates the value to Elon of starting the project with a large, diverse, and established user-base to jump start into a greater plan.

Or, maybe because he has done so poorly with SpaceX, Tesla, Boring Co., etc. it is easy to presume he doesn't have a clue and to discount his vision as being just another flash in the pan like these others?

O ye of little faith.
Meh. I'll just take him at his word when he says he no longer wants the Twitter deal. Nobody is perfect. Even Elon makes mistakes from time to time.

Doing my part, just ordered a new Model Y Performance. Someone crashed into the back of my LR Model Y a few weeks ago, totalled. I was sitting in it, stopped in traffic. Chevy Suburban hit me going at about 40 MPH. Looking at the video, she did not swerve nor brake. She says to me at the scene, "I heard those Tesla's are really good cars, I've been thinking about getting one". My reply to her, "Well if you had one, you would not have hit me". I had no injuries, not even a stiff neck! It felt more like a shove than a hard impact thanks to the accordian compression frame rail design.
Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 6.48.56 PM.png

Meh. I'll just take him at his word when he says he no longer wants the Twitter deal. Nobody is perfect. Even Elon makes mistakes from time to time.

Looks to me like the folks at Twitter made the mistake. He's simply making lemonade from their lemons. When he said he didn't want the original deal, it was only because a better deal can now be had thanks to the lever Twitter provided. That's keen business acumen on Elon's part, not a mistake. A few billion saved will go a long way toward fixing things at Twitter.

In the long run this will bode well for Tesla, and for us TSLA HODLers.

Looks to me like the folks at Twitter made the mistake. He's simply making lemonade from their lemons. When he said he didn't want the original deal, it was only because a better deal can now be had thanks to the lever Twitter provided. That's keen business acumen on Elon's part, not a mistake. A few billion saved will go a long way toward fixing things at Twitter.

In the long run this will bode well for Tesla, and for us TSLA HODLers.

So many other things bode well for Tesla, that I'm not particularly concerned about the Twitter thing, however it pans out.

Elon has admitted to many missteps in the past. From basing the original Roadster on a Lotus design rather than starting from a clean sheet, to attempting ablative cooling on the bell nozzles of his early rockets, among others. With a bit of hindsight for perspective, I expect he'll freely admit that his Twitter buyout offer was just another such misstep.

All the replies and votes about this post and I haven't seen one person yet discuss something I've been thinking about this.

She posted it last night. Looks like the high for GOOG today was ~111 so if she put a limit sell order in for 120 she hasn't sold yet.

Seems to me it would be better to get the GOOG sold at market or with a tighter limit and get that over and get into TSLA at a favorable price before a run up. Could have gotten TSLA today in the 270s. What price will she get TSLA at if she has to wait for GOOG to get back to 120 first?

Wouldn't that have been a better discussion than the first reply?
Not trying to come off prickly but maybe its because no one cares. Just because some people like their vanity and ego stroked doesnt mean everyone else needs to now discuss something this irrelevant.

Doing my part, just ordered a new Model Y Performance. Someone crashed into the back of my LR Model Y a few weeks ago, totalled. I was sitting in it, stopped in traffic. Chevy Suburban hit me going at about 40 MPH. Looking at the video, she did not swerve nor brake. She says to me at the scene, "I heard those Tesla's are really good cars, I've been thinking about getting one". My reply to her, "Well if you had one, you would not have hit me". I had no injuries, not even a stiff neck! It felt more like a shove than a hard impact thanks to the accordian compression frame rail design.View attachment 847262
Curious, how much money did you lose due to the fact that prices have gone up and you ordered a MYP now? Basically, how was your LR valued? Do you get an extra adjustment for the fact that a comparable MY LR is now costlier?

There is growing evidence GDP has been understated and will be revised upwards ~3%.

9288809C-C278-4C82-9FEB-584C71AD42BC.jpeg

The US economy has been massively outperforming its other advanced contemporaries, probably by the largest margin since WWII… Honestly, Europe and Japan are getting flat out left in the dust by the US. Also will help that US wind and solar resources are massively superior.

FYI, seems our favorite deep dive YouTuber had an impact on the battery tax credit aspects of the IRA:

View attachment 847112

Nathan Iyer is a policy analyst in the administration. And I'm not surprised a YouTuber has better info that the DOE 😂

I’m glad Manchin held out. This bill that passed is waaayaayyyy better and smarter than the ridiculous pork spree before it.

Not trying to come off prickly but maybe its because no one cares. Just because some people like their vanity and ego stroked doesnt mean everyone else needs to now discuss something this irrelevant.
She has a certain appeal but when I read her posts, my bat *sugar* crazy radar goes into yellow alert.

Curious, how much money did you lose due to the fact that prices have gone up and you ordered a MYP now? Basically, how was your LR valued? Do you get an extra adjustment for the fact that a comparable MY LR is now costlier?
I was impressed by Kemper insurance. I paid about $60k for the car with FSD. They are offering me $74k which is what a similar 2020 Model Y with FSD sells for used on Tesla's own website.

She has a certain appeal but when I read her posts, my bat *sugar* crazy radar goes into yellow alert.
Personally, I'm not a fan of attention seeking behavior in general. *I Feel* (could be wrong) that a lot (not all e.g. Rob) of the Tesla twitter community is starting to lose the plot and are trying to market themselves instead of staying on message and providing value. We've seen quite a few of these trolls show their true colors over the years (e.g. Sullins).

I dont want this to go further OT, so imo, this should be seen as an opportunity to fine tune our signal-2-noise filter as investors and triage this info into the "useless" bin. Next please!

TSLA pushed straight back to 275 to test it.

I assume this will be plastered on every media outlet and the doomed demand scenario that they’ve been predicting for the past 5 years 🙄

I can already see the headlines when Tesla drops prices in China in Q4, which I think they will. Meanwhile, they’re intentionally leave out that Tesla has always dropped prices when they have major production expansion……..and yet margins have always kept improving 🤔

Last edited:
Giga Berlin hosting an info event at a nearby community center, open for anyone who is interested. No big party, but anyone can talk to employees and learn about the factory. Kids get Model Y test rides. Good PR/networking IMHO also with regard to attracting workforce and future expansion where local support is necessary.