Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The person is unknown, correct? Or do we have a face?
39C8D361-6BF3-4B08-A0FC-7E35B1BC22E5.jpeg

The problem with selling at 24 months low and being relentless is that this induce margin calls which really screw a lot of the little guys. Him selling at the high is not only advantageous for Elon but it also doesn't cause some people to buy a rope, cause a divorce, become homeless, etc etc.

Not saying Elon has caused people to be reckless with their money, but I think being mindful goes a long way.
Is not the problem rather that people invest with leverage and assumes so much risk that a margin call cause them to buy a rope?

To me all Elon is doing currently is a sign of confidence.
He knows how FSD is evolving, he knows how StarLink is progressing, he knows how 4680 is ramping, he knows how the Tesla product lineup is looking, he knows his market share in space launch contracts, he knows the potential of Twitter long term, he knows the ramp up of Mega Packs in Lathrop, he knows....

And so on and on and on.

So where does all the short term worry come from?

The mere fact that Elon can and will turn Twitter into a powerhouse is more than anything a sign of confidence. Despite all the short term hassle.
Who said short term? My point is very much long term damage to brand. When competition is stronger and producing in volume. When moats arent so deep.

Great explanatory article about CyberTruck job postings!

Is not the problem rather that people invest with leverage and assumes so much risk that a margin call cause them to buy a rope?
We know that margin calls can cause more margin calls. Elon is forcing some investors to liquidate. Most people's lives will be okay, but a few may not be so lucky. This is why you would usually want to dump shares during relative strength vs weakness. This is exactly what Elon didn't want...an emergency sale of shares at inopportune times, and yet here we are.

It was a yes or no question and all your obfuscation failed to hide the fact that your answer was "no", and that you agree with me that Elon's actions have negatively impacted the share price this year. Hence why I say "everyone can see". You may think in the long term it will be beneficial but that's a different topic.

I think your response proves the point being made. Your use of manipulative tactics presents opinion as fact, similar to how GJ and others bend things to fit their narrative. Not saying you and GJ take the same stance, only that you share similar manipulative traits.

Many savvy investors will have developed a filter for separating the wheat from the chaff in order to base their decisions upon good information. Others can do so once they understand how to see manipulative tactics in play.

Use of absolutes when referencing any dynamic/chaotic system is a way of avoiding uncomfortable truths which negatively affect the "one true narrative" some person may hold. This prevents those people from taking into consideration the shades of grey that span the space between such a narrative and the polar opposite (some other person's "one true narrative").

That grey area is where the majority of people live. The minorities are at the extremes. Hardly "everyone" by any stretch of the imagination.

Folks who gravitate to the extremes miss that point. So, they tell themselves stories in the way they communicate with others as a way of coping with this imbalance.

Hence, the significance of terms like "Silent Majority" are often overlooked by people whose thoughts are perverted with an agenda that hinges upon a personal belief that "everyone" sees things the same way they do.

Which is, of course, impossible.

Though not investment advice, I can offer...

If you've done 6 impossible things this morning,
why not round it off with breakfast at Milliways,
the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?

Last edited:
VIX < 23 after almost 2 mths ...
Still hopium for an EOY rally ;)

You better believe there will be some serious hedging going into Nov PCE (Dec. 1st) / Dec CPI (Dec. 13th) / Dec FOMC (Dec. 14th-15th) meetings. Feels like I'm just stating the obvious here, but a continued lower print in Dec is what we really need to give this rally some serious legs.

EDIT: Also should add the JOLTS report in there. (Nov. 30th).
And as pointed out by @Drax7 - add nonfarm payrolls to this list. (Dec 2nd)

Last edited:
We know that margin calls can cause more margin calls. Elon is forcing some investors to liquidate. Most people's lives will be okay, but a few may not be so lucky. This is why you would usually want to dump shares during relative strength vs weakness. This is exactly what Elon didn't want...an emergency sale of shares at inopportune times, and yet here we are.
I’m thinking Elon is being risk adverse with his money here. If he needs this money to keep Twitter a float for years to come over what could be a long recession. Then maybe the best thing to do is to sell now. He does know that Tesla will keep executing over those years but he doesn’t know what will happen to TSLA. I doubt it but it could be suppressed with FUD for a while.

I’m thinking Elon is being risk adverse with his money here. If he needs this money to keep Twitter a float for years to come over what could be a long recession. Then maybe the best thing to do is to sell now. He does know that Tesla will keep executing over those years but he doesn’t know what will happen to TSLA. I doubt it but it could be suppressed with FUD for a while.
Does he believe FSD ;) if So .... ?

You better believe there will be some serious hedging going into Nov PCE (Dec. 1st) / Dec CPI (Dec. 13th) / Dec FOMC (Dec. 14th-15th) meetings. Feels like I'm just stating the obvious here, but a continued lower print in Dec is what we really need to give this rally some serious legs.

EDIT: Also should add the JOLTS report in there. (Nov. 30th).
Or a negative nonfarm payroll print next month.
Once employment goes negative, labor loses
pricing power.

Last edited: