Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should watch the Farzad video from yesterday. Ross Gerber (whose style I don’t generally care for) makes the point (and I agree) that nobody will be talking about twitter in a month or 2. Gary also agreed with that prediction.

This is temporary; we’ll be on to the next thing soon. It may even be a positive thing…and I plan to be prepared for that eventuality.
Didnt Gary think the overhang would end when acquisition was done? I said months ago Elon is the Overhang and that is because every think that happens on Twitter that is odd will be blamed on Elon even if it has nothing to do with what Twitter has done. I think it is incredibly naive to think in a month or 2 no one will be talking about Twitter. Not to mention the possible brand destruction isnt just about Twitter. When the person who was the fighting climate change leader all of a sudden is supporting the climate change liars some potential purchasers may be turned off. It isnt like people havent purchased inferior products in the past. Isnt that what a good deal of comparative advertising is all about. Convince people to purchase your product over another even if yours is inferior?

I’ve been thinking a lot about this; Elon is catching a lot of heat for tweeting that he was done selling, and then selling again…

I don’t expect another I’m done selling tweet from Elon. I believe that was the mistake, and it will probably follow his public image for a while.

I also don’t really think that the price he sells shares at reflects his feelings about whether TSLA is correctly valued. He has so much wealth; we all know 10, 20, or even 100 billion $ isn’t really going to affect his lifestyle or ability to effect positive change in the world going forward.
Elon's Tesla holdings are currently 'only' worth $85 billion based on Tuesday's share count. Vested 2018 CEO options are $46B before taxes.
So $100B could be a problem right now.

Does he believe FSD ;) if So .... ?
I think he does! Although, he probably has a bit of doubt in his timeline too. It’s really hard to predict exponentials. Also, it’s just going to take a while to ramp up the robotaxis and show those crazy numbers to the market. I do realize that FSD revenue will be counted before robotaxis but the real money maker is the robotaxis.

Seems very tenuous, but CFIUS may ask Twitter to curate its equity investors more to non-Chinese/Saudi sources. I would imagine that this would be negotiated, but perhaps Musk feels he needs to sell a bit of TSLA now so that he is not forced to sell in the future.
OK, that's possible. But if so, why not for the last decade, since those sources took ownership stakes? Otherwise it reeks of government-sponsored intimidation/attack of a private company due to it's less than ecstatic support of the administration and their policies. And that should be a scary thought for every American, one that can be expected to generate a response at the voting booth. Or not.

So still don't get why he chose to just sell in market and make profits for the front runners and the very people that hate him?

Would an analogy help?

WTF-Fun-Fact-Whale-Bubble-Nets-1.png

Ya he is playing 10D chess I get it
So all these sells have been to ensnare the shorties (ROFL) :rolleyes:
(+ still think he is genius, listening to the twitter interview even more impressed)

Why is God doing this to us, ... Oh he is testing us :) :) I dont have this pt of view. cheers!!

Last edited:
OK, that's possible. But if so, why not for the last decade, since those sources took ownership stakes? Otherwise it reeks of government-sponsored intimidation/attack of a private company due to it's less than ecstatic support of the administration and their policies. And that should be a scary thought for every American, one that can be expected to generate a response at the voting booth. Or not.
Yes, it would be an odious government attack on a private company, especially considering that tiktok currently is operating unhindered. But perhaps better to be prepared than having to go begging once it occurred. Elon has to worry about the points of leverage against him and his companies.

If you discount the bridge loan theory, what else could possibly have forced a sale at this time?
EM may have just come up with a number that he felt he needed for whatever reasons in the next couple of years and decided to raise it now and that is it.

He doesn't care about money like regular people. He just wants it out of the way.

Also, I am thinking that he may not tweet anything about the sale this time around. What would he say?

"The selling is done."
-You LIAR you said that before! RAGE RAGE RAGE FRAUD PONZI

"I know I said that before, but things changed, and things do change but unless nothing changes going forward I am done selling until i need to pay taxes or some such thing - wait a minute, why am I bothering? No matter what I write it will foment rage and create FUD and I don't owe anyone anything in the end, screw it."

We may just have to figure it out for ourselves.

Based on what, and for what? Just because some politician flaps his lips to some media talking head, doesn't mean they have any basis for a lawsuit. Now, the most likely one would have been for collaborating/colluding to suppress information from differing viewpoints. But, 1) those days are over 2) the information they were suppressing (and in turn promoting) was at the bidding of gov and 3) it's a private company, there is no promise of free speech. So, what path does the gov have to come at Twitter?

The only other thing they have is the quick layoffs, but paying severance 50% higher than required, plus the nature and potential for harm from disgruntled employees, certainly should help mitigate that.

In the not-distant future, I expect Elon to make significant improvements to Twitter, that they will turn around (are already picking up new users) and will finally make a profit. And achieve his goal of an actual "digital town square". Never bet against Elon Musk. Though I do wish he'd cut back on the twitting for a while.

Based on the agreement with the FTC, for which Twitter has already paid $150M in fines. (And under which FTC could bring another suit.)