Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard firsthand how the Twitter debacle and SP drop are impacting employees' morale? Is it immune to all the noise thanks to FUD and controversies? Are stock options (to be or already paid) accounts for a significant % of the remuneration?
I've been wondering the same thing...they work really hard, put in the hours, and then their company's valuation is shot because the CEO decides to buy a social media platform....hahahaha. what a kick in the crotch.

Last edited:
OT... my day trading 25 shares (again) is paying for coffee at least. Even though it's just a $100 here and there, it's still something and so my brain tells me I'm winning the game. It also makes it more fun trying to guess the peaks. I realize it might not catch some of the wind if I'm out when it pops, which is why only 25 shares.
I was out getting coffee and missed my ride by a few seconds.
Anyone think it will hit 180 again? (Not everyone at once please).

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Please expand what you are saying here.

Tax strategy. Use Judo on the shortzes + hedgies. Execute Options for cheap. Sell later at Capital Gains rate rather than pay high Income + Payroll taxes now (this last point is sticky). Do share buybacks for half-price. Depend on fundamentals to return SP level to its natural trajectory (based on 50% CAGR + Operational Leverage). Make today's shortz the baghoders. Don't even talk about Tesla Network, Optimus 'Bot, rebuilding the world electrical grid, and off-world too.

But folks here know that Elon can't play chess, so... :p

Cheers to the Longs!

What a world we live in, self made hell.

Man has changed the word, decided to have some pocket change for stuff he wants and all he gets is sugar and hate. Myopic mob is the worst disease ever.

This has been portrayed well in timeless episode of The Twilight Zone - The Shelter. This forum is identical to the mob when things seem to go south. No need to apologize once this is over.

Explain something for me in simple terms. Do you think Elon's actions involving Twitter this year have had zero negative impacts on the share price?

I have tried to be clear that IMHO there are millions of variables that can affect a share price at any given moment. So, claiming zero would not fall into that realm of possibilities.

If, instead, you were to ask me whether I thought that Elon's Twitter purchase and all the hubbub around it may have influenced some people (not "everyone") to make poor decisions regarding news writing, stock purchases, and things which bolstered the click-bait world into creating FUD. I would say it is certainly possible and quite likely, but I could not prove that with any degree of certainty. Neither could you.

So, I would not go so far as making claims in absolute terms the way you do, because logic and reason dictate there is no way to support such statements beyond a fragile emotional foundation. Such statements are built upon the same matter as is FUD, and carry as much import as any other lie or misrepresentation would.

You seem to actually care, but repeatedly torpedo your own attempts at expressing this by representing a personal opinion as if it were indisputable fact. This undermines the credibility of the statement by those who reject such manipulative tactics.

Is that simple enough?

Explain something for me in simple terms. Do you think Elon's actions involving Twitter this year have had zero negative impacts on the share price?
Has had negative effect. Long term; will have a very positive effect. Hence I want to support it, so somebody please tell me where, on Twitter, do I click to pay my $8??

If Mods deem to delete my post, I understand they have a necessary job to do and there will always be many sides to those decisions and will occasionally we'll disagree with them.

---

This mod (RSF) has given up on intervening in this thread and is enjoying a sabbatical leave of undetermined duration. I cannot speak for the other mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks,

We saw the highest Pre-Market volume in TSLA history this morning: 11,520,895 (11.5M) shares traded, which is 8.4% above the previous record high for TSLA Pre-Market Volume:

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes​

Data last updated Nov 10, 2022 09:30 AM ET.
This page will resume updating on Nov 11, 2022 04:00 AM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$192.65 +15.06 (+8.48%)
Pre-Market Volume11,520,895
Pre-Market High$193.64 (09:24:42 AM)
Pre-Market Low$172.01 (08:10:16 AM)

View attachment 873178

P.S. In the 1st 15 min of the Main Session, a further 16,245,234 (16.2M) shares have traded. Lower-BB tagged.

View attachment 873179

Threes for the Longs! ;)
40 million traded in the first 30 minutes

U.S. Economic Calendar - MarketWatch | (today's excerpt)

Core CPI came it at 0.2% below the forecast value, and at half the previous month:

THURSDAY, NOV. 10DateActualForecastPrevious
2 amFed Gov. Christopher Waller speaks on central bank digital currencies
8:30 amConsumer price index (monthly change)Oct.0.4%0.6%0.4%
8:30 amCore CPI (monthly change)Oct.0.3%0.5%0.6%
8:30 amCPI (12-month change)Oct.7.7%7.9%8.2%
8:30 amCore CPI (12-month change)Oct.6.3%6.5%6.6%
8:30 amInitial jobless claimsNov. 5225,000220,000218,000
8:30 amContinuing jobless claimsOct. 291.49 million--1.49 million
8:30 amReal average hourly earningsOct.-0.1%---0.1%

(Market loving it)

What people dont get about worry about potential brand destruction is it isnt a short term risk, it is a long term risk. 1st it is a risk that may not materialize. 2nd it may be just cut sales say a small percentage each year, but overtime it could compound. Does it make it harder for Tesla to go from 1.4 million sales in 2022 to 2.1 million in 2023? Likely no. What about 2.1 million to 3.2 million in 2024? Maybe a little harder. What about 3.2 million in 2024 to 4.8 million in 2025? Maybe even harder.