Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. You arent. We both have. He served his purpose. I want Tesla to be a 2 - 4 trillion dollar company. Musk was the guy to get us to 1 but Apple would have never gotten to 2 if Tim Cook had been inserting himself into politics and pissing people off all the time.
Apple would be at $5 trillion if Musk had taken over as CEO after Jobs passed.

Cook is an amazing CEO, but Jobs and Musk are next level. Jobs and Musk make empire building machines. Cook just drives the empire building machine Jobs created exceptionally well.

No. You arent. We both have. He served his purpose. I want Tesla to be a 2 - 4 trillion dollar company. Musk was the guy to get us to 1 but Apple would have never gotten to 2 if Tim Cook had been inserting himself into politics and pissing people off all the time.
Congratulations! You have made my ignore list.

Apple earns $100B per year now and maintains a PE ratio around 20-25, slightly more than the S&P 500.

If Tim Cook had been more politically active, would that have stopped Apple from making so much money? If not, would the PE ratio be irrationally low forever? Would that even matter if Apple just kept doing buybacks or eventually dividends?

Sounds like this is an echo chamber. Yikes.
You made a huge assertion. Boldly post it with zero actual data to back it up in a place you should know would dispute it. Are you are actually surprised that you got pushback?

I mean… you could at least make a tiny effort to back your assertion up with something.

EDIT: This topic is almost guaranteed to drift into OT and is likely already there. Sorry folks. Last post on this.

I wouldn't be overly concerned. Did you notice that Gwynne Shotwell has taken over operations at Starbase / Boca Chica, Texas? Elon's got great lieutenants now at all his businesses, simply because he's been CEO for so long.
Hmm. (Apologies for the double reply, but this just occurred to me).

If Shotwell is taking over operations at Starbase does this mean Musk is content with Raptor production? I swear not long ago Musk said that was his biggest priority. I hadn’t really thought much about the whole changing of the guards at Starbase, but if Musk is content with Raptor production at the moment, that’s a pretty monumental task off his plate.

Today they did a static fire with 14 engines and all 33 engines were mounted so possible 33 engine static fire test soon. We might see this SOB fly soon.

1668464066022.png

Starship plus FSD full release were Musks big ticket goals for 2023…. Seems like we’re getting very close to both.

FSD beta now over 95% of trips w/o critical disengagement for first time with 10.69.2.4. And over 90% of those disengagements are map / navigation related. That means if you cut the errors that are map / navigation related in half, you'll jump up to 97-98%.

As Tesla's map / lane selection algorithms improve along with the rest of the stack, we'll easily surpass 99% and be focusing on achieving 99.9%.

I expect 99% to be reached early next year and 99.9% to be reached before the end of 2023. Not robotaxi level yet, but damn good.

The March of Nines will commence in 2023.

FhjomceUAAEsgXt

Apple would be at $5 trillion if Musk had taken over as CEO after Jobs passed.

Cook is an amazing CEO, but Jobs and Musk are next level. Jobs and Musk make empire building machines. Cook just drives the empire building machine Jobs created exceptionally well.
So...

Musk = FSD
Jobs = Enhanced Auto pilot
Tim Cook = Autopilot

FSD beta now over 95% of trips w/o critical disengagement for first time with 10.69.2.4. And over 90% of those disengagements are map / navigation related. That means if you cut the errors that are map / navigation related in half, you'll jump up to 97-98%.

As Tesla's map / lane selection algorithms improve along with the rest of the stack, we'll easily surpass 99% and be focusing on achieving 99.9%.

I expect 99% to be reached early next year and 99.9% to be reached before the end of 2023. Not robotaxi level yet, but damn good.

FhjomceUAAEsgXt

I’m hoping those reporting critical disengagements are being too harsh.

if I understand the term correctly, we need to get to 500k miles between critical disengagements.

if I understand the term correctly, we need to get to 500k miles between critical disengagements.
If Tesla wants to send me replacement wheels and pay for a new alignment/suspension parts over letting the car smack a curb or median in exchange for less disengagements, fine.

There are many reasons this data is skewed but one I want to mention is selection bias.

The people using FSD beta, and moreso the people logging miles & disengagements, and even moreso Youtubers - are purposely picking very difficult routes to challenge the system. They are not the boring routes that most people take with the same ratio as reality.

Speculating, but this probably skews the disengagements up at least one order of magnitude than what they would be in "reality".

Depends on your definition of "too harsh". I went three miles before disengaging on the latest release. This is two miles better than the previous release. It just starts and stops way too abruptly--even in chill mode. Sometimes it can see the stop light but accelerates anyway rather than keeping the same speed or slowing down.

FhjomceUAAEsgXt

LOL. And I can’t make it thru the first intersection, or the one after that as both require choosing one of 3 lanes and the car still fails 100 percent of the time. Having said that it does a lot of things a lit smoother than it did a couple versions ago. Baby steps.