Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The current stock price is insane.
Rivian have made no dent, Lucid still struggle to make any serious amount of EVs. GM are miles away from a serious scaling strategy, VW just basically admitted they are useless, and toyota still believe in the hydrogen fairy.

Meanwhile Tesla are scaling like crazy, 2 factories ramping, and a new product gets delivered in just under 2 weeks time.
And people out there must be SELLING tesla stock?

Seriously considering selling a huge pile of other stocks I have, to double down on TSLA. this price is absolutely insane.
The twitter mess pollutes tesla stock, regretfully.

the stock is reaching what I calculate to be
discounted future liquidation value. That means
very cheap.

if we are heading back into a recession, staying
highly liquid is great insurance. A buyback to
support the stock at this point is not
prudent In my view.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but given how strongly TSLA keeps wanting to dive lower and lower, even on positive macro days, I honestly think we could see a share price close to Chicken's $140 before we get Q4 earnings. It just seems like nothing positive registers for TSLA yet everything negative hits really hard, the downward pressure is excessive.

PE of 40 by January anybody? :p
I’m pretty bearish on the next 6 weeks but I still think it would take the macros taking another big leg lower and a new low 5-10% lower than the last one for TSLA to get into the territory of 140/share.

There is a valuation out there, hard as it may seem, where investors view TSLA as too cheap to ignore. Even with Elon’s antics. We’ll find out where that valuation is in the next 6 weeks

You do not need to denigrate Magna to understand Fisker. Magna Steyr is the manufacturer and is an auto contract builder for many companies, just look at the list:
magna-steyr
Fisker is another story:
He has had some cars he designed that became successful, more or less:
BMW Z8, Aston Martin DB9, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Fisker Karma, Galpin-Fisker Mustang Rocket, VLF Force 1 V10, VLF Destino V8, Fisker EMotion, Fisker Ocean, and Fisker Orbit.
They have all been small volume and all, in my opinion, valued form over substance.

He did have a role in design of the Tesla Model S but:

Simply stated, Fiskers own history shows why his new efforts will not end out successful, just as most of his others have had modest success at best. The BMW Z8 and the Aston Martin's have been the successes.

So, Fisker himself explains it all. Frankly the real question is how he's conned Magna Steyr to build Fiskers. They can build any cars at all, as they've proven, but they do insist on being paid and Fisker is not noted for designing profitable vehicles. Allegedly none of his designs have been profitable. The BMW Z8 was an M5 mechanically, and had under 6,000 ever made. Nevertheless, it was Fisker's sales triumph.

That track record is rather unenviable, but somehow he still can raise enough money to try. Just don't expect anything other than good build quality, if they actually happen at all.
You made my point for me. Sorry if you took my reference to Magna as a slur, it was not meant that way. And I'm fully aware of Fisker's history, but thanks for bringing it up as many may not be.

My post was directed at the efforts by MSM to glorify companys like Fisker, Lucid, et al, while either ignoring Tesla's past and future success and/or posting headlines about a "recall" of 2017-2020 models S and X, when in fact it's nothing but a firmware update for ~1,000 vehicles. Just an example of the damning headlines but when you read the articles it's typically "meh"...

Nasdaq is flat , TSLA down 2.5%……so let’s not make excuses.

TSLA is being targeted daily, non stop. As I mentioned in a post yesterday, this is a moment in time that shorts and hedge funds won’t get again. They’re going to make the most of the next 6 weeks to pummel TSLA as low as they can possibly get it.
6 weeks or 2 weeks?
If they delivery a dozen+ Semis and release specs and provide guidance of 100 Semis for this year and 50K by 2024, SP gets a boost.
(Next week, 3&1/2 trading days might however be bear raid time ...)

The NASDAQ could lose another 10%. That means TSLA could lose 20-40%. Buyback at these levels makes no sense and won’t stop the selling. When risk of recession is gone, they can start the buy back.
Did we not witness what covid did to the markets ;)
Right now market is down due to inflation fears ...
Recession - Fed cuts rates - finally markets are happy :)

we are in an upside down world :)

Did we not witness what covid did to the markets ;)
Right now market is down due to inflation fears ...
Recession - Fed cuts rates - finally markets are happy :)

we are in an upside down world :)
Quantitative Easing at the start of and throughout the pandemic, which led to crazy asset inflation, involved a lot more than just slicing the fed funds rate

Reactions: jschwefel
I just hope more people lose their jobs and foreclosures start back up, then the market will really take off! ;)
i hope not, but that's how market works it seems. Every time there is a layoff, SP get's a boost :(
of course there is soft landing, mild recession, tipping point and extreme recession .... Fed prints money and lowers rate before the tipping point :)

Last edited:
It does not say they will be delivered.

This is probably just the final design validation build to fully test the production design. Usually production design but the tooling is not yet production. i.e. soft tools and/or lack of automated assembly.
The part I think is sketch is that they are calling it hand-built.

It would make more sense if they were using these to test out some or most of the assembly line while producing them.

I would say almost a certainty 😅

There also have been some rumours that they’re planning to IPO Lamborghini. Selling of all the money making parts and brands isn’t a good look imo.
If VW could figure out how to market and sell their "farfegnugan", they would! Oh, wait...they already did!

To my eye, it looks like the faction within VW who thinks the most profitable thing to do is to minimize losses over the next several years by winding down the business, has finally won. In my opinion, surrendering is mentally harder than fighting a losing battle, and this is probably their best option from an economic perspective. No one wins when a company ramps up spending and then dramatically implodes.