Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon mentioned on a recent Spaces call that he was late due to an urgent board meeting matter.

Quick question: Do you think it's related to share buy backs or delivery issues, or something else (i.e. related to Tesla Brand destruction)?

I'd wager it's none of the things you listed. It could be any one of hundreds of possibilities, many of which would likely seem very mundane to us.

Few weeks ago i ran into a guy at local YMCA whose son is doing Surgery residency in NYC and this family is a huge fan of Audis and Mercedes. this guy bought an all electric Audi for his son for i am guessing north of $75K or something, it might have been higher. i think it's called Audi Etron or so. i really do not keep up with any other EVs beside Tesla so i am not 100% sure of the exact name and make. anyway for same or higher price than Tesla range was pathetic 225 miles. yesterday, this guy complains his son wants to return that car because "slow charger is not working, only fast charger is working and my son has to go to home depot to charge the car". it takes him 45 minutes and Audi has backlog for a while for necessary parts-weeks to months. i wasted less than 60 seconds hearing his complaints and made a quick exit.
some guys never ever learn. why not buy a Tesla? i love all my Teslas and yes the cars do occasionally have problems which are easily fixed, they are almost 100% maintenance free and i could go on.
anyway, i am amazed at how some will spend their money in buying subpar products. it is like choosing to live in North Korea instead of USA. no offense to North Koreans

@Krugerrand's next cat... for those elongated conversations ,;-)
Screenshot_20221211-073825.png

Elon mentioned on a recent Spaces call that he was late due to an urgent board meeting matter.

Quick question: Do you think it's related to share buy backs or delivery issues, or something else (i.e. related to Tesla Brand destruction)?

I belive Elon is involved in more companies so it wasn't necessarily a Tesla board meeting?

I belive Elon is involved in more companies so it wasn't necessarily a Tesla board meeting?
Well Tesla is the only publically traded class C corporation among the firms he "owns" ( i.e. has the most shares), so it's probably the only one that has a BOD.

Have we bots writing posts in this forum (other than @ZeApelido and, of course, me)? But more seriously, if this is not requesting divulging a secret sauce, how do YOU know of what you just posted?

Asking for……humanity.
@AudubonB
"......Synopsis: It’s 2027 and Mental Endeavours Ltd has a problem with their flagship robot Günther. How do you program an intelligent machine not to annihilate humanity? And if its intelligence is skyrocketing faster than anyone could have predicted, are they about to run out of time?...."

Few weeks ago i ran into a guy at local YMCA whose son is doing Surgery residency in NYC and this family is a huge fan of Audis and Mercedes. this guy bought an all electric Audi for his son for i am guessing north of $75K or something, it might have been higher. i think it's called Audi Etron or so. i really do not keep up with any other EVs beside Tesla so i am not 100% sure of the exact name and make. anyway for same or higher price than Tesla range was pathetic 225 miles. yesterday, this guy complains his son wants to return that car because "slow charger is not working, only fast charger is working and my son has to go to home depot to charge the car". it takes him 45 minutes and Audi has backlog for a while for necessary parts-weeks to months. i wasted less than 60 seconds hearing his complaints and made a quick exit.
some guys never ever learn. why not buy a Tesla? i love all my Teslas and yes the cars do occasionally have problems which are easily fixed, they are almost 100% maintenance free and i could go on.
anyway, i am amazed at how some will spend their money in buying subpar products. it is like choosing to live in North Korea instead of USA. no offense to North Koreans
Heard a similar story from one of the medical rep who bought the first Audi Etron 2 years ago, his son who commutes 250km a day bought a Tesla Model 3 SR. For half the price he had similar range. Now his son wants to turn the Tesla back in and sell it because it had 70,000 km and he scared of problems happening after 80k when the warranty is over. His dad wants to go back to a gas Audi because he has problem reaching multiple hospitals during the winter because of the range loss and public chargers are slow or non functional.

And even more FUD from another FUD rag this morning. First thing that popped on Google this morning. And all based on the opinions of a couple independents from Wyoming who aren't even the target customers right now.

Last edited:
Heard a similar story from one of the medical rep who bought the first Audi Etron 2 years ago, his son who commutes 250km a day bought a Tesla Model 3 SR. For half the price he had similar range. Now his son wants to turn the Tesla back in and sell it because it had 70,000 km and he scared of problems happening after 80k when the warranty is over. His dad wants to go back to a gas Audi because he has problem reaching multiple hospitals during the winter because of the range loss and public chargers are slow or non functional.
The biggest positive of the fat etron is flat charging curve from 0-80% (~140KW) but that means Jack if the chargers are slow or inoperable.

Eventually after the megachargers network are built up. Currently companies are buying it for the "cool" factor as a wrapped Tesla semi garnish attention and has advertisement value. Trust me all those companies who pre-ordered are not paying the original asking price nor are they calculating TCO right now.
I can pretty much guarantee that nearly every one is a TCO study and to test in their fleets for a 2 year period before considering large fleet changes. That is they they are sampling.

Reactions: wtlloyd and Thumper
I mean, sure. Ok. It’d be like watching Portugal play Switzerland, but whatever. Candy and babies. Candy and babies.
Are you certain it's not like Morocco play Portugal?
Do babies not resist losing candy?
Just jump 2 1/2 meters and enjoy!!
Morocco, BTW, now has Superchargers all the way from Tangier to Agadir so there really should be at least one Tesla store and service center. Until that happens all those wealthy footballers and their fans will have no place to buy their Tesla inside Morocco. Really, they should not need to import from Spain!

And even more FUD from another FUD rag this morning. First thing that popped on Google this morning. And all based on the opinions of a couple independents from Wyoming who aren't even the target customers right now.

Why do you call it a FUD rag?😇 I really liked the article shown to the right of your admittedly ridiculous one:
Incredible Tesla Semi motorhome design that can drive up to 500mi revealed.
Well, other than the ripped & restitched seat upholstery in one of the renders.

@AudubonB
"......Synopsis: It’s 2027 and Mental Endeavours Ltd has a problem with their flagship robot Günther. How do you program an intelligent machine not to annihilate humanity? And if its intelligence is skyrocketing faster than anyone could have predicted, are they about to run out of time?...."

And the AI driven Android/robot says "Easy peezy lemon squeeze me'... LMAO!!!

Whoever is playing that role should get a Yemmy!

IRT the RV, that could possibly get an even larger pack (or at least an aux pack) to support running accessories.

Inputs for portable solar would also be pretty sweet.
Pretty cool render! Maybe 3 or 4 years off? Before they can modify a Semi they have to get their hands on one. Based on what Airstream is working on, I would bet there would be serious competition by then... and that's great! The more the merrier and less air and noise pollution. Having endured the noise of generators while camping i welcome it!

In the interim, perhaps Tesla can sell a solar powered Powerwall specifically for outdoor excursions.

While smart people can drive a Tesla, the market for EV's is driven by Tesla.

Funny but sad story. Longtime ago a friend worked for x company whose shares were worth x. That company was taken over by a corp raider who eventually broke it apart. Someone said to sell yore shares at no matter the lost but my friend didn't listen and the value per shared ended up being worthless down to pennies. So yea, you haven't lost anything right, but... on the other hand it could end up being a whole lot of shares of nothing in the end.
That is one reason why serious HODL people keep studying everything they can about each holding, not to trade, but to sell when disaster is imminent. Over the years I've sold several before the keenly developed disdain for the obvious set in to the overall market.
Examples: Xerox, Polaroid, Eastman Kodak. All three had huge competitive advantage in technology, all three tried to protect their turf rather than continue innovating.
Today we have Tesla, BioNTech and some others which have had great success and continue innovation as quickly as they can. Those two both have seen large share price drops because the 'analysts' think the 'big guys' will come and eat them up.

The moral is, if we see Tesla stop or slow innovation it is time to sell. Until and unless that happens HODL works well because the markets have no awareness or concern about sustainable advantages.

That is why they all missed the coming disaster of Kodak, Polaroid and Xerox. After all they were invincible.

Last edited:
That is one reason why serious HODL people keep studying everything they can about each holding, not to trade, but to sell when disaster is imminent. Over the years I've sold several before the keenly developed disdain for the obvious set in to the overall market.
Examples: Xerox, Polaroid, Eastman Kodak. All three had huge competitive advantage in technology, all three tried to protect their turf rather than continue innovating.
Today we have Tesla, BioNTech and some others which have had great success and continue innovation as quickly as they can. Those two both have seen large share price drops because the 'analysts' think the 'big guys' will come and eat them up.

The moral is, if we see Tesla stop or slow innovation it is time to sell. Until and unless that happens JODL works well because the markets have no awareness or concern about sustainable advantages.

That is why they all missed the coming disaster of Kodak, Polaroid and Xerox. After all they were invincible.
JODL? A new FLA?