Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Piper M series certified Autoland is a giant step: M600/SLS Aircraft | HALO Safety System & Autoland | Piper
As usual that development is from Garmin. Thus Piper, Cirrus and Daher all are getting it.
The Cirrus VisionJet already has an energy parachute for the aircraft, as do their spiston aircraft. The TBM 940 from Daher has the most capable Turboprop single engine aircraft now in service.

These are impressive advances, although they really are far simpler than are FSD in a car.
FWIW, I used to fly the TBM and a Citation 525 single pilot. That is becoming more common. I would have been wildly enthusiastic to have emergency autoland. MY regular non-pilot passenger never enjoyed emergency landing studies and practice.

I wonder if it would be wise to position FSD as similar to airplane autopilot landing assistance and Autoland. For sure that is why Elon chose the name. Sadly, non-pilots usually don't understand how autopilots are always aids, even when they actually fly a Cat IIIc approach.

So you think robotaxis are impossible?
I think Waymo and other geo-fenced companies have proved that limited robotaxis are possible.

The question is - is a "generic" robotaxi possible with HW3. The pace of improvement (miles per disengagement) over the last year shows small but meaningful improvement. But we need to see 100x to 100x improvement for robotaxi to happen.

I think I'm comfortable now in saying robotaxi with HW3 will not happen in the next 5 years.

That's the only location for the Cherokee. Just read it verbatim.
Yeah, after I posted it (I deleted the post you replied to, but you were too fast!), another post said they were producing them in Mexico too.

Its funny, so used to Tesla’s method of production, the idea that a car which is produced in that low volume being produced at 2 facilities just didn’t seem right.

Yeah, after I posted it (I deleted the post you replied to, but you were too fast!), another post said they were producing them in Mexico too.

Its funny, so used to Tesla’s method of production, the idea that a car which is produced in that low volume being produced at 2 facilities just didn’t seem right.
I'd imagine there will be more plant shutdowns in the future. And remember I think it was Ford or GM just laying off ICE workers instead of re-training. I guess that's one way of transitioning?

Heard a similar story from one of the medical rep who bought the first Audi Etron 2 years ago, his son who commutes 250km a day bought a Tesla Model 3 SR. For half the price he had similar range. Now his son wants to turn the Tesla back in and sell it because it had 70,000 km and he scared of problems happening after 80k when the warranty is over. His dad wants to go back to a gas Audi because he has problem reaching multiple hospitals during the winter because of the range loss and public chargers are slow or non functional.
one of biggest mistakes i ever made in realm of car buying was electing to buy gas car back in 2016 instead of Tesla. i bought Hyundai genesis instead of Tesla back in 2016 because was afraid of hassle of installing home charger! anyways, corrected that mistake in 2018 when bought Tesla model X and got rid of all my ICE cars. between 2018 and 2022 i bought model 3, model y, 3 Model X including plaid, 2 model S including plaid. got rid of 2 and have 5 of those 7 teslas. love all of them except 2018 X which for some reason does not have FSD despite paying for it. will probably exchange it for a CT in 2023 or 2024. am at point where i don't even tell anybody to buy a Tesla or TSLA stock. in my opinion, if they are too short-sighted to prefer subpar EV cars or ICE vehicles over a tesla , that is certainly their choice. Individuals should have freedom to make wrong choices in life and live with consequences of their decisions.
i do see so many Teslas on road every single day, clearly Americans appreciate quality products and thank God many of us care enough for environment and also for our financial well being not to make mistake i made back in 2016. at least i did not make mistake of not buying Tesla stock in 2016.
anyways, writing is on the wall. Tesla will take over the world. good luck to those who buy any other car beside Tesla or any other stock beside TSLA. may be they will have the last laugh but i have a feeling that is not exactly how it will play out.

Most people don't seem to register that the Cherokee will now be built in the Stellantis plant in Tulsa, Mexico. Belvidere has been repeatedly retrofitted to produce a wide array of Chrysler models, then the Cherokee. I'm told that for several years they've been debating how to close the plant. It has been shrinking for several years and ended out with a single shift as the Cherokee had dwindling sales. They had no appetite, apparently, to retrofit the plant for EV, not least because the 1960's era plant isn't well designed for modification.

Is this a digg like calling CNBC CNBS? I tried googling Tulsa, Mexico but it just offered me flights from Tulsa to Mexico.

Is this a digg like calling CNBC CNBS? I tried googling Tulsa, Mexico but it just offered me flights from Tulsa to Mexico.

The Stellantis Toluca Assembly Plant (opened by Chrysler in 1968) is 60 km West of Mexico City. They been building the Jeep Compass there since 2016.

Toluca Car Assembly - Wikipedia