Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GS analcyst ‘23/24 earnings expectations.
Any idea how one can come up with $4.90 for ‘23 and $5.60 for ‘24 EPS?

I honestly don't know how he got those numbers. My model is VERY conservative, and even my EPS numbers for 2023 ($5.88) and 2024 ($8.04) handily beat those. And I fully concede my estimates are lowball numbers and likely not high enough compared to what reality will be!!!

Eh, at least Tesla will safely beat estimates like those. :cool:

It takes a special kind of *ss to gloat when some people on this board are either stressed over the net worth they've lost and/or facing a margin call.

Love that you're repeating your PT of 70. Care to do the math behind that PT of 70? Oh wait, I already did it...and guess what? You don't know what you're talking about 🤷‍♂️
Well, I definitely don’t have a clue in how to predict stocks and I have mentioned that every time. So whatever you do don’t follow my intuition. I do know that TESLA fundamentals are kinda out the window with TSLA though. Math doesn’t work for me with this company but I hope it works for you and you make better decisions than I have.

Gloating? Nah. Just sharing my investment journey with TSLA like everybody else who is underwater with their TSLA investment. Sorry you find it offensive.

Best of luck with the stock. 👍

To tell you the truth my wife & I refrain from discussing any politics with any Americans we rum into locally, because we figure there is a 50/50 chance they are going to reveal themselves to be psychotic **** supporters.

During more than 50years living in quite a number of highly different countries I have learned one strong lesson. NEVER discuss politics directly outside of an environment explicitly encouraging that discussion and there be very careful. I have expressed more than a few political views on various threads here.

Since 2019 any political discussions have become fraught. IT my personal discussions even with family members I no longer discuss politics, unless with someone who's clearly on a similar perspective as am I. Before 2019 I sometimes even discussed these issue with Americans, now I do so with two people, but of whom have been colleagues for decades.

The discussions here seem now to be bent on destroying any credibility in Elon Musk. I do not understand that. I do understand that FUDsters make every single utterance he makes is represented as conspiracy-theory laden.

Can practically smell the anticipation of hitting those stop losses at 150 hedge funds and shorts. Barring a Fed pivot, not just only a .50 rate increase , it’s a foregone conclusion at this point.
Quick one, who sets the stop losses? Investment Broker on behalf of client? Do clients have ability to prevent it from happening without pulling out of their fund entirely? Stop the Stop Losses...

It takes a special kind of *ss to gloat when some people on this board are either stressed over the net worth they've lost and/or facing a margin call.

Love that you're repeating your PT of 70. Care to do the math behind that PT of 70? Oh wait, I already did it...and guess what? You don't know what you're talking about 🤷‍♂️
Well, I definitely don’t have a clue in how to predict stocks and I have mentioned that every time. So whatever you do don’t follow my intuition. I do know that TESLA fundamentals are kinda out the window with TSLA though. Math doesn’t work for me with this company but I hope it works for you and you make better decisions than

Gloating? Nah. Just sharing my investment journey with TSLA like everybody else who is underwater with their TSLA investment. Sorry you find it offensive.

Best of luck with the stock. 👍
1:40 stock split for $10 😁
Count me in on that. 😊

Coming up on the 155 that a couple months ago I kinda thought we would hit by Christmas. I got lots of laughs on that one and quotes of PE numbers etc. 😊

But changing our mind on buying now. Might be a mistake but we’ll stick with the few long term shares we have and look at it again if it gets into the 70’s.

$70's? You really think the PE for TSLA has a chance of falling under 20?

That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see how that plays out....😕

@gene - you keep sounding like a broken record now.

So, a couple of your friends did not get a Tesla because they turned woke-nuts and Tesla is supposed to go under? Okay. Damage?

Last time I checked, Tesla is on track to sell over a million cars this year and it is just the beginning.

Some people will never get it and will never be unplugged.
Or are the friends of @gene holding off on their December orders so they can get $7,500 off the same purchase in January?

$70's? You really think the PE for TSLA has a chance of falling under 20?

That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see how that plays out....😕
Yah probably not good. Our first instinct was to buy if it hit 155 before Christmas which I thought could happen. Now with the daily drops of 5 to 7 percent everyday I’m chickening out from that…but that might be a mistake. I just have this feeling if it drops below 150 there might be a race for the bottom and the bounce won’t be significant with the current management climate. In my case it would be a small number of shares anyway but still. Anyway, just puttin it out there so people can have fun chuckin it back at me when it’s 250 next month. 😊

FWIW, almost every discussion/story I see about Tesla is about Elon. There are very few, if any, sites/stories about any of the things that are of substance as the Elon overhang is simply too large.

To have a discussion board where we do not address this is simply pointless.

I'd love it if some activist investor decided to make a play for control of Tesla. I would definitely vote to have Elon removed as CEO .... as would many.

His usefulness is gone and he is no longer necessary for Tesla to flourish, in fact, he is holding the company back.

I honestly don't know how he got those numbers. My model is VERY conservative, and even my EPS numbers for 2023 ($5.88) and 2024 ($8.04) handily beat those. And I fully concede my estimates are lowball numbers and likely not high enough compared to what reality will be!!!

Eh, at least Tesla will safely beat estimates like those. :cool:

He’s just justifying the PT decrease any way he can.