Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe we can pause for just a bit before making assumptions about Elon's selling since if he did sell, he is required to file a form 2 days after selling (at the latest). If no forms were filed, he didn't sell.
My trading experience tells me the candles we saw at the opening yesterday had a high chance of being Elon's. We'll see tonight. To be frank, at this point, I don't care if he sold or not. They're his shares. He can choose to be at Twitter. It's his time.

However, I do expect Q4 to be good. I don't want any excuse as to why we missed x,y and z.

He mentions Nuclear should be ramped and building a new reactor takes 10+ years. Newest in France and Georgia have been under construction for 15 years. I believe Elon of old would have at least congratulated the scientists.
But Nuclear power plants do generate energy. Fusion is still very much stuck in the research lab and may never be viable.

Anyways, why are people talking about what Elon didn’t say? It is very odd.

IIRC James Douma said in an interview that a common modeling mistake for either a conservative or a bullish prediction was to shade all factors in one direction or the other. By doing that, you’re moving to an unrealistic conservative target whereby ALL of the events you’re picking conservatively come to pass. That’s why looking at a top or bottom 10% in a Monte Carlo run is better. You’re probably modeling a bottom 1% case by being conservative in all of those areas.

Yep. So I'll be very pleasantly surprised when (IF) the stock performs much better than I expect! :D

It’s so interesting how people can watch the same thing and have a radically different view. Mad respect for you. To me, it was continued hawkishness across the board and him nearly laughing at any idea of a pivot. The way I read this was higher for longer, even higher and even longer than we thought last month. I’m happy I’ll have more time to buy more TSLA at silly low levels and hopefully Aspen realestate continues to crumble. I’m happy. 😂

JPow can say what he wants, but the market will start to look past him if the data keeps reinforcing a disinflationary trend.

JPow can say what he wants, but the market will start to look past him if the data keeps reinforcing a disinflationary trend.
Indeed. FFR future didn't change much following his speech. everything he said was expected and scripted.
1671056065961.png

Wow, something positive.

After starting off positive, the article of course had to offer dissenting views, but it ended with how many here feel.

“Instead, Morgan Stanley might be arguing for a healthy dose of cautious optimism. In the short term, it remains pretty evident that many tech stocks could continue to fall. Still, for those willing to hold their position, perhaps until recession worries pass by, they may be in for a fantastic opportunity.”

When you dig into the details, while it is a "breakthrough" because more energy was extracted than put it, it's still far FAR off from being scaled.

Probably why he didn't comment, you won't see one of these built out as a reactor anytime soon.
It's still a huge breakthrough. Much like the first sustained fission chain reaction achieved by Enrico Fermi and his team of scientists at the University of Chicago in 1942. I'm also surprised that Elon hasn't commented yet.

What, this isn't a new thing?

Sounds like it was written yesterday, not four years ago. I wonder what he's thinking now.
Therapy takes time: said by every therapist when questioned by their patients as to why they weren’t getting better after 10 years of treatment, two divorces and - well, you get the idea.

I prefer a Schlitz. Or when it’s been a really rough day; a dry martini, shaken, not stirred, and an extra olive. Actually, as I recall the very best martini I’ve ever had was a chocolate martini I had a few years back at the fondue restaurant. That was pretty spectacular. 😌

It's still a huge breakthrough. Much like the first sustained fission chain reaction achieved by Enrico Fermi and his team of scientists at the University of Chicago in 1942. I'm also surprised that Elon hasn't commented yet.
Elon has already commented that even if fusion is successful, rooftop solar will be cheaper for homes.

Regarding Elon's statement: "I will make sure Tesla shareholders benefit from Twitter long term". I got to thinking about how that could happen. Is it possible that Twitter 1.0 has some communications involving collusive actions, in the marketplace, to harm Tesla and its shareholders? Could there be SEC operatives privy to, or even participating in those collusive actions. I would not doubt it but, if true, it will take some time----there are a lot of stories to be told that are more front-and-center to the public.
I don't think this is very likely. I lean toward the theory he plans to use Twitter to help train Tesla AI

Elon has already commented that even if fusion is successful, rooftop solar will be cheaper for homes.
I foresee a future in which nuclear fusion and solar photovoltaics are very much complimentary energy sources. In any case, as a man of science, I would expect Elon would be quite excited by this breakthrough. Maybe he is, but just isn't expressing that excitement for whatever reason.

Regarding Elon's statement: "I will make sure Tesla shareholders benefit from Twitter long term". I got to thinking about how that could happen. Is it possible that Twitter 1.0 has some communications involving collusive actions, in the marketplace, to harm Tesla and its shareholders? Could there be SEC operatives privy to, or even participating in those collusive actions. I would not doubt it but, if true, it will take some time----there are a lot of stories to be told that are more front-and-center to the public.
It could also be a load of BS. Given his track record .... I'd go with the BS theory.

Is that true? If so, how long does it last?

He currently sits at 121,200,000 followers. It is indeed a huge advertising advantage to be able to tell that many people about the latest on Tesla.

Incidentally, the number two "most-followed" on Twitter is still Obama at 133,500,000 followers. If Elon keeps gaining 100,000 per day, he would become the most-followed in only 123 days. Any other company would kill to have a megaphone like that.

Also incidentally, I just picked up a few more chairs at $157.

On 10/27 he had 110 million followers, today he has 121 million. That’s a gain of 11 million in 50 days, so it’s even more than I said: 110,000 per day. Ofcourse many of those don’t have enough money to ever be able to afford a car, but plenty do and could one day consider a Tesla.

8B3F7697-71A4-402A-8502-92D968CA5C4A.jpeg