Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YAY! Shares are good.

But did you do this just to make that quick day trade, or because you think the market is changing unfavorably for holding options??
in my opinion, Long term deep in the money calls like june 2025 are just fine. i had $150 TSLA calls expiring in Jan 2025 so i sold them and went into common stock to mitigate any artificial time limit on my TSLA holdings. i am on margin. in fact, i was at 206% margin in my taxable accounts and was facing a small margin call this weekend so i liquidated 15 to 16% of my tsla and reduced margin to a more manageable 178% or so which is an exposure that i am currently totally comfortable with.
not financial advice

Not so fast: How about inflation? According to this CPI Inflation Calculator the price you paid in 2018 was about $86,000 in today's Dollars.
If you use car price index instead, a $72k car from 2018 would be the equivalent of a $100k car today. Tesla cars have become cheaper relative to the competition over time. If people were buying Tesla cars before, what can stop them from doing that now and in the future, especially when the charging infrastructure keeps getting better?

TSLA will likely resume its run after a brief pullback. $200 or $300 or $400 is way too cheap. i will not worry about any major pullback until another several months to a few years worth of run. will i sell temporarily when, and not if, stock goes super parabolic. sure! i am not a total certified fool but my default mode since January 2014 has been and still is to err on the side of staying long TSLA and not get super cute with market timing. i expect nothing to change for at least another 10 to 20 years or whichever or whatever
of course, not financial advice, never is. make your own mistakes

I wonder if Tesla has (or is working on) something like Autobidder that automatically adjusts the price according to current order flow. Too many orders? Jack the price a bit. Too few? Lower it a bit. 100% automated. I could imagine it batching the changes so that the price doesn't change more than once a week, but it could be daily or real time once every price change stops being news.

I wonder if Tesla has (or is working on) something like Autobidder that automatically adjusts the price according to current order flow. Too many orders? Jack the price a bit. Too few? Lower it a bit. 100% automated. I could imagine it batching the changes so that the price doesn't change more than once a week, but it could be daily or real time once every price change stops being news.
A pretty basic algorithm should be able to handle that.

Reactions: ZeApelido
Very true. I think over half of the anti-Tesla sentiment is not due to politics or Twitter, but rather economics. People who want things they can't afford tend to take on a "sour grapes" attitude
I've been surprised at how many people I have talked to lately think that all Teslas are >$100,000.

Also interesting to know; Where would those cars come from?
There are 400+ Model 3s in US inventory right now with most of them appearing to be RWDs, however many physical vehicles that represents

But once inventory clears and 1.5 months of backlog are built up, which probably wouldn't take long, becomes a bit more dicey advertising tax credits that are subject to potential caveats

Hmm.

Is he just suggesting that Tesla being able to ramp to 3 TWh/ year+ is good for mankind, or is he hinting there is more to this than just that?

Musk always lures us into these events with big words then the results are… not exactly disappointing, but perhaps not exactly what we imagined. It’s like there is big, super interesting news, but it’s hyped up like it’s world changing. So when it’s merely awesome you come away kind of frustrated.

Maybe it’s just me. Anyhow. Sounds exciting. But… try to keep expectations grounded.