Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kinda miss the old, bustling neighborhood.....sure there were some loud folks.....but this place has dried up like a mummy's face.
Don't even need a second cup of coffee to catch up from the night before!

I blame the cat's.........maybe just one cat.
The cat's what?

Pre-market took off a bit, but I see no news for that other than the Soros investment repeating on the news...?

I kinda miss the old, bustling neighborhood.....sure there were some loud folks.....but this place has dried up like a mummy's face.

pick up it will- as TSLA races up and just when it regains its former glory with newly minted TMCers talking about buying private jets, yachts, writing poetry and even retiring- well that precisely will be the exact price point to liquidate all TSLA and go 100% cash
let the good times roll

I know I post here less than I used to. I still read the thread every day, but I'm trying to use it less as a discussion tool and more as a reading tool, and I'm trying to only post when I can contribute something useful rather than adding noise.

Like now, ironically. :p

It DID matter!

Mary Barra Inducted Into Automotive Hall Of Fame​

Barra is commended for becoming the first woman CEO in the automotive industry, guiding GM through the ignition switch recall, and establishing gender equity and equal pay within the Detroit-based automaker.
So, we should expect gender equality to be the scapegoat for GM’s inability to keep pace with the industry? Got it.

CPI YoY less than last month, but higher than expectations; and using new calculation for the first time.
Core was as expected though, which is the more important number - looks like a neutral print to me. Of course bears will try to drive down the markets on a negative narrative, but fact is that inflation is dropping...

Core was as expected though, which is the more important number - looks like a neutral print to me. Of course bears will try to drive down the markets on a negative narrative, but fact is that inflation is dropping...
The markets want to rally but this is not a good print in conjunction with the labor reports especially. As long as YOY inflation stays above four per cent and the labor market shows no cracks you can pencil in 0.25 rates increases indefinitely.

Meanwhile equity market pricing in pivot before the end of the year. Bond market does not agree.

Six month t bills printed 5 percent. Risk free state and local tax free cash returns are a helluva draw.

In a letter to the electric carmaker's management, the employees announced their plan to unionize with Workers United Upstate New York.

The union, if formed, would be a first for Tesla, which up until now has managed to avoid unionization at its U.S. facilities unlike other major automakers.

Dude, you’re famous! This post was dissected on Tesla Daily tonight!
Thanks for letting me know. My first reaction to your post was, "Why would Rob cover my post? I didn't say anything useful, I didn't say anything anyone could confirm." But upon further consideration I came to conclude I'm just as good as CNBC or Reuters with their dumb "unnamed-sources-close-to-matter", or their reliance on useless talking heads. I like how Rob ended the segment, by saying, "Just a rumor, the poster could be making this up..." Yes, very true. MSM has nothing on individuals like Rob or Steven Mark Ryan--those guys have to cover "reality" the best they can because their viewers depend on honest analysis, and if the viewers don't get it they won't be tuning back in in the future and Rob/Steven/etc won't make money. MSM has a different business and cost-structure model in that if they don't "manufacture reality" to their advertisers' wishes the advertisers will pay someone else who will; the incentive structure for MSM guarantees distortion and deception and whatever nonsense fits the agenda of advertisers/government.

Of all the people who cover Tesla on YouTube, Rob Maurer is my favorite. I like his calm, measured voice and skeptical approach. I like Steven Mark Ryan, too.

So I went to the new 24 stall Supercharger station here in Flagstaff. There is indeed one pull-through for those pulling trailers, but it looks cramped, one couldn't get too big of a rig in there. But I think a small travel trailer like what @Webeevdrivers pull would be able to maneuver in there. Otherwise, as far as I can tell, it looks like a normal 250kW charging area, no dual-plugs for connecting to other EV manufacturers, or anything novel that would indicate a new technology.
1676385622851.jpeg

1676386262085.jpeg

1676386298019.jpeg

makes me sad to be from New York...

bring on the Tesla Bot !!!