Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following up here before we get into the stock market open tomorrow, this FSD Beta tester has now posted a video of Downtown Chicago driving and dude is seriously living on the edge. The whole video is painful, but look at this behaviour and near collision starting @ 42:30

Yes but this is the recalled version not the new one with the NTSHA corrections. We need this guy make another video when receive the new 11.3.2

• Informative
Reactions: Mike Ambler
"Experts" have been doubtful about many things SpaceX and Tesla says they're going to do. Then they do these things they said they'll do.

Yeah, opposing business interests express their "doubts". at the other pole, Scientists are conducting ongoing research in this field: (c.f. this paper published in Nov 2022)

Xia, Weiyi, et al. "Accelerating the discovery of novel magnetic materials using machine learning–guided adaptive feedback." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 119.47 (2022):​

Currently, Google Scholar lists about 100 results for "related articles". This is clearly an active area of research, despite the OP articles that breathlessly claims (twice) that it's "against the laws of physics". Where have we heard that before? :p

hqdefault.jpg

well you could argue the Texas Loop kinda does that - still not using FSDb for the tunnel part or any part :/
Vegas Loop? It has a driver, so, is supervised.

But, yeah, it should be a good opportunity to demonstrate an unsupervised, geofenced (in the tube) operation without much risk.

Last edited:
So much for a pivot to EV's for Toyota. I just don't see how they can waste any more time and money on hydrogen for light vehicles.

I find it ironic they use the "environmental" argument for focusing on Hybrid. Saying they can get more environmental benefit by spreading the batteries among hybrid vehicles. They are probably correct here in the short term but missing all the other benefits of EV such as quiet performance, low maintenance, better packaging and safety.

Then they miss the environmental impact of hydrogen where you are going to waste 2/3 of the renewable energy (assuming we get to "green" hydrogen) versus just putting it directly into a battery.

They are totally lost.

So much for a pivot to EV's for Toyota. I just don't see how they can waste any more time and money on hydrogen for light vehicles.

I find it ironic they use the "environmental" argument for focusing on Hybrid. Saying they can get more environmental benefit by spreading the batteries among hybrid vehicles. They are probably correct here in the short term but missing all the other benefits of EV such as quiet performance, low maintenance, better packaging and safety.

Then they miss the environmental impact of hydrogen where you are going to waste 2/3 of the renewable energy (assuming we get to "green" hydrogen) versus just putting it directly into a battery.

They are totally lost.

It has always seemed to me that Toyota's decisions along these lines align too closely with Big Oil's hopes to remain relevant by producing Hydrogen from oil.

I can't point at any evidence to nail this down, but it wouldn't surprise me if such a relationship influencing their (and others) unswerving commitment toward developing Fool Cell cars were uncovered.

It has always seemed to me that Toyota's decisions along these lines align too closely with Big Oil's hopes to remain relevant by producing Hydrogen from oil.

I can't point at any evidence to nail this down, but it wouldn't surprise me if such a relationship influencing their (and others) unswerving commitment toward developing Fool Cell cars were uncovered.
OT
15 years ago I had a coworker expressing she was proud of her husband's expert research in hydrogen. I finally got to meet him at a social event. He was proud of his income, degrees, and status. Surprisingly, he was pessimistic about hydrogen as clean energy.

and his employer was ExxonMobil...

Mining for hydrogen from the earth crust will be the new oil.

Other cars seem like they´re standing still 🤣! Not official yet and no conditions for a record, but good to have a race driver give a thumps up:
Fun, wish I could drive like that.

Mining for hydrogen from the earth crust will be the new oil.

That's a new one for me. Fascinating!

So I guess this is about 1/13th of the participants that has the app? Which means we have to multiply 86 X 13= ~1000 people now has V11.

Thank you for moderating my elevated expectations of seeing Ver. 11 any time soon.

Also, has anyone else noticed the appearance of the new Loot box Icon
new-lootbox.jpg
atop the Tesla phone App about a month ago? Wondering what if it means they're planning a new referral program.

Reactions: wtlloyd