Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope that data is incorrect, we heard 38 delivered more than a month ago.
Yes and it is what is expected . This is a transformation in logistics and the risk here is huge . It is not like delivering retail cars, these are products that have to work as promised, for millions of miles of use. We have a driver with over 2 million miles on a truck. The potential impacts of the Semi are huge but risk are likewise great.

Yes and it is what is expected . This is a transformation in logistics and the risk here is huge . It is not like delivering retail cars, these are products that have to work as promised, for millions of miles of use. We have a driver with over 2 million miles on a truck. The potential impacts of the Semi are huge but risk are likewise great.
Agreed. I've often thought that the use case if Semi is different enough from cars that they need to proceed slowly. Cars sit 90% of the day; Semi rolls (under heavy load) 90% of the day. Run a truck for a month or two, then tear it down and learn. Rinse and repeat. Fortunately for us, Tesla is almost smart as me so they seem to be doing this. ;)

My assumption is that it's sitting there in a warehouse, waiting to be shipped at the best moment

The question is, what will be the catalyst...?
818k1CLbUbL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Last edited:
Actually it's all good. Elon finally improved the user experience on Twitter.The new site has the best information I've every seen on it.

View attachment 927030
Aside; If a public wifi network doesn't automatically give me the landing page, x.com is my goto site to force it. It's http so browsers won't block the redirect as insecure. I think Musk had the same problem and it is the _real_ reason Musk bought the domain.

TLDR: “Tesla’s “T” logo was more memorable than Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, and Lexus. Tesla’s logo was also voted by the study’s respondents as the 3rd best car logo, just behind Audi and BMW. Toyota and Honda ranked behind Tesla. “

My synopsis: Market share & mind share.

Last edited:
My assumption is that it's sitting there in a warehouse, waiting to be shipped at the best moment

The question is, what will be the catalyst...?
Shipping burnt hair is the catalyst! Today’s action is an indication. The thought of shipping burnt hair will in itself trigger a pull of shorting activity. They wouldn't dare risk it. Shipping is one thing, but when it is actually delivered about 2 weeks later… “Holy popcorn Batman!”

The only solid argument I read proadvertising is that maybe that Tesla are cheap, but people don't know It. Musk is leveraging on Twitter, meaning that he has bought it and makes his companies use it extensively some times even buy sponsored ads (at least for Starlink). But Twitter is used by a tiny percent of the global population, and a couple of billions of potential customers are out of the loop regarding prices and supercharging and autonomy etc.

Of course its prohibitive. Does an EV cost the same as a Civic or Corolla? Camry? Accord? Rav4? CRV? Without the games and tricks trying to use the $7500 discount that may or may not ( mostly not) apply to normal people.
Especially including the used car market.
3 is less than 6 years old
Y is just over 3

In interpreting the poll one also needs to consider the knowledge v effort barriers. If they find EVs are unaffordable for them with solid data, they aren't going to spend a lot of effort researching range, charging, and such.

• Informative
Reactions: Thumper and wipster

TLDR: “Tesla’s “T” logo was more memorable than Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, and Lexus. Tesla’s logo was also voted by the study’s respondents as the 3rd best car logo, just behind Audi and BMW. Toyota and Honda ranked behind Tesla. “

My synopsis: Market share & mind share.
The BMW logo is iconic and I fully agree but really, Audi?

Makes sense with Tesla, will be interesting to see how people perceive Cybertruck branding with no logo or anything. I think the Cybertruck could be the marketing win of the century, everyone will know what it is and who makes it with zero badging.

Agreed, but those price cuts 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴
Sure, there are bad times to buy and sell just like with any product.

The problem with the "price cuts" argument is that Tesla is keeping the $$$ for themselves while other manufacturers are just giving away money to the dealers with ADM (additional dealer markup). It is simple economics, supply and demand and Tesla is capitalizing on it, can't blame them for that. Even with the market forces Tesla's still maintain a high resale value compared to other vehicles.