Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is a matter of personal tase, but this front end is really ugly! Why copy the ugliest part of a Lucid Air?
Design is a mix of function (specifications), cost and aesthetics.

Sometimes function and cost lead to compromises on aesthetics.

We need to see the Highland Model 3s on the road and in a range of different colors. and we need to understand the gains in function and the reductions in cost.

In future there may be an opportunity to improve the aesthetics while delivering the same specs for the same price.

less than 25% of US population is on twitter. The number is even smaller internationally (and 0% in China).
World population is 8B people. Number of humans on Twitter is 250M (excluding bots and such). That’s like 3% of the world. Even if we want to be generous and say there are 400M people on Twitter, that’s still just 5% of the world. Twitter is an extremely niche social network…it’s not like Facebook or Instagram which have multi billion users that comprehend almost a 3rd of the world.

World population is 8B people. Number of humans on Twitter is 250M (excluding bots and such). That’s like 3% of the world. Even if we want to be generous and say there are 400M people on Twitter, that’s still just 5% of the world. Twitter is an extremely niche social network…it’s not like Facebook or Instagram which have multi billion users that comprehend almost a 3rd of the world.
Keep in mind that often Tesla only needs to post to one social media platform,, others will link to that post on other social media platforms, journalists analysts will write about it, etc.

Very little preparation and planning is needed, often the post is a single photo or a short video with a few words.

What matters in the end is what percentage of potential Tesla buyers see the information somewhere.

In terms of eventual reach per $ spent on marketing, this seems like a good ROI to me.

There is an art to making the right post, and Tesla is fairly good at doing that.

At peak, 3.3 million people were listening in the interview Elon did last night in Twitter Spaces.

In the USA, according to Nielsen live-plus-same-day data for February 2023, CNN averaged 587,000 total primetime viewers, No. 12 on basic cable, and 474,000 total day viewers, No. 5 on basic cable. The network also averaged 122,000 adults 25-54 in primetime.Feb 28, 2023

Fox counted an average of 1.4 million day viewers in 2022, representing a 3% increase compared to 2021, while MSNBC saw 733,000 and CNN had 568,000, which were both down 35% compared to the previous year. Dec 15, 2022

Legacy media is dying. It's all propaganda and each day more people are realizing that. Twitter's global reach may be small now but it is growing. If Tesla were to start advertising, and I'm not convinced that is right at this time, then it seems like Twitter may not be a bad place to do so. However, Elon Musk seems to be getting plenty of attention already, and that brings views to Tesla.

TLDR: “Tesla earned the title of Best Overall Luxury Brand from Kelley Blue Book in its most recent “Brand Image” analysis, landing the company the top spot in this category for the fourth year in a row. In addition to this title, the electric vehicle maker landed itself four other spots in the outlet’s Brand Image Awards, including Best Value Luxury Brand, Most Refined Luxury Brand, Best Performance Luxury Brand, and Best Overall EV Brand.

At peak, 3.3 million people were listening in the interview Elon did last night in Twitter Spaces.

In the USA, according to Nielsen live-plus-same-day data for February 2023, CNN averaged 587,000 total primetime viewers, No. 12 on basic cable, and 474,000 total day viewers, No. 5 on basic cable. The network also averaged 122,000 adults 25-54 in primetime.Feb 28, 2023

Fox counted an average of 1.4 million day viewers in 2022, representing a 3% increase compared to 2021, while MSNBC saw 733,000 and CNN had 568,000, which were both down 35% compared to the previous year. Dec 15, 2022

Legacy media is dying. It's all propaganda and each day more people are realizing that. Twitter's global reach may be small now but it is growing. If Tesla were to start advertising, and I'm not convinced that is right at this time, then it seems like Twitter may not be a bad place to do so. However, Elon Musk seems to be getting plenty of attention already, and that brings views to Tesla.
That’s not how this works. Go talk to the people who are buying BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus or other premium automakers - very few of them use Twitter. Twitter is mostly geeks like us.

Model 3 highland just leaked!

1681371512893.jpeg

Love the more sporty look 😍 no wonder they were trying to hide this thing. It’s a more significant aesthetic change than I was anticipating!

A Megafactory selling 10,000 megapacks per year is equivalent to a Gigafactory selling 500k cars per year, so the two Megafactories will add 1M car equivalents per year, with expansions and many more factories to come. The analysts and media don't seem to appreciate this.
I think this is underappreciated. The extent to which wall st analysts understand Tesla is comically bad. You only need to look at yahoo finance, CNN, the BBC, CNBC, and all the other mainstream coverage to see just how utterly, utterly clueless those reporters and the analysts they speak to really are...
...and thats when they are talking about CARS, something that even the most clueless 'reporter' understands.

Speak to most people about battery storage (and I do... a lot! too much!) and they still think you are talking either lead-acid, and think it leaks, or they think of their mobile hone battery, and expect it to need replacing in a year. The gulf between the reality and the perception is staggering. Nobody has ANY idea of why grids need utility level storage, or how intermittent the grid is, or why its a (big( problem.

I reckon its at least another 12 months before we see a mainstream news report (CNN/BBC etc) talk about Tesla as anything but a car company. And at that point the financials will be smacking them in the head so hard they will have concussion.
Good time to be a Tesla investor!

Model 3 highland just leaked!

Love the more sporty look 😍 no wonder they were trying to hide this thing. It’s a more significant aesthetic change than I was anticipating!
honest first impression is I I like my M3P more. Are there no fog lights? I hope this stays my impression once it comes out all nice and clean. Hopefully there’s no Plaid motor version or my hand will be forced! 😂 I’m still in the camp of thinking this mayyy be the cheap car. Are they really going to introduce a cheaper model 3 and then introduce a car $5k or so cheaper than that?

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
honest first impression is I I like my M3P more. Are there no fog lights? I hope this stays my impression once it comes out all nice and clean. Hopefully there’s no Plaid motor version or my hand will be forced! 😂 I’m still in the camp of thinking this mayyy be the cheap car. Are they really going to introduce a cheaper model 3 and then introduce a car $5k or so cheaper than that?
As an ex boss used to tell me, don't use the word "cheap". Cost effective is better but hardly describes a smaller Tesla which will be better than the rest of the market. It will be much more than $5k more cost effective. Highland will allow current prices to be held at least for a few years.

As an ex boss used to tell me, don't use the word "cheap". Cost effective is better but hardly describes a smaller Tesla which will be better than the rest of the market. It will be much more than $5k more cost effective. Highland will allow current prices to be held at least for a few years.
Literally thought this as I typed out the word “cheap”. 😂 You are correct of course.