Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This guy never learns his lesson:

$137 mil judgement - slashed to $15 mil. Wasn't good enough for him, so he went back to court to go after Tesla for more, jury awarded him $3.2 mil. And the rumor on that judgement is that there was additional evidence that Tesla uncovered that would have likely essentially brought the judgement down to ZERO, but they were not allowed to introduce that evidence late in the trial. At a re-trial, that evidence would be fair game.

His lawyers must be foaming at the mouth, they are the only ones making out here.
Meanwhile, Tesla filed a motion to reduce the award to $1.75 million, which will be granted based on Supreme Court precedent.

If I recall correctly, this guy had four attorneys. If his lawyers are paid on contingency, there is no chance that they will be paid enough to compensate adequately for those two trials. The two other ways that they could be compensated: (1) by a third party; or (2) by follow-on litigation with other plaintiffs that are waiting in the wings.

Curious why you believe they won't take advantage of the new state of the art paint shop they've installed in Giga Texas. At least to add the two or three new colors they introduced at Giga Berlin.

Like the Geico Takisha smart paintshop in Berlin? Elon said Texas won't get those new colors: (Nov 21, 2022)

Elon Musk on Twitter: "Only Giga Berlin can make these colors, as paint shop was specially built to apply many fine layers of paint, giving it complexity not otherwise possible" / Twitter​

Further, Tom Zhu hinted strongly that Giga Monterrey will be quite different for finish/coatings: (Mar 4 2023)

Matthew Donegan-Ryan on Twitter: "I asked if the Gen 3 will be painted or stainless steel he smirked and said “paint is expensive” 😏. https://t.co/BM6tfDqmFI" / Twitter​

Lastly, the main reasons that Fremont and Shanghai won't get new paintshops for Highland are threefold:
  1. Permitting takes forever in California (unacceptable delay)
  2. Paintshops are expensive and have a long lead time (not ready for Q3)
  3. Paint is the Past (Cybertruck, Gen3)
Cheers!

Oh, that’s an interesting thought. You could be on to something. Who doesn’t take a $15m settlement for some nasty words and pictorials directed at them? Someone being paid not to, that’s who. 🤔

That's what Gandhi said.

Gandhi Hard Knocks.png

Today or is this a proposal?

It passed in law SB 205 back in 2022. It was literally one line in a larger energy bill, so it really flew under the radar. Because the bill itself didn't specify how to implement things exactly, just that there were at minimum 3 income tiers to which fixed rate charges are adjusted by (with no cap!), the CPUC solicited proposals from the utilities on how to implement this (that's the fox watching the hen house right there):

739.9e appears to be the relevant section.

Reasonable summary here:

Like the Geico Takisha smart paintshop in Berlin? Elon said Texas won't get those new colors: (Nov 21, 2022)

Elon Musk on Twitter: "Only Giga Berlin can make these colors, as paint shop was specially built to apply many fine layers of paint, giving it complexity not otherwise possible" / Twitter​

Further, Tom Zhu hinted strongly that Giga Monterrey will be quite different for finish/coatings: (Mar 4 2023)

Matthew Donegan-Ryan on Twitter: "I asked if the Gen 3 will be painted or stainless steel he smirked and said “paint is expensive” 😏. https://t.co/BM6tfDqmFI" / Twitter​

Lastly, the main reasons that Fremont and Shanghai won't get new paintshops for Highland are threefold:
  1. Permitting takes forever in California (unacceptable delay)
  2. Paintshops are expensive and have a long lead time (not ready for Q3)
  3. Paint is the Past (Cybertruck, Gen3)
Cheers!
1. Elon says a lot of things................................. that change. I 've lost count.
2. Talking about the paint shop in the new Austin plant not hodgepodge Freemont.
3. Fanciful ideas that collide with reality called the marketplace.

(I say quad because it's 4 quadrants that the parts come from, not because that's what Tesla has officially named it).

Think computing, think network topologies. Imma let you google:

Difference Between Star Topology and Bus Topology

Old factories (like Ford's Highland Park plant in Detroit) used the "Bus Topology". New Tesla plants beginning with Giga Monterrey will use a "Star Topolgy". In the example below, imagine how Tesla could build two separate products using mostly common components:

startopo.jpg

Cheers!

1. Elon says a lot of things................................. that change. I 've lost count.
2. Talking about the paint shop in the new Austin plant not hodgepodge Freemont.
3. Fanciful ideas that collide with reality called the marketplace.
4. Imma believe whatevers... :p

(BTW, Project Highland isn't for Austin. It's Fremont+Shanghai for Model 3.)

Cheers!

This guy never learns his lesson:

$137 mil judgement - slashed to $15 mil. Wasn't good enough for him, so he went back to court to go after Tesla for more, jury awarded him $3.2 mil. And the rumor on that judgement is that there was additional evidence that Tesla uncovered that would have likely essentially brought the judgement down to ZERO, but they were not allowed to introduce that evidence late in the trial. At a re-trial, that evidence would be fair game.

His lawyers must be foaming at the mouth, they are the only ones making out here.
Maybe all the anti-Tesla companies are all chipping in a few million each to keep the Tesla = racism news cycles going?

Maybe all the anti-Tesla companies are all chipping in a few million each to keep the Tesla = racism news cycles going?

Ho! That's some crazy shishi right up in there!

Saudi's tried to buy Telsa, Gates tried to short it, Wall St. tried to crush it, Main Street luvs it.

Cheers!

You are right, but Juniper will be. Stands to reason that whatever changes underneath the skin that happens to 3 will be applied to Y.

Model Y already has gigacastings, which will be significant part of Project Highland to update the Model 3.

I think that the 48v low-voltage architecture is the most likely common change, but suppliers will have to be ready. Might use the lower volume Model 3 line to test the new automation for wiring harness installation, then move it to the Model Y worldwide with their learnings.

Cheers!

A friend with a Prius had to get a new battery after 125k miles and my Ford Fusion hybrid which had the same Nickel Metal Hydride tech was only good for 110k before needed a new battery (but traded it for Tesla MY).
That's about the typical battery life, but I believe it's because of the prismatic cells rather than the chemistry. Most Prius (at least in the Prius Chat) replaced the battery when they became swollen. In some cases there were some third party cell replacements, but they were tricky to do because the replacement cells had to match the originals.