Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m just picking your post to respond to, though several before yours are focused on the same core thing: how much money Tesla gunna get!?

People. It’s not about the money. Never has been, never will be. So stop trying to make it about money. (You rightly acknowledged Elon’s sense of fairness)

Tesla’s goal is about saving us from ourselves, not lining their pockets with green. Yes, Tesla needs money to fulfill the mission, but it’s not what drives the mission. Cooperation. Helping. Kindness. Doing what’s right and proper.

It’s no surprise that EVERYONE will get to charge for the same amount. That’s part of the mission.

But I assure you all, whether it looks like Tesla makes money on the surface of the deal or not, Tesla WILL be rewarded monetarily for the willingness to partner and lend a helping hand.

As a follow-up:

In the East Coast of USA, they have been dealing with wildfire smoke for a few days now all due to a 40 degree+ change towards the hotter side on the top part of Canada (which sparked the aforementioned wildfires):
The last time another Orange Day happened in SF Bay Area: Orange Skies Day - Wikipedia

TSLA ran up +$100 / share from ~$135 -> ~$235 between 9/9/2020 -> 12/31/2020 (starting mostly 2 months after on 11/14/2020)

I'm beginning to wonder and, probably will look into, the analysis of share price change and climate change disasters around major economic areas.

As a follow-up:

In the East Coast of USA, they have been dealing with wildfire smoke for a few days now all due to a 40 degree+ change towards the hotter side on the top part of Canada (which sparked the aforementioned wildfires):
The last time another Orange Day happened in SF Bay Area: Orange Skies Day - Wikipedia

TSLA ran up +$100 / share from ~$135 -> ~$235 between 9/9/2020 -> 12/31/2020 (starting mostly 2 months after on 11/14/2020)

I'm beginning to wonder and, probably will look into, the analysis of share price change and climate change disasters around major economic areas.

LA had one of those a couple years ago - September 2021. It went on to more than double in the next 3 months. Hmmm.

LA had one of those a couple years ago - September 2021. It went on to more than double in the next 3 months. Hmmm.

Thank you for adding that event and city into the mix. The IMF themselves call out serious macroeconomic risks due to climate change:

Financiers and major bag holders hold onto the keys to significant sums of money to invest into ventures. It's not surprising that, when faced with your own self and family being affected by climate change, that will make a financier and major bag holder far more likely to help invest in solutions that affects their and their families' own livelihood wHeN iTs DiReCtLy In ThEiR fAcE. It's different seeing numbers (like degree change, singular stories that you have no relationship too, and millions affected in a country you have never been to or heard about) on a TV screen that abstracts the problem.

iTs AlL cOnNeCtEd.

Wait, it says, "Chevron, The Human Energy Company"

Does this mean they're making energy out of humans?

What would Charlton Heston say about that?

1*z8OnJusfEkkiOyGVdV_Huw.png

Last edited:
well time for you all to be nice. and me to come clean.
I took all (98%) of my money out of TSLA when it reached $180/share. I believed elon when he said it was going to be rough for the next year. And I got a knot in my stomach when the stock went so low for no reason that I could figure out last year. And at $180 I had enough to live on at my current economic level till I die. And I am 67 this year and I kept hearing all the bulls talk about "in ten years". Noone in my family has lived to 80 yrs old ever.
My wishful thinking 4 yrs ago was that I could triple my money with TSLA, and at $180 I more than did that.
SO I am happy for all of you, but I have to fight to be "logical" and see the big picture.... and yet I wonder if I got back in tomorrow.
This hurts when I start thinking the wrong way about it.

Don’t feel terrible. sold 4000 shares to close on a home recently, sold at 173 - completely in the disbelief rally phase. Now kicking myself hard chasing lower interest rates w larger down payments. Terrible lesson learned. thankfully it wasn’t not my full position. But lesson learned nonetheless. Once current home closes, will dump it back in to Tsla w the proceeds. Hoping for a little dip and buy in before the golden cross. Telling myself get back in before - gigamexico, cybertruck, highland, another merger or factory announcement which can help rally further. classic fomo approach. Nfa

As a follow-up:

Yeah, definitely have to stop burning stuff (in engines too). We all know that...

Didn't some city in China (Beijing ?) have to do a thing where the pollution got so bad they only let cars with even license plates drive on some days with odd plates driving on the other days? This could happen in New York if the fires keep up for a few more days/weeks/years :oops: . Of course, the car driving restrictions aren't going to apply to EVs for obvious reasons. Gonna be lots of ICE drivers looking out of bus windows at all the Teslas checking what the going prices of new and used Teslas are... :)

RT

Well this and the Ford announcement came out of left field, despite many of us thinking this would be great for all EVs.
Promote the mission and HODL. Who's next to join the cool kids?

Now decent production and sales numbers in 3 weeks and a decent Q2 report and maybe we will roll up to $420.69 in a few months.

Long live the longs!
Would love it, but don't hatch your chickens before you count them...

I do wonder who makes the NACS charging handle, and can they ramp up manufacturing?

Anyone can make, that is the point, all the files, 3D models, technical drawings, communication protocols, pinout are all on Tesla website for grabs

Will take some time to make molds, testing and so on, if other charge providers are smart this is already underway, remember, when NACS were announced Tesla said they were already in talks with vehicle and charging equipment manufacturers

Anyone can be a NACS manufacturer, specially those that already make charging equipment and are equipped already

There's no reason why Chargepoint can't start putting NACS plugs on their chargers either. In fact I expect they will now in the near future. :cool:

It feels good to be a TSLA long who's been invested into it for many years solid now. :D
Perhaps they may only able to use the NACS after their chargers are certified by Tesla. I wouldn't think that Tesla would want to put their standard on something that won't work 99.9% of the time.

In this upside down world, where every day we see stories about just how screwed up things are... when a day like today comes along, I have to stop and rub my eyes a bit and ask myself, "Did this really happen? Something so positive, and so logical, and civil, and amenable to all parties? Wow." o_O:oops:

Can we please have more days like this?

Edit; Watched (heard) the Elon & Mary B. discourse. Really impressed at the level of respect and decency shown between them. I mean... these are the heads of gigantic companies competing against one another in a dog eat dog world!

Respect.

Last edited:
In this upside down world, where every day we see stories about just how screwed up things are... when a day like today comes along, I had to stop and rub my eyes a bit and ask myself, "Did this really happen? Something so positive, and so logical, and civil, and amenable to all parties? Wow." o_O:oops:

Can we please have more days like this?

I first called my sister, a friend of the environment and enthusiast herself, once this bit of news about GM and Tesla came out.

So much hope now in the ecosystem coming together to resolve this problem. Tesla is an aggregator.

Last edited by a moderator: