Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Max is still only 250, but Calls focused on 265. Fingers crossed.

Also, they make adapters for all kinds of chargers, so I don't think this is a problem we have to solve today. 🤣
(I think they all suck to be clear.)

1688139866323.png

In climate news... I just sold my gas riding lawn mower today. It was a 46" "tractor." No more gas allowed in this house. It did a great job, but I could never honestly say I was "gasoline" free until now. It's probably too late, but we'll see...

Have a great long weekend! Sedona sounds a bit cooler now, but not by much.

Last edited:
Ok this is pretty funny...

Many tolls in Italy are close together as you get on/off different roads. Cue unhappy locals waiting for me to get out of my UK Tesla to walk around to the card reader. I wasn't best pleased either after what felt like 10 in quick succession. Some of them were only about $1, maybe less. Tiresome.

You might find these things get bought by more non-Tesla UK drivers or LHD cars visiting UK/Ireland etc. Woohoo - new business line for Tesla...

Last edited:
How long until we see demand for all these comapnies who will offer NACS sockets collapse until they release the new model?
If I was thinking of buying a volvo, but read that the charge socket changes next year to a more popular one, then no way would I get one of the soon to be obsolete models now, unless I absolutely had to.
In which case I might as well just get the only car that already has the de-facto-standard socket, which is a Tesla.

The next quarter is likely to be brutal for a lot of these rival EV companies. I'm surprised they are not scrambling like crazy to fit the NACS to their vehicles right now. Its going to make for some hideously awkward conversations at dealerships!

Many tolls in Italy are close together as you get on/off different roads. Cue unhappy locals waiting for me to get out of my UK Tesla to walk around to the card reader. I wasn't best pleased either after what felt like 10 in quick succession. Some of them were only about $1, maybe less. Tiresome.

You might find these things get bought by more non-Tesla UK drivers or LHD cars visiting UK/Ireland etc. Woohoo - new business line for Tesla...

You can buy a toll badge that works in France, Spain and Italy for about twenty euros. Can be ordered online.

‘Telepas’ works like a charm and you get to use the fast lane.

You can buy a toll badge that works in France, Spain and Italy for about twenty euros. Can be ordered online.

‘Telepas’ works like a charm and you get to use the fast lane.
Yeah, long time ago & one-off spur of the moment & travelled more countries than those. I still need to change my GB badge for a UK one. Last post from me on subject.

Reactions: Dikkie Dik

If you do drive a lot in continental Europe then I strongly recommend buying a Télépéage transponder, I've had one for several years now, saves so much time: Fulli Nomade + : France, Spain, Portugal, Italy - Fulli

Max is still only 250, but Calls focused on 265. Fingers crossed.

Also, they make adapters for all kinds of chargers, so I don't think this is a problem we have to solve today. 🤣
(I think they all suck to be clear.)

View attachment 952092

In climate news... I just sold my gas riding lawn mower today. It was a 46" "tractor." No more gas allowed in this house. It did a great job, but I could never honestly say I was "gasoline" free until now. It's probably too late, but we'll see...

Have a great long weekend! Sedona sounds a bit cooler now, but not by much.
Good news. My Ryobi 36V lawn mower has batteries dated 2011. No perceptible degradations. Happy Mowin'

Good news. My Ryobi 36V lawn mower has batteries dated 2011. No perceptible degradations. Happy Mowin'
A 100% electric yard care company could dominate the market I think. Home owners would appreciate the quiet and clean approach. Higher cost at first, but customers would pay more in many areas. I sure wouldn't want to be stuck with a bunch of gas equipment... so it's future proof.

Just a reminder, today is the last day of Q2 (and of H1) for financial reporting. As such, large funds (ie: institutions and pensions) may choose to add to their TSLA positions today in what is referred to as "window dressing". This may contribute to buying interest today.

Also, we may get addtional comments on this (and other) EOQ-relevant topics today from @Curt Renz. GLTA!

Cheers to the Longs!
Indeed, end of quarter window dressing by money managers can further boost stocks that have had a good quarter. TSLA can be one of them as well as another stock that I own, NVDA.

It's also a weekly (not monthly or quarterly) options expiration day. Right now, it looks as though large option writers could target either $262.5 or $265 as a profitable TSLA closing price. We may know better an hour from now.

Sorry to have posted an investing topic in this investing thread. ;)

Last edited:
Something interesting just happened. My 2016 AP1 S 90D is now updating to 2023.20.7 normally not a big deal but this is the same build number that FSD beta 11.3.6 is built on. This is the first time that I know of that a non-FSD capable car has received the same build as a FSD beta car.

My thoughts: single software stacks to all cars = super bullish on FSD. Also, end quarter coincidence? 🤔

Last edited:
Indeed, end of quarter window dressing by money managers can further boost stocks that have had a good quarter. TSLA can be one of them as well as another stock that I own, NVDA.

It's also a weekly (not monthly or quarterly) options expiration day. Right now, it looks as though large option writers could target either $262.5 or $265 as a profitable TSLA closing price. We may know better an hour from now.

Sorry to have posted an investing topic in this investing thread. ;)
In the last 15 minutes, all of the indices are up and TSLA is down. Looks like they are going to try to target $262.50. And low volume (surprising) is going to make it pretty easy for them.

Come on bulls -- steamroll 'em!

Serious investment question: What is the sentiment here for P/D numbers this weekend :)
This quarter seems more up-in-the-air than prior quarters. Lots of moving parts.

I am concerned (as always) that expectations are creeping higher and we are due for disappointment. I am bracing for high production numbers but lower than expected delivery numbers, as Tesla seems intent on continuing to reduce the end of quarter delivery wave. 470K production and $445K deliveries is my SWAG. I REALLY hope I'm wrong and they deliver 460K.

'At These Prices, I'll Take Ford Over Tesla Any Day': Jim Cramer Says