Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if, as more companies join NACS, there will be less of an effect on TSLA. Sort of a sell-the-news situation. Totally a short-term effect, 'cos long-term it will be worth a lot more to the company.

I can only dream about the expansion of NACS into other countries, like Brazil and such, but I wonder if Tesla will be trying hard to implement NACS in their cars - and infrastructure - in India. It could be a really nice boost for NACS if the world's other largest country decides to allow NACS alongside CCS2.
The rally around the time of the NACS announcements does beg the question: Do people on the Street and Main Street only get stuff that is really, really simple, as in "here is a plug that you plug in like any other plug"?

All this other stuff—FSD, batteries, OTA updates—is like "huh?," "wha?,"

Not that I believe stupidity is the only explanation: Mixing stupidity with mendacity yields a potent toxin.

I can't find any decent data on Turkey. It's a new market - Tesla deliveries started on 8th May. By my (rough) reckoning, a maximum of 300 Teslas were sold there in May. June is a complete guess but is stated by one journalist as being higher. 10,000 ordered in less than a month from April when orders opened, Since then we've had May and June for orders. Whether "Bums in Seats" have led to even higher orders is conjecture, but I'd say yes. 9000 expected deliveries by end of 2023. 20 after-sales locations plus mobile service (timeline unclear).

2000 EV sales in May (all makes)
7500 Jan-May, so 5500 for 4 months ie 1375/month on average

Assuming May's higher figure of 2000 is 1375 for existing EV model deliveries plus Togg and Tesla
Turkish own-make Togg EV introduced in April, 306 delivered in May
Tesla Model Y on 8th May, max of 300 Teslas in 24 days - rough numbers

June guess - 1000? They're doubling number of staff. Few hundred at a port in Turkey in June -
Sources:-
"Sales in the first five months of the year rose 60.5% year-over-year to 445,006 units, according to the ODMD.

Demand remains notably high as consumers continue to opt for cars they see as a tool to safeguard themselves from high inflation. Among others, easing supply chain-related availability problems has also led to increased sales since the beginning of the year."

Rough translation via google, my emphasis in bold

According to the reports, Tesla Model Y received more than 10 thousand orders in less than a month after it arrived in Turkey. This number is said to have taken Tesla by surprise, as it is stated that the company is targeting sales of approximately 1000 units. Therefore, there are 10 times more sales than the target. Speaking of sales, those who ordered are eagerly waiting for their vehicles to be delivered. According to the announcement, more than 90 percent of the demand will be met by the end of the year.

The first deliveries will start as of the second week of May . As of June, deliveries will be accelerated. According to Özpeynirci, Tesla Turkey plans to more than double the number of personnel in order to organize the high demand. As we mentioned in our previous related news, Tesla initially chose Akasya AVM as the delivery point, but since the demand is high, a larger location has been determined on the Anatolian side.After-sales service at 20 points
How much did Tesla Model Y sell in Turkey? When are the deliveries?
The service , which was announced to be opened in Merter , will be commissioned in June . For after-sales support and services, after-sales service will be provided at 20 points in Turkey . Depending on the situation, mobile services or expert teams in Istanbul will be sent to customers.

Model Y sold out in Turkey until end of year:

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 12.25.25.png

🤡 Irwin at it again with the 'competition rhetoric'. Demand is weak 🤡

Tesla stock 'egregiously overvalued,' says analyst​

Posted this in the CT thread as well, but super cool configurator where you can choose how your CT could look with diff color wraps:

I wonder if, as more companies join NACS, there will be less of an effect on TSLA. Sort of a sell-the-news situation. Totally a short-term effect, 'cos long-term it will be worth a lot more to the company.

I can only dream about the expansion of NACS into other countries, like Brazil and such, but I wonder if Tesla will be trying hard to implement NACS in their cars - and infrastructure - in India. It could be a really nice boost for NACS if the world's other largest country decides to allow NACS alongside CCS2.

From an electrical/digital protocol point of view, there aren't any differences between CCS1 and CCS2. So a simple "pass through" adapter such as NEW! CCS-2 Fast Charger / European Supercharger Adapter for US Tesla will work.

Last edited:
Because transparency is strongly correlated with misinterpretation.
The numbers were already not overly transparent in terms of true inventory with only showing one vehicle of one trim per location, but they were seemingly a pretty reliable indicator of where things were trending. However I still don’t think that matters much to investors, quarterly P&D numbers are what matter.

My own speculation would be that this is more about reducing the amount of data available to consumers where inventory transparency can lead to certain consumer habits and purveyors of products tend to prefer controlling the narrative around availability of their products. The OEMs don’t make available data like those, they’ll portray their vehicles as in high of demand as possible for max pricing power and you need to physically check lots to determine whether its truthful.

Wait times will be the next game to play, I’ve encountered this recently with custom furniture. Go to a store, inquire about a piece of custom furniture, told it would take 16-20 weeks to arrive, order, and it magically shows up in five weeks.

CCS-2 handles 3 phase AC, I don't think NACS can do that (I think it's short a couple of pins).

The adapter you linked to only covers the DC use case

You would need a different adapter to do L2 charging.
CCS-2 doesn't do 3 phase AC, but the Type 2 Mennekes connector, which is the non-DC portion of the connector (i.e. the top part without the 2 DC pins), does.

So as far as NACS for DCFC to/from CCS-2 DCFC, there's no reason it can't be done, since the extra pins for 3-phase operation aren't relevant to a DC charging session.

And in fact, a NACS to Type 2 adapter is probably not that hard (probably been done before for grey market imports somewhere), you just won't get 3-phase AC charging support. However, there might some actual logic involved in converting between whatever Type 2 speaks and J1772 or whatever.