Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've tried the product and definitely see what you did there.

On a futuristic and speculative Tesla note, you know how there's been speculation about how exactly Robotaxis on the Tesla network would go about recharging throughout the day? There's been discussion of snake chargers and the recent acquisition of that inductive charging company. Has anybody thought about this being an early and very simple use case for Optimus? Just ride around in the drivers seat (or be stationed at superchargers) and plug in cars when needed. Seems like among the universe of menial jobs that Optimus might initially partake, something along these lines might be among the easiest to "learn".
For the foreseeable future we will just have humans plugging the cars in. No need to bother with automation when a human will still need to be on hand to clean the car interiors between rides, refill washer fluid, clean cameras etc.

I believe that old auto dealer locations will be ideal for this and the symmetry will be a nice bonus. These locations have large parking lots, usually with service buildings intact, and located in areas with lowish property values but close to major population centers.

x.AI is the new thing apparently
Elon launches X.AI just when Dojo goes into production. I suspect this is not a coincidence and there may be some pricing soon from Tesla's supercomputers using A100/H100 as FSD work is offloaded to Dojo. X.AI will then pay tesla to train scrapped Twitter data to kick off this "AI training service" Elon has always wanted. He did say his goal is to have Dojo be working so well that they can turn A100 off.

Dojo 2.0 can be used to train generalized AI workloads, perhaps not 1.0.

This is just my speculation.

Last edited:
Elon launches X.AI just when Dojo goes into production. I suspect this is not a coincidence and there may be some pricing soon from Tesla's supercomputers using A100/H100 as FSD work is offloaded to Dojo. X.AI will then pay tesla to train scrapped Twitter data to kick off this "AI training service" Elon has always wanted.

Dojo 2.0 can be used to train generalized AI workloads, perhaps not 1.0.

This is just my speculation.
Will Dojo 2.0 be Tesla's AWS?

Will Dojo 2.0 be Tesla's AWS?
It will take awhile. Tesla's software needs to get to ML training without much code change, something AMD has just achieved with the help of the community.

Elon's first vision of Dojo as a service is suppose to be for legacy auto or start ups wanting to use cameras only FSD. They have now developed the software stack where they can just feed driving videos into the model for training which imo opens the door for legacy auto. They don't need codes, they just need to record videos and have Dojo train. Again, just speculating here and I'm not even certain how all of this works. Someone who works in ML maybe can give more color with Tesla's current foundation model software stack.

Last edited:

This analyst possibly gets it for Q2 :)
Not so sure about the idea that price discounts in the quarter were "fairly minimal" looking at the price history tracker

Model Y LR and P are both $4500 cheaper in the US than they were in Q1 (prices dropped $5k in April then crept up $500)
Model 3 LR wasn't available to order at all this year until the beginning of May where it was listed again $10k cheaper than when it was removed in August 2022
Model S LR and Plaid were cut by $5k in April and then walked up offset by offering unlimited free supercharging
Model X LR and Plaid were cut by $10k at the beginning of March, cut by another $5k in April, then increased by $3500 while offset by offering unlimited free supercharging

+ referral discounts, inventory discounts, free FSD trials, etc

On the flip side, S and X deliveries in Q2 are almost double Q1 but of course still a small slice of the overall pie. And more vehicles were being shipped globally to fulfil orders in other markets,

Last edited:
I'm aware GM has had some success in Europe and Asia but the small cars they sell in the US are historically junk unless they are designed and imported from Asia (mostly Korea).
Europe?? They exited Europe and sold the brands to Stellantis. They kept Vauxhall and Opel going for nearly a century but never prepared for emissions control, demand for high quality, etc so that gave up.

Their success is in Brazil and South Korea plus China for the brands although they don't make the cars, SAIC designs, builds and distributes Chevrolet, Buick and Cadillac there. FWIW, GM was goin to eliminate Buick but kept it because the brand is very popular in China.

So really GM itself succeeds in Brazil and Korea, that's it. FWIW they've been so strong in Brazil that several succeeding GM CEO's and Finance heads had had stints in Brazil. Both Korea and Brazil are quite independent. Both markets concentrate on taxi and other fleet sales. In Brazil their largest dealer went broke, Mescal department store and GM did not really thrive in consumer sales after that.

So the cars are better but they still are nobody's concept of excellence. For the record I did have one GM product, the Iran built Opel Commodore called ChevIran. IT was better than the other Iranian car an ancient Hillman Hunter called Paykan.

This is only relevant to Tesla because Tesla can learn from and has learned from the mistakes made by other US OEM's globally.

Today marks another historic moment as we witness the emergence of X.AI. Elon possesses a remarkable aptitude and drive for resolving intricate challenges while intertwining them with noble missions.

Tesla - Transportation and Energy tech and OEM - to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.

SpaceX - Space Transportation and Satellite-based Internet services provider - be among the stars, protect the light of consciousness

Twitter - Social Media - most accurate source of information

Neuralink - Treat brain diseases - Longterm goal of symbiosis with artificial intelligence

Boaring Company - Underground Transportation Systems - Alleviating traffic

xAI - AGI (Advanced form of AI for Information Processing and Problem-Solving) - understand the true nature of the universe

I'm beginning to get the impression that Sasha may have a small bone to pick with the Fed. This is on-topic and is not meat-related.

TL : DW - Inflation is currently at 3% and when the lagging indicator of "Shelter" is removed, inflation is at 0.45% today.
His expectation is that things are looking up and it is only a matter of time before the Fed changes course. Good times coming to a market near you soon!

Last edited:
I (and no doubt others) have mentioned this quite a few times in the thread- leaving them posted at superchargers with the added bonus of potentially being able to do some basic interior cleaning/tossing of trash from passengers as well
I would be concerned in some areas where they might be used for target practice.

Pretty amusing reading through all the hot takes and fear mongering across the media, influential people and CEO’s, etc from this time last year about hyperinflation, runaway inflation, inflation just as bad as the early 1980’s, Fed’s gonna need to raise rates 8-10%, the economy is going to crash harder than 2008-2009, blah blah blah…All those irresponsibly fear mongering are awfully quiet nowadays