Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Musk met with Modi? Confirmed that they'll enter India in 2019? Well, that's news, if this is accurate...

नमो on Twitter

That is an old photo - when Modi visited US and met Musk among others.

I'd not believe that tweet unless confirmed by others. Modi and his fans are spreading fake news 24/7 because of ongoing general elections in India.

I disagree with your disagreement. ICE vehicles don't come in standard range and long range variants. Clearly range is a differentiator with people putting a premium on having more range. That's why people would buy a 100D over a 75D - more range and higher performance. Otherwise the cars were identical.

I am a bit behind. But this is not accurate. Some vehicles let you upgrade the gas tank size. My 2011 F150 came with a 28 gallon tank. I upgraded to the 35 gallon tank.

Question for LEAP option experts.... I bought a lot of LEAPS last December with Jan 2020 exp., 250SP. They are currently down 57%. If the stock quickly recovers to 350, I'll be ok. But if it doesn't, when is the best time to roll them to 2021 before time decay starts to really get me? Also do "wash sales" rules apply to rolling options?

Some people say that the time value starts to degrade around 6 months out (so about 3 months from now) but that's just what I've heard, not my own opinion. And yes, respectively.

OT Sad news:

my Model S was hit in a parking lot today(other driver apparently drove off and didn’t leave a note or anything. Reeeeeally wish I had been one of the people who got the recent Sentry Mode version for AP2.0. There’s some cameras in the lot that may or may not have caught it.
Wish we had a sad face vote... what a pain. Hope the other other cameras caught it so the a$$hole can get arrested!

TSLA stock price: stuck in neutral for almost 5 years. Yet these threads have thousands of post, people pouring over information to make decision that so far have not been profitable.

Don't you miss your kids? Don't you miss being productive at your jobs?

I sold my kids to buy TSLA.

I sued my employer for sexual harassment and put my winnings into TSLA.

Still waiting for payday, but I’m confident it’s coming.

Worth it! Vive la Tesla!

I sold my kids to buy TSLA.

I sued my employer for sexual harassment and put my winnings into TSLA.

Still waiting for payday, but I’m confident it’s coming.

Worth it! Vive la Tesla!
I actually told my mother that I'd rather someone accidentally lightly bruise my kid than my car.... the kid would heal much faster than I could get the replacement part.

I see we are mentioning I-PACEs in this thread. So let me just say that I received one today and have shared my early impressions here: Jaguar I-Pace.

Before any of you jump on me, I did not buy it outright and wouldn't do so. I got it for an excellent price on a lease, the sort of deal Tesla would never and will never do. And that's something, as a Tesla investor, I'm glad of. I don't agree with some of the comments above regarding cheap material quality, but it really depends what you're used to and comparing it to I guess.
“Simulated engine noise”? Really?

Once-hailed 'Tesla Killer' Audi e-tron slows down production to just 6 hrs/day: report

"The Audi e-tron, once dubbed by avid Tesla critics as a potential “Tesla Killer,” is reportedly running into production problems due to a constrained supply of batteries and a slower-than-expected delivery of electric motors. These production problems have reportedly caused Audi to postpone the release of its upcoming all-electric car, the e-tron Sportback, to 2020, roughly a year later than its intended 2019 release date."
So, other than batteries and motors, no problem.

Additionally, when I said 1000 miles, I meant with the battery size staying the same as today. The Model 3 just got a 15 mile boost from a software change. How many pounds were added to the car?

You have to look at the software change and see how many of the bits are ones and how many are zeroes. The ones obviously weigh more.

I
My parents really want to switch to EV (currently car is a Lexus RX 450h) but they're too scared of having to wait for hours to (queue for and charge when driving their annual 550+ miles trip.

Why so much range anxiety? Because years ago, they heard from friends who have a Model S 90D that they once preferred to take an ICE for one 500+ miles trip, just because they had a new born and the wife wanted to the trip to be as short as possible. That was years ago but anecdote frighten them so much they are now waiting to hear dozen of positive feedback from other Tesla owners before committing to an EV.
I suggest they rent an ICE car for their annual 550 mile trip.

Weekend Off-Planet: :D

"Mars Calling: Manifest Destiny or Grand Illusion" 939K views (54:02)​

Cheers!

Published on Jul 23, 2018:

"This film brings together the mythic and the scientific to show that Mars may now be what we imagine. Some believe Mars is the next home for Humanity. But the real “red planet” is a trickster; strikingly beautiful, yet sweetly sinister. Even as a growing armada of instruments arrive, this small cold world continues to conceal its secrets. The technological means to cross space and perhaps bring this small world back to life is just now coming within our grasp. Settlers beware: Mars is likely to change Humanity as much as we change it."​

• Informative
Reactions: wipster
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: gene
I want to look into previous earnings where we were trading near the bottom of the range going into an earnings report that was widely expected to be bad. I think I remember a couple times where we actually climbed after the ER.

Here is the snapshot from Q4 '16 to Q4 '18. Set Date is when the ER date was announced.

TSLA-ER.png

I

I suggest they rent an ICE car for their annual 550 mile trip.
Sounds like bad advice.

You are much better off with a tesla with autopilot, especially on such a long trip. Its by far the safest vehicle, and yes it will make you align your breakfast or lunch or dinner plans along the trip with charging at the same time, but that also means no waiting around, the iphone lets you know when your car is close to being fully charged.

I used to insist on flying anything over 300 miles until we replaced the Honda Odyssey with a Tesla Model X, and despite it being the good old AP1, it takes over so much of the micromanaging that I can just be focused on overall safety and can go twice as far with the same amount of effort.

I would never want to go that far without autopilot again.