Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As my signature states, I already own a 2021 MY LR with stalks, and I am extremely happy with it! :cool:

If they ever do a Highland MY I'd be interested in trading up, but if it doesn't have stalks I'd very likely just keep my 2021 instead. Unless there is some aftermarket option to put the stalks back on.

You: I don’t like white bread. White bread is full sugar and chemicals. It’s horrible. Wonder Bread shouldn’t make it.

Me: Buy whole wheat bread from your neighbor who makes it fresh everyday and doesn’t add all the crap.

You: I’m good. I make my own from organically grown wheat in my backyard.

Me: 🫤

Out of context. No.
No. Not out of context. Highland is a simple refresh of current Model 3. Like the first refresh that Model S got back in 2016. It’s not a vehicle platform change that will create thousands of dollars in cost savings. That will be the next model they make in Mexico?

Model 3 sells for 25k when Tesla decides margins are going to be 0%.

I'm concerned the Highland M3 won't have stalks on it, and if it doesn't then my fear is it will hurt sales of the new M3...

I know Tesla is working towards Robotaxi's with no steering wheels at all, but IMHO removing stalks from cars today is premature.

Tesla's plan is as obvious as it is simple: Auto-dimming headlights replace the dimmer switch; Autowipers replace the wiper switch; and (eventually) Maps+Navigation w. the "language of lanes" will replace the turn signals.

Oh, and Tesla Vision will replace the parking ultra-sonic sensors (eventually). It just takes time to get things done and dusted; an over-the-air update will calm the trembling masses. ;)

Cheer to the Longs!

Tesla's plan is as obvious as it is simple: Auto-dimming headlights replace the dimmer switch; Autowipers replace the wiper switch; and (eventually) Maps+Navigation w. the "language of lanes" will replace the turn signals.

Oh, and Tesla Vision will replace the parking ultra-sonic sensors (eventually). It just takes time to get things done and dusted; an over-the-air update will calm the trembling masses. ;)

Cheer to the Longs!

Sure the long term plan is good, I agree. Where I disagree is removing the stalks now, I just feel it's been premature.

I understand not everyone does, but as an investor I am concerned about customers not wanting to buy Tesla's without stalks. I wish Tesla had simply kept stalks until FSD is solved and Robotaxi's are a thing. It's a low cost item which 99% of drivers are accustomed to having.

If others were being spoofed or whatever I felt it was worth pointing out. And are the mods here becoming toxic-er because the Stock price and future do not look cheery. I hope so because I post one post in over a week and get told to "lie down in garbage" and extremely piss poor interaction with a Mod. And it was a post to help other investors by WARNING them of what to me was a very well done "clone" on X. The subject was NOT X. You Mods need to chill. It is often said that people find some bravery hiding behind a keyboard. I have never really felt as if it were the case. But the Mod that react with an aggressive negative response that went beyond the scope of my post appears to have lost any sense of reality.
I was solely trying to help/warn other investors, and to alert The Accountant.
I did message him on this site, but I thought someone might know him and get his attention since it was a time sensitive subject.
So to any mod that acted like a dick.... No. YOU go lay down in garbage. And do not ever talk to me like that again. (Which is just me giving You back the crap you chose to write me without thinking through my posts.)
we really need a confused button 😕

Reactions: UncaNed
Moderator NOTE FOR ALL: READ

There will be no more use of this platform to assess, praise or whine about Twitter/X, or anecdotes about what happened to oneself through use of or proximity to it, without first abjectly acknowledging that I have been correct over the past decade and more of its coruscatingly destructive and unsalvageable faults.

FTFY. *Plain English Please*

No. Not out of context. Highland is a simple refresh of current Model 3. Like the first refresh that Model S got back in 2016. It’s not a vehicle platform change that will create thousands of dollars in cost savings. That will be the next model they make in Mexico?

Nearly the same as what I said ($27.5K after incentives, someday before Gen 3). We'll know in 2 weeks as the rumor goes.
(FYI, my crystal ball was hand made; not sure where you picked yours up.)

I disagree. I think most younger people are ok with the new controls. I think Model S / X buyers, on average, are older than Model 3 / Y buyers as most younger people cannot afford the S or X. I don't have data to back this up; it's my perception from talking to people. I think a Highland Model 3 without stalks will sell well.
Clearly Models S and X have older drivers. Many of them are happy with yokes, as am my 78 year old self. A fairly high proportion of Tesla, especially Models S and X are early adopters who are tolerant of new technology quirks and frequently embrace them.

Models 3 and Y are far more nearly mass market and end to less adventurous even though they tend to be younger.

That may seem trifle counter intuitive but probably is true. If so, having the ability to choose seems to be a wise move, as Tesla has already done.

Either way this specific issue probably has had n
Well not yet… I didn't say when. They likely don't need it that low to sell initially. But how long before Gen 3 cost start to Osborn the Highlander? The prices need to be close when Gen 3 is released.

I have listen to the arguments made, so here’s my final offer:
- Highlander 27.5k after US incentives.
- 21.5k at transition to Gen 3 because Tesla will be producing millions by then with some robots helping out.
The Highlander is not an EV anyway and is in no way relevant to the Highland Model 3:
anyway the Highlander is not eligible for any incentives other than Toyota dealer and consumer rebates/otehr incentives. No government incentives at all./s

As much as we all love Tesla and $TSLA, they are not a charity!
Hope this macro 💩 passes soon, so that we can achieve a new ATH by EOY :) (Wishful thinking i know)

You see charity, I see advertisement of unreal proportions. 80M of costs, given the CT is 80K a pop would generate solid advertisement and unreal interest for future models. Compare that 80M to what all and each other company spend on ads.

• Disagree
Reactions: replicant

"Simple refresh"? It has LEDs and Air Conditioned seats! ($ cheap and $ cheap). /s
Do we know if it will have F/R castings, and how much cost that saves? Other savings (because we know that's what Tesla does)?

What's your estimate?

Did you really just say "two weeks"? 😂
I was only being cute... What's your estimate?
Volume possibly in Sept, orders started... production started... 🤷‍♂️

Uuggggglllllyyyyyyyy week to say the least:

1692390032223.png

Clearly Models S and X have older drivers. Many of them are happy with yokes, as am my 78 year old self. A fairly high proportion of Tesla, especially Models S and X are early adopters who are tolerant of new technology quirks and frequently embrace them.

Models 3 and Y are far more nearly mass market and end to less adventurous even though they tend to be younger.

That may seem trifle counter intuitive but probably is true. If so, having the ability to choose seems to be a wise move, as Tesla has already done.

Either way this specific issue probably has had n

The Highlander is not an EV anyway and is in no way relevant to the Highland Model 3:
anyway the Highlander is not eligible for any incentives other than Toyota dealer and consumer rebates/otehr incentives. No government incentives at all./s

My wife and I have recently done a test drive with the Model Y with the idea of using the FSD transfer to switch her Model 3 to a Model Y. We’re also going to replace my Model S with a new one in the coming months. And then I realised how painful it’s going to be switching from the yoke to the wheel+stalks and vice versa (We both drive both cars, depending on the situation).
So we’re going to wait to upgrade the Model 3 to a Y, hoping that the Model Y someday will get the yoke wheel too.

Uuggggglllllyyyyyyyy week to say the least:

View attachment 966236

And did Tesla F up on production? Releasing a new product that is ugly? Not getting great cell material contracts? Not building enough factories? Not propping up the Texas grid enough with renewables?

NOT PULLING THEIR WEIGHT ENOUGH TO BRING THIS MISREIABLE, GREEDY SPECIES TO A BETTER WAY OF LIVING!?!

Yeah stock market, down with the valuation!!!