Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may be misinterpreting your post, so if your post was sarcasm just disregard...but I actually thought it was refreshing to see that. I took it as a big compliment to Tesla's ability to bring down costs.

What I heard was "Tesla's so good at cutting cost, nobody else has a chance."

I sold some of my non-IRA TSLA holding at $1165 back in 2021. That sale turned into dividend mutual funds. Since then:

- TSLA down by ~30%
- Dividend Mutual Funds down by ~15% w/o income
- Dividend Mutual Funds down by ~7-8% w/ income included

Obviously, TSLA has a much higher upside from here in out, but the mutual funds are life savers in a recessionary type of market. Just sharing to provide one insight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still emotionally scarred from the period between Sept 21st 2022 - Jan 6th 2023 :)
My sole trade of any kind so far in 2023 has been for a slice of TSLA on Jan. 10 at $118.85...meaning I guess emotional but I guess not scarred.:)

...except that I missed the hypabyssal bottom by that much:rolleyes:.

The best guide to the immediate future is, Drew is on record saying something like 2024 will be a big year for 4680 cell production.

If Tesla has the cells then that unlocks a ramp in more vehicle production, Austin/Berlin Model Y, Cybertruck and Semi.

The Lathrop Megapack factory should be fully ramped and the Chinese Megpack factory in progress,

However, if we look ahead to the end of 2023 it is unlikely that much happens in these areas, apart from Lathrop.

Any positive surprise between now and the end of 2023, is likely to come from FSD, Optimus or Dojo, or perhaps the reveal of a new product.

FSD, Optimus or Dojo, and the reveal of a new product are also more likely to make a positive contribution in 2024

Or sometimes nothing changes, and people simply reconsider the available information.

Last edited:
I sold some of my non-IRA TSLA holding at $1165 back in 2021. That sale turned into dividend mutual funds. Since then:

- TSLA down by ~30%
- Dividend Mutual Funds down by ~15% w/o income
- Dividend Mutual Funds down by ~7-8% w/ income included

Obviously, TSLA has a much higher upside from here in out, but the mutual funds are life savers in a recessionary type of market. Just sharing to provide one insight.
Definitely MF's will do better in a bear market. My timeline is 2033 so i was scrambling to raise more funds to buy more $TSLA when it was in the mid $100's. Luckily found a lot of loose change in relatives couches :)

Agreed. What is your midpoint PT (you know, if half of those things go right?)

I have done some very rough estimates including robotaxis, software revenues (FSD), and even a guesstimate on meager Optimus revenues by 2030. Robotaxi's alone get so incredibly obscene valuation wise (even if I go conservative with it) that I almost can't believe the math. Optimus gets even more crazy, but I scale the bot production slowly so my model doesn't show it going full crazy until after 2030, but if bot sales scaled fast then it eclipses most of the rest of the company by my guestimates.

I mostly tune my model super conservative on purpose because the numbers just get stupid high if I don't, lol.

If they do hit 20 million by 2030 then my model shows a PT around $1900 with a modest PE of 30. The PE becomes very sensitive at big valuations like this, because a PE of 50 increases that PT to nearly $3100 for the same revenues.

When I do include my guesses for FSD, Robotaxis, and Bots, my 2030 PT goes up to $4890. And my guesses for all of those in 2030 are conservative too. It's so silly that I keep these switched off in my model just to make my PT seem more believable.

The upside potential for TSLA in 7 years is insane IMHO, even very conservative numbers predict a 4X as the minimum base, so when I see people like Featsbeyond50 say $120 in 2030 without Robotaxi's I just don't understand how anyone can come to such a conclusion.