Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
…. If you don't like how the world is, stop the whiny virtue signaling, get off your butt and go out and try to change it.

Sign me up for another 25 TSLA shares. Just because Elon made me chuckle.
A fine, well-reasoned, cogent analysis of how to make good investment decisions. Good luck.

OR: This thread’s discussion rules not only have zero virtue signaling, they are crafted specifically to force participants to use vocabulary and grammar developed over millennia to project one’s thoughts, inquiries and attitudes in clear, cool, dispassionate means - as well as, of course, being truly cogent and well-reasoned.

And those are one of MY ways I work to change the world.

That that also assists my six-year old, who reads everything, to learn how to create good discourse and meaningful content….well, that’s a fine benefit.

So they will have to make TSLA the centrepiece of their fund right?

Right?

I was once so naive that I decided to put some of my savings in an ethical fund, so looked for what funds a local bank known for it’s ethical policies had to offer. I was not so naive though to invest without investigating what companies that fund invested in. It turned out that they invested in Microsoft, Facebook, Google, NVidia and such (not Tesla of course). The only difference with a non-ethical fund was that they had an explanation why these companies where considered ethical investments. Of course, I didn’t invest any of my money in that.

The number one reason I put in a deposit was for the 500 mile range. (I do think I would rather have a 500 mile X though). The long range market is much bigger than you think (my opinion only).
Absolutely - people would rather have 500 mile range than 300. But how many would pay $20k more for that ?

The best selling car in the world - Model Y - tops out at 330 miles of range.

I want CT to be selling like Model Y - not Model X.

Lots of people buy the more expensive version of a vehicle, even if the practical benefit is small. It makes them feel special. And 500 miles vs. 300-350 will appeal to many IMO. Also higher trims are more profitable. If Tesla doesn't offer a 500 mile version from the start, the reason would be a manufacturing issue such as not enough 4680's.
How many ? Thats the question.

Essentially it makes sense for Tesla to introduce a much more expensive version - for "halo" sake or if it makes actual financial sense. I can see why a halo 500 mile range CT might be attractive to some - but I'm not convinced it makes financial sense.

Last edited:
Hypothetical to make a point.

You are not invited.
Yes, I’ve made vanilla cake and last week I made shortcake from scratch because I had some strawberries that deserved only the best.
Did it look like AZ was just down the street from my glass half empty picture!?
Got it, hypothetically speaking.

To most people's amazement, Arizona has quite the diverse regions of climate. (The other rumor is that we have no lakes, lol. There are many for fishing, skiing, at least today anyway.) Then there's the opposite in Kamloops BC, a desert region where I have personally seen tumbleweeds blow across the road. So photos can be deceiving ;)

1 2
3 4

1701364913627.png
1701364936539.png

1701364998236.png
1701365105610.png

There was someone yesterday elsewhere that said he was invited to take one of 50 deliveries today at Texas but he had to sign a NDA. 45 minutes later he posted that his delivery invitation had been revoked for violating the NDA, and that he hadn't understood what a NDA is.

Was not able to verify if that was real or not.

If they have 50 in Texas to be delivered today, they could be delivering ~100 nationwide. I think that would be bullish since the expectations are a few deliveries only to employees.