Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this is true (and I find no reason to believe it's not), we can expect to start seeing CTs on the road everywhere starting tomorrow!

Bradford Ferguson

@bradsferguson
There WILL be CT deliveries outside of Texas tomorrow:

“Just went to the Xxxx store and got confirmation that there are delivery appointments for tomorrow for the Cybertruck. So not just deliveries at the event but also at most likely all the stores that have them on display…”
6:38 PM · Nov 29, 2023
I was hoping for that. They did make close to 2000 units by now.

I think that's Tom and Lars on the L/R ends.

P.S. Sandy looks like a 6-yr old waiting to meet Santa... :)
Love Tesla even more now. Sandy has always been good for them and he's been invited. So have many good youtubers. ZERO corrupt media. They had heard yesterday.

Absolutely - people would rather have 500 mile range than 300. But how many would pay $20k more for that ?

The best selling car in the world - Model Y - tops out at 330 miles of range.

I want CT to be selling like Model Y - not Model X.

How many ? Thats the question.

Essentially it makes sense for Tesla to introduce a much more expensive version - for "halo" sake or if it makes actual financial sense. I can see why a halo 500 mile range CT might be attractive to some - but I'm not convinced it makes financial sense.

Well, I, and most people at the time, paid $10K more for a Model S 85, than a 60... that's only like 65-75 miles difference...

I understand that 300 is "enough" territory for many, and there's diminishing returns for how many people will pay for more... especially with the density of the supercharger network now.

That having been said, I believe the Cybertruck is likely to be subject to even more conditions that reduce range. Heck, I'd bet that just having the bed-cover retracted might incur a significant penalty at highway speeds. Not to mention towing, bulky cargo items in the bed, off roading, train, wind, etc...

I'm willing to bet those big tires having to push rain water out of the way, some "stuff" in the bed, and a bit of wind, and your 500 mile range could be 325. Towing makes it 250...

Last edited:
A likely staged picture of 7 CTs tells us nothing.
Oh, you had to ruin it. :(
There's no line workers, they are self-assembling O M G.
How?

Did some assume they weren't going to make the 10+ they were going to deliver today?

It's an awesome picture, but tells us nothing about ramp.
True, but we have never seen anything like this with Semi. So in my mind, this looks like a production tease for all those who said it would never deliver. There's some PR in there for sure!

If this is true (and I find no reason to believe it's not), we can expect to start seeing CTs on the road everywhere starting tomorrow!

Bradford Ferguson

@bradsferguson
There WILL be CT deliveries outside of Texas tomorrow:

“Just went to the Xxxx store and got confirmation that there are delivery appointments for tomorrow for the Cybertruck. So not just deliveries at the event but also at most likely all the stores that have them on display…”
6:38 PM · Nov 29, 2023
I've not seen many people report appointments for delivery .... are they under NDA ?

Oh, you had to ruin it. :(
There's no line workers, they are self-assembling O M G.

True, but we have never seen anything like this with Semi. So in my mind, this looks like a production tease for all those who said it would never deliver. There's some PR in there for sure!
I made it my background. I love the photo, but seeing that and thinking "the ramp is going to be better than expected" is a leap too far.

Will there be an "also..........." product intro today along with the CT? That is the question. $25K car concept perhaps?
Elon walks the cybertruck production line highlighting the difficulty in certain sections and mid-sentence opens a door to a separate prototype production line for the modular lower cost tesla, quickly shuts the door and exclaims, oops sorry that's for another day. And keeps walking

love it.

GAMzwZTWIAAAN7I

Id be beyond happy if they deliver 100 CTs today. 50 would also be pretty good.
This is not like the model Y, which initially was a tweaked 3, or like the 3 which was basically the S, but smaller and cheaper to build...but still basically a sedan,
The CT has a completely new style of production. They are going seriously out on a limb with a radical production method, radical design, and entering a completely new market segment.
I suspect in 10 years time we will look back and think that even if it took then a year to make the first 10,000, it was still worthwhile.

It already looks like proper production is ahead of where the semi is. Very excited for today :D.