Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In 2020, ARK’s price target for Tesla in 2024 was $1,500 bear case and $7,000 base case, presplit. $100-$466 split adjusted...which is almost very close to the range TSLA has traded from It's $400+ ATH set Nov 2021 (over 2 yesrs early) to it's more recent ~$140 low set Jan 2023. This was all without robotaxis, which I believe would have constituted the bull case. I would have to go back to reread the report to see for certain.

It's much more useful to look at the underlying assumptions of their valuation. Thinking they can manufacture 10m cars with close to 30% margin (iirc) showed me that Ark has no idea how manufacturing works. The market was irrational for a lot of 2020 and 2021, so I'm not putting too much weight on the market caps achieved during that period. By any growth company. The vast majority of them will never get close to that ever again

EEDD896F-3CF8-4027-AAB3-21FB135583CF.jpeg
Amazing artwork in Mexico City - I’ve seen a few teslas here every day in Roma neighborhood.

Attachments

• 065C34C5-2F7C-4F08-8A55-3CB092239C2A.jpeg
    065C34C5-2F7C-4F08-8A55-3CB092239C2A.jpeg
    799.6 KB · Views: 1
So basically they will argue the plaintiff legal fees on July 8th and then discuss the recent vote end of July or early Aug.

Makes lots of sense to argue legal fees before a final decision on pay package/s.

This looks to be setting up to a pay the lawyers a huge fee and then rule the pay package is now valid with the recent vote.

I think you mean 'INvalid', otherwise your post doesn't make sense. Or at least, loses a lot of its sarcasm.

• Funny
Reactions: ShareLofty
I think you mean 'INvalid', otherwise your post doesn't make sense. Or at least, loses a lot of its sarcasm.
Probably a mistake on my part to mix in sarcasm.

I meant it's heading down a path where Elon gets his pay as she is willing to listen to arguments on the recent vote but the lawyers also get a big settlement as she will pretend the second vote never happened to decide their pay.

There is a UTube channel called Ray and Zack that deals with car sales. Yesterday they were talking about Ford and the drop in sales. F150 market share down 22%. They were checking Mach E and Lightning sales around country, and Mach E averaged a 3 YEAR Supply af cars to sales! Lightning was better only because less stock. As an aside the Model Y was number two in both 23 and 24. Ray was surprised it wasn’t no1 this year. NOTE this is percent of sales not absolute number of sales. I don’t think we can complain too much about how Tesla is doing.

So basically they will argue the plaintiff legal fees on July 8th and then discuss the recent vote end of July or early Aug.

Makes lots of sense to argue legal fees before a final decision on pay package/s.

This looks to be setting up to a pay the lawyers a huge fee and then rule the pay package is now valid with the recent vote.

I interpret this to mean McCormick is setting the stage to award a large payment to the attorneys. Why else exclude the re-vote of the compensation package from consideration? The revote basically proves the lawsuit was not in the interest of shareholders and the attorneys should get nothing. Not considering it allows the opportunity to give the attorneys what they (she) want.

Further, if the rumored backlash in Delaware is accurate, McCormick may be incentivized to rule the way she really wants to while she can.

Last edited:
I interpret this to mean McCormick is setting the stage to award a large payment to the attorneys. Why else exclude the re-vote of the compensation package from consideration? The revote basically proves the lawsuit was not in the interest of shareholders and the attorneys should get nothing. Not considering it allows the opportunity to give the attorneys what they (she) want.

Further, if the rumored backlash in Delaware is accurate, McCormick may be incentivized to rule the way she really wants to while she can.
What's your take @ShareLofty ?

She will throw out the second shareholder vote just like she did the first. She listed several problems with the original 2018 comp plan. The revote fixed one. The rest remain including that the comp plan was negotiated by Elon with himself. The directors weren’t independent and didn’t act on behalf of shareholders. Also the Judge doesn’t care about rumors or boomer mommys letter writing campaign.

She will throw out the second shareholder vote just like she did the first. She listed several problems with the original 2018 comp plan. The revote fixed one. The rest remain including that the comp plan was negotiated by Elon with himself. The directors weren’t independent and didn’t act on behalf of shareholders. Also the Judge doesn’t care about rumors or boomer mommys letter writing campaign.
What you said here is simply additional opinion which I share. I think it's highly likely she will invalidate the second vote. It falls in the category of "rule the way she really wants".