Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this is a repost, but just in case it hadn't:

It's a petition letter to the board of directors.

Shr Ltr 2 BoD.png

I'd consider voting for this proposal IF @teslaboomermama is also elected to the Tesla Board of Directors: Ideas are cheap; Execution is hard.

not debating which is cheaper, just curious what the true cost of an email is. I mean you need internet service, a computer, an email service, which has data centers/staff/etc., then an end user that also has internet service and a computer to receive it.
But most of what you name is a sunk cost. I suppose you could allocate those costs per email sent, but it would be very very very low.

Either way this is it...no more rewrites, there's nowhere to go after end to end.

Of course there is: large-language models. The current AI training approach by feeding it massive numbers of examples simply boils down to deductive reasoning. It the training library includes the issue at hand, then the inference engine will be able to handle it.

There are certain types of task though that are better solved through inductive reasoning: IE theirs a forest fire on that highway, we shouldn't go that way, find another route... much of this can be done at the data center, and distributed through the routing data feed in near realtime.

The real test of deductive reasoning will be like: Is that my Ex? What's that's she holding? Maybe we better go back thru the smoke... ;)

Cheers!

I was wondering the same recently. He is ok, still active on other forums, like here: JRP3
FYI, I've touched base with a couple of other used to be frequent posters, StarFoxisDown and bkp_duke. Star is on the site, just not this perpetual thread and bkp has just been busy with work and family stuff. Hope to see both posting again in the near future. I mean we all have so much fun here right? Nudge nudge wink wink say no more;-)

That's not the problem: hedgies believe Tesla today is worth less than half of what it was worth over 5 years ago.

I think the market has trouble correctly evaluating Tesla and that's why we see wild swings in the stock price when new information comes out (i.e.) a so-so quarter, almost like it's grasping for an answer.

My belief is Tesla has enough cash, a good track record of executing, exciting future products and a great Team, from Elon down to grow massively. Consequently I am going to be buying and holding Tesla forever and dollar cost averaging for the next 10-15 years, so these stock price swings are just noise and will barely be seen on a 20-30 year chart, from my viewpoint. If I require income when retiring I would write options conservatively and/or use dividends assuming Tesla offers them then.

FYI, I've touched base with a couple of other used to be frequent posters, StarFoxisDown and bkp_duke. Star is on the site, just not this perpetual thread and bkp has just been busy with work and family stuff. Hope to see both posting again in the near future. I mean we all have so much fun here right? Nudge nudge wink wink say no more;-)
Well Starfox is pretty active on the option thread and he is pretty bearish for at least 2024 so if anyone wants a pick me up, you can read it there.

Tesla can train V12 to be truly great in a relatively small geofenced area. And unlike Waymo, Tesla can do it profitably.

You're drifting off into the weeds here. Geofencing doesn't solve all of the edge cases which will come up. Things like missing manhole covers, or semi trailers falling off a bridge above you aren't inside that fence.

I think you're conflating v12's new abilities with the Waymo/LIDAR approach, which depends upon hi-def mapping (hence the need to geofence to keep the dataset managable). We already know this didn't work: just ask the woman who was hit by another car, and thrown underneath a Waymo car. No LIDAR in the undercarriage though... didn't think of that, did they?

That's an edge case, and not one which can be fixed by geofencing. Indeed, with the Tesla approach to data gathering, the smaller the domain the less data will be collected. So geofencing would make FSD worse. The issue is when Tesla take legal responsibility for unforseen events. That's more than just a technical issue, it involved insurance, liability, local laws and appetite for risk (clearly, SFO moved early with Waymo, now are shying away).

Last edited:
Crazy to think Meta added 1/3 of TSLA to their market cap in 1 day.... must be all those people betting with their stimmies, right? Right....

No, it's shortzes running for the exit. They don't have $$Bs in cash to cover the dividends they now own on any shares they borrowed... SURPRISE! Some could have been reborrowed, and sold over and over. It's all legal in Wall-E world... :p

Plus they could have moved naked shorts offshore on which they'll also have to pay dividends to a real somebody in the U.S.

Its a wobbly house of cards, this Mkt Cap thing, and supported by the flimsiest of Madeoffs... /x

Last edited:
not debating which is cheaper, just curious what the true cost of an email is. I mean you need internet service, a computer, an email service, which has data centers/staff/etc., then an end user that also has internet service and a computer to receive it.

The cost of all that infrastructure is a fraction of a penny amortized over all the data it will convey over its lifetime.

Either Volvo's parent company Geely is getting Polestar cheap, or Polestar isn't a Tesla killer

6,000 units at Berlin in one week is impressive.
Keep in mind that Berlin will be down for a week or two due to parts delay.
Perhaps this was a burst of production to wrap up the week before the downtime.
Strange though that this is from some linkedin post which seems to be an employee, but not from an official tesla account.
A bit sloppy Sawyer says it from @Tesla which would mean the official X channel (that is where the link takes you to).
Nothing there though..